Does MMA show that Asian martial arts are overrated?

Or is MMA not a good enough representation of what real fights are like to make such determinations?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kajukenbo
youtube.com/watch?v=t6XldR7pCFI
cagesideseats.com/2012/12/8/3669792/the-forgotten-golden-age-of-mma-part-two-the-rise-of-judo-dawn-of-new-age-john-nash
youtube.com/watch?v=ABtg_J82qoc
youtube.com/watch?v=ujWgR3uwP48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if they allowed downward elbows and soccer kicks then some asian martial arts like muay thai would be better desu

I want her to sit on my dick and thrust if you know what I mean.

Asia is obsessed with gimmicks and legacies.

Didn't you see that MMA guy destroy the Tai Chi loser? He got a bounty put on his head because autistic China couldn't handle their crouching tiger flying between trees powers to be stupid.

So when asians come to america they usually get destroyed because they actually get drug tested and are to retarded to give up their traditional methods.

Kickboxing is a variation of karate
Muay Thai is used in mma
Judo is very effective in mma
Brazilian jujitsu is obviously an offshoot of judo / jujitsu

Asian martial arts are effective , you just need to find a club/ gym that will allow for full contact sparring , no kata or weapon bull shit

Those are good points. I guess yeah, pretty much all MMA is influenced by judo.

real fights have guns/knives/metal bars/sticks

True. And usually hard surfaces that mean it's a bad idea to do anything that slams your own body into the ground.

the only reason the tai chi master lost is because he didn't BELIEVE in the power

>Asian martial arts are effective
It depends on the martial art, of course. Like the leaf said, Tai Chi is fucking useless but it's still taken very seriously in China.

Kajukenbo when?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kajukenbo

BJJ is pretty much a variation of old school judo.

If there was an UFC in the 80's, the one who would win it all would not be some BJJ guy (be it Rickson or whatever) or an American boxer (be it Mike Tyson or whoever was the top boxer). It would likely be a Japanese judoka.

Muay Thai and Karate also work well in MMA. Lyoto is a Shotokan guy, GSP is a Kyokushin guy. Semmy Schilt is arguably the GOAT K-1 fighter and he also is a karate guy.

Brazillian Jiu jitsu is just a better take on Japanese jiu jitsu/judo

Muay Thai is an Asian martial art

Wrestling is the only Mediterranean/western martial art in MMA

Considering that most MMA fighters use Oriental techniques, Id say youre retarded.

It always comes down to the individual.

>the state of that place

Except muay thai doesn't have a ground game at all so you're fucking wrong

>what is boxing

>ground game
that's where the soccer kicks come into play, dummy

Ty based MMA for sucking the boneheads who seek to practice the art of "most effectively beating the shit out of people on the streets" off of traditional martial arts and leaving them to us weeb autists.

>soccer kicks are taught in muay thai
lol join a gym retard

>implying those two groups are exclusive to one another
weeb autists are the worst at projecting their imaginary street badassery after moving to yellow belt

we're talking about MMA fights
lol join a language comprehension class retard

Follow the reply chain you dumb american nigger.

>soccer kicks then some asian martial arts like muay thai would be better desu
Was the first post. Want a helmet m8

>Or is MMA not a good enough representation of what real fights are like to make such determinations?

drop to the mat in a hold when fighting 4 guys at once and you'll probably be a dead man before you manage to do anything about the joint lock.

MMA is the ultimate 1v1 SUBMISSION combat style. Since making your foe quit is one way to win, the whole fighting style is designed to achieve that for the most part. Make it a fight to the death and the style would change, make it a fight to the death with multiple combatants at once and no one would leave their feet.

Remember jujutsu is the "sport" version of a japanese killing art, which was designed to be used bare handed against armored foes in battle. It was designed to give an unarmed man a fighting chance by attacking joints and taking advantages of throws (throws can do damage if someone is wearing armor). Throws, a major point of jujutsu aren't really used in MMA because it gives someone a chance to get back up again. while takedowns/tackles dominate because its designed to allow you to bring someone into a prone/vulnerable position on the ground.

MMA fighters are brutal, and I wouldn't want to fight one in a street fight, but to call it the pinnacle of martial arts is wrong. Its a high level style of submission sport fighting.

>antelopes and cheetahs beating a rhinoceros

Nah. If anything, scrawny weebs are the ones to go turbofedora about the spiritual and holistic aspects of their thing.

>mfw mum wouldn't let me start karate in the nineties because the chads would beat up each other in school after yellow belt and super religious dad woudn't let me because it included "chink idol worshipping"

you forgot harsh language

>drop to the mat in a hold when fighting 4 guys at once

if you're fighting 4 guys at once you're gonna unwillingly drop anyways, sooner rather than later. And once you do you better know some grappling to try and get up and run the fuck away.

>submission
>submission
>submission
You clearly don't even watch mma

>not mastering the true finnish EFO techniques
heathen youtube.com/watch?v=t6XldR7pCFI

well I took it to mean muay thai effectiveness used within MMA fights, since that what OP said. either way, soccer kicks aren't some magical move that needs special training, most nak muay would sleep people begging them to enter their guard if it were allowed.

no need to get your dander up, you silly roo fucking abo

I don't follow

The 90s were a bad time to do that, too many hot blooded retards thinking they lived in the Karate Kid movie combined with complete buffoons pretending to be senseis to earn a fast buck

There's literally no martial art in existence that will teach you to fight 3+ people with weapons and win. Idgaf about that lame ass video of the Turkish boxer punching drunken family members in the face who aren't fighting back. That's not evidence of anything but how uncoordinated people are when they drink.

Jujutsu is not the "sport" version of anything. That's literally the art that blood drunk samurais used to practice upon one another and ended up maiming each other. Most orthopedists at the time were assumed to be well skilled in jujutsu because they were often setting the bones of their fellow practitioners. Kano realized that this model of fighting was unsustainable, and adapted the safe techniques which could be practiced into a style call Ju-do. He and his students challenged the old, brutal jujutsu schools and fought openly. His students won all of their bouts, except for matches against a group of ground fighters known as Fusen-ryƫ Jujutsu. You can read more here:
cagesideseats.com/2012/12/8/3669792/the-forgotten-golden-age-of-mma-part-two-the-rise-of-judo-dawn-of-new-age-john-nash

Throws are a form of takedown, you mongoloid, and the reason they aren't used is because any braindead high school wrestler can just take your back from them. Try throwing a head and arm on someone who knows what they're doing and I guarantee you will be on your back getting choked out.

You know what, I take that back. Throws can work effectively but they aren't because they can be easy to defend. People that could manage to use throws effectively and repeatedly were Ronda, Karo Parisiyan, Fedor, Cub Swanson and Khabib against RDA.

If it was a one on one fight to the death without weapons, an MMA fighter would win. In fact, I'd bet on him if it was a knife fight between him and some TMA fag.

>soccer kicks aren't some magical move that needs special training
That's my point, it wouldn't be any more to the benefit of mt fighters than anyone else. In pride it was used more often by chute boxers and wrestlers.

I meant to say that judo isn't as effective currently because of the lack of a gi, the fact that many MMA stars are cross training heavily in wrestling, and due to the Olympic Commission's stubborn hatred of MMA. Most talented judoka aren't able to compete in any other sport aside from judo or they will face expulsion from the organization.

I revoke my prior statement about the ineffectiveness of throws entirely. I was being dumb.

Lel, never seen that before.

But imagine if only Kari Salo had taught martial arts instead of football.

youtube.com/watch?v=ABtg_J82qoc

it would definitely be one more thing groundfighters would have to worry about, and maybe make them more conservative with their game. we'll never see Sakuraba-tier guard jumping stomp attempts with those rules in place.

capoeira > chink and gook martial arts

Isn't that Irish fuck McMeme all about his weaboo attacks and martial arts movements?

THIS.

youtube.com/watch?v=ujWgR3uwP48

These cageside articles are great. I'm learning a lot.

Agreed. It's an excellent series and it gives a decent amount of history for an era that I know nothing about outside of Midnight in Paris (Belle Epoque)

short answer yes long anwser no

they lack full contact sparring and some competition to be effective.
much of these karate or tkd guys that found some success had cross train in kickboxing or muay thai to be effective.
theres a few techniques which would of use but 90% of your game should be kickboxing wrestling n bjj
the rest makes good supplements

>Judo i
only when cross trained. It has full contact but you cant win alone with it. like the other 3 mentioned.
course now a days you need all

This thread needs more Schaub desu for sure 100%

Asian martial arts are better for meditation than functional fighting

Get out, this is actually an informative thread and discussion about MMA.

Youll be meditating real well after I heem you with a left hook

Rousey proved that olympiate level judoka are one dimensional and easy to destroy

OLA E LAELA OLELE!

ur confusing chink shit like tai chi and kung fu as the only asian martial arts.

look at muay thai, kickboxing, karate-taekwondo, jewjitsu, judo, all dominate mma

nobody thinks you're funny, you obnoxious autist

>MMA takes a lot of techniques from Asian Martial Arts
>This means Asian Martial Arts is overrated
This is how stupid op is and only a white boy could be this fucking retarded.

t. Xiao Chen Fung, half-asian manlet who does Tae Kwon Doodoo to compensate for height and racebaits on monegasque Linkin Park memorial websites out of penis envy.