youtube.com/watch?v=x2HZQ70hpbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

don't listen to this guy

play this

youtube.com/watch?v=hNRHHRjep3E

Thanks frendo

Listen to jazz, faggot.

pic relatee

Can I have some spiritual jazz recs that aren't Alice Coltrane or Pharoah Sanders?

Listen to
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (or Bitches Brew if that's too entry-level for you)
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Charles Mingus - Black Saint
Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come
Eric Dolphy - Out to Lunch!

Now put them all on your top 50 chart and impress people with your patrician taste

GO LISTEN TO IT LIVE

seriously you will fall in love with jazz.
I used to think it was just mediocre until I went to a number of jazz clubs in bangkok.

The energy, the talent, the sounds it blew me away and now it's basically all the music I listen too.

What about vocal jazz
Somebody got some album recommendations ?

this
+stop being a helpless cunt

listen to some jazz

Sarah Vaughan.

Start with Mingus, his jazz is more musicy, as opposed to random bortles and toots pretending to be music.

A Love Supreme is SHIT

you don't

how do i into ecm?

yo

youtube.com/watch?v=x2HZQ70hpbU

just listen to this 10 times in a row

don't.

John Coltrane ;) . Otherwise u should check out Albert ayler

Jazz' definitions in terms of style are way more musical than in aesthetic. This makes it a bit more difficult, and then you'd have to focus on what is actually being played and the styles you like to find out what exactly draws you to something. Checking out groups of greats allows you to know where to go - the original Jazz Messengers has Doug Watkins, Kenny Dorham, Art Blakey, Hank Mobley and Horace Silver, so if you do like one of their playing styles you can check other albums they worked on, while for example if you look into Miles Davis' Second Great Quintet - Ron Carter, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter and Tony Williams (as well as Miles Davis himself) are all playing, so you can find out what players you like.

Jazz is in a lot of ways about the players as much as it is about the composition. Finding the players whose style attracts you is positively vital to enjoying jazz.

I would say if you're into hip hop to start with more modern jazz artists like Alfa Mist and Yussef Kamal

This, go to the jazz club, get fucked up, drink, smoke, get high, fuck around. Just relax and enjoy the shit.

pot is known to help