Why has no one told me about this album? If someone like Radiohead or Bjork made this...

Why has no one told me about this album? If someone like Radiohead or Bjork made this, it would be considered the greatest album of all time. It's on the way to becoming my favorite female and pop album.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gD2mhJ3ByGQ),
vocaroo.com/i/s0iIucjmC8oE
rbt.asia/mu/thread/74143542/#74200504
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah she is really good

I really think that album is better than anything Björk or Radiohead have ever made.

but you never hear anybody talking about it. Not even on Sup Forums

Glad you enjoy it, user, it's in my all time top-5.
Don't forget Shouso Strip, too.

I just found out about Ringo about a week ago, and this and Shouso Strip are amazing. Can you recommend me any albums similar to those?

Because it's japanese and the greatest albums of all time lists you've been reading are made by Westerners, who haven't listened to this. Shiina Ringo was never popular outside Japan unfortunately.

Great album. I can hear some OK Computer, some Vespertine and some Kid A in there, but it also has its own personality, with lots of traditional japanese instrumentation and Shiina's peculiar vocals.

She sucks now though.

Unfortunately, I've found nothing close to those two albums so far (after several years of listening to Japanese music). There is Tokyo Jihen, that's still Sheena (with guitars), but I like it less to be honest (this song is legendary though: youtube.com/watch?v=gD2mhJ3ByGQ), and Seiko Oomori, that's clearly a Ringo's fan but much more j-poppy.

You forgot Jazz influences all over the place.
And yes, she kinda sucks now.

> that's
who is

>Why has no one told me about this album?
We're not your fucking couriers faggot do your own leg work

>someone like Radiohead or Bjork

That's my favorite album ever, and Odaiji ni is the most beautiful song i've ever heard.
Listen to Shoso Strip too, btw she has a band called Tokyo Jihen.

her first album is pretty sweet too

This, that album deserves more love desu

All three of them. Kalk Samen is great enough to be included in every essential 00s albums chart, along with Kid A and Vespertine, but alas it's not American or British.

True, this makes me think that there is a world of non English music out there that are just as good or better than a lot of western records of success.
Sadly the language barrier exists, and you won't get much from certain genres, like folk.

it's not that good christ simmer down

>Not even on Sup Forums
SHOCK
HORROR
Sup Forums DOESN'T TALK ABOUT A GOOD ALBUM
STOP THE PRESSES

Than again, they have a pretty high rating on rym, amazon and other places, which means it's not completely overlooked, same for other countries with highly rated relatively obscure albums.
Btw, check out Ichiko Aoba (0 and 0%) if you want superb Japanese folk.

It is you bitch.

listen to it more
the novelty wears off quickly

Nah man I've been listening to this album a lot of times since a couple of years and I still love it. I can't say the same thing about Radiohead or Björk, for example.

Yeah, I noticed that people in places like rym tend to love more obscure albums, but that's mostly because it's a place for music enthusiasts/nerd i guess.
Thanks, i'll check Ichiko Aoba, i may or may not have read that name here before.

well it's the opposite for me.
fair enough, i shouldn't have been so rude about it
maybe it will grow on me again

vocaroo.com/i/s0iIucjmC8oE

Don't worry user, it's just a matter of taste I think. I get a bit agressive when defending that album because I love it a lot.

sort yourself out you autistic weirdo

Thought of it as pretty boring the first few times (except the 1st, the last and odaiji ni), but it's been growing exponentially on me year after year. The amount of details is mind-blowing as well as the fact she recorded anything (!) herself in her apartment. Give it another chance, definitely.

China Ringo is just another japanese pop singer. The only reason you cucks pretend to think this is experimental is because is "obscure" in the west. At least try singers that don't have mainstream appeal in japan.

Does the last song just abruptly end?

This user is very, very delusional and afraid to appreciate anything not from the west. Don't listen to him.

Yup.

>

Because you either have to dig through the archive or slsk to find it

Yo someone post a FLAC of this shit.

Thanks for posting this, the album is fucking great.

I found FLAC on the archive. rbt.asia/mu/thread/74143542/#74200504

Why are all her other albums so boring?

Didn't those 3 albums come out before this? Which means Ringo might have been influenced by them.

seiko oomori is another fairly interesting jpop artist but no where near as good as shiina