Is KPOP a big or small subculture in Mexico and South America?

youtu.be/WtXsMcmzbOw

youtu.be/8Bi6ctgoe7w

How is that despite Latino culture being very machismo culture in which men are supposed to be 'tough' and 'manly,' some Latinas fall for these effeminate looking Korean guys?

>effeminate
yes here is manly handsome white man

Because not everyone in Latin America is a retarded right winger?

soy coreana

HAHA AMERICA BTFO FPBP

Is KPOP actually a recognized subculture in Mexico? Hard to imagine when Korea and Mexico almost have no relationships at all

>all latin americans are machismo into hardcore shit like how american whites are into nigger rap

why do you assume this? ricky martin is openly gay and still one of the more popular musicians for example.

Yeah, I'm from a small town in Michoacan and there was a girl who liked kpop in my high school class.

was she qt though?
most kpop fan girls are ugly or awkward af
kek

no, she was kinda ugly t b h

>most kpop fan girls are ugly
proof is from your brain?

kpop, kdramas, anime, and japanese culture is huge right now

if you are asian and not slaying pussy right now something is seriously wrong with you. all it takes is holding up a simple conversation and you are in

Kpop is popular with girls

>kpop, koreans
>all asians

they look very different imo. our korean students here you can tell apart instantly from the chinese students.

i only want a kgf like momma taught me. it's a struggle when none are around

>machismo
>homosexuality
>implying they are mutually exclusive

I haven't hear much about it in this country.

The only thing I remember about it is that LG sponsored a related event some years ago and that it was publicized on the radio, but I don't know what was the outcome of that.

I was also shocked to learn that a female cousin I've never dealt with likes it. But again, I live in a small city and her family lives in a big, poisonous shithole (medellin), so things may be different to how they are here, in that regard.

The same goes for j-poop and j-cartoons. Some retarded wapanese tried to open a "maid-cafe" here a few years ago but, thank God, they failed miserably and went bankrupt in no time. I only saw that fucking place open during a couple of months. Again, big shitholes (medellin and bogota) may be only places they may find solace, since they're inhabited my millions, so there may be a few individuals alike.

I'd suck late 90's Ricky Martin's dick so hard and I'm not even gay

it's kind of true, they are plain jane supply teacher looking girls at best. they are also retarded. I saw one kpop fangirl call a white model racist for wearing traditional korean clothing in a shoot, then in her next post praise a mural of Rihanna wearing the same clothing, saying she looked beautiful.

>they are plain jane supply teacher looking girls at best
>tfw all model-tier whites are into blacks

One of Colombian's main TV channels also tried it's luck by broadcasting Korean soap operas but people didn't like them so they stopped.

As for japanese soap operas, Bogota's public TV station broadcasted them during a period of time, but I guess they also crashed and burned.

Is your cousin hot?

It's just a passing trend. It will go away eventually.

So instead you guys watch shit TV shows like Colombian version of Breaking Bad?

I think shit like this is starting to grow now that the internet is more widely accessible

I remember going to a quinceanera in a rancho where her theme was anime or some shit, pretty sure she dressed up as sailor moon at one point

No

Just the casual crap, none of that weird ass events or shit. Japanese culture is much more widespread though, nobody cares about koreans here

Yes, and Turkish soap operas.

They are widely popular only because they are not as dumb and saccharine as your typical Asian soap opera. In other words, it's because they resemble more what people are accustomed to watch.

Weird male teens like anime
Weird male girls like K-Pop

K-Pop only applies to teens, while anime has been around for much longer. Older generations probably have no idea K-Pop even exists; it doesn't show up on T.V., it doesn't show up on the radio, etc., son only weird teen girls (the betas of girls) know about it.

Also, Korean immigration to Mexico, while it's still incredibly small, so it's basically a meme to talk about it (only in the couple of thousands), has been growing in Mexico in the last 5 years, from only around 300 hundred to almost 5000.

its just a fad

Korean bands come to Mexico (and Latin America in general, but mainly Brazil and Mexico) all the time from what I can gather from twitter when I'm searching for news about this place.