youtube.com/watch?v=ECn7TSA7Poc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3bNITQR4Uso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

obviously. kpop is just a tv show

How is this even a question?

no
youtube.com/watch?v=R52yewQHeCM

Jpop is for weeaboos and pedophiles

they're both indoctrination tools to instill the image of what a "proper" woman should look and act like and to make the country more palatable to Westerners but at least j-pop has fun while doing it

Kpop is for people who care more about the looks of the artists than the actual music.

They're not comparable.
Korean music doesn't have anything going for it behind the idol groups.
Japan is more than just idols.

I bet at least some of them like the americanized pop with korean vocals to some extent. I guess.

j-pop has less plastic looking and qtr girls/music.

Yeah but they've got fucked up teeth half of the time

Yes, j-anything>k-anything. Korea is just a discount Nihon

loona is better than jpop.

Sure thing, user.

fuck everything about jpop

Don't get angry, kpop guy. You have your containment thread to sperg out.

>that one guy is back trying to force his dead music genre
sad
go circlejerk on /jp/

>tfw music thread on /jp/ 404'd
Anyway, /jp/ isn't too different from kpg in that most of them only care about idolshit.
But there were some good jmusic threads every now and then.

twitter.com/twiceology/status/882408357126037505

I don't know, from what I've heard J pop definitely is more unique genre than K pop.
K pop sounds like eurobeat with weird sequences, J pop blends a ton of genres into one. That's all.

lies

JPop has been dead for years , dude. It's time to move on

this. it's kpop that's conquering the world, going stronger and stronger

>eurobeat
Maybe older Kpop.
Modern Kpop is literally american pop with korean lyrics.

Well, it better be popular. After all, the south korean government spends a lot of money into spreading that shit worldwide.

>implying

>spends millions upon millions of dollars on plastic surgery for thousands and thousdans of boys and girls
>a single 80s Jpop song is more listened than all your shit combined

Korean government must feel cucked right now.

it's true though
>Government initiatives to expand the popularity of K-pop are mostly undertaken by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, which is responsible for the worldwide establishment of Korean Cultural Centers. South Korean embassies and consulates have also organized K-pop concerts outside the country

Oh the "JPOP>KPOP" guy is back. Wait, I mean he was always here. He always sticks around kpg even though no one ever gives him attention, because he has nowhere else to go. He seems really insecure.

>kpop is bad because a government exists
you do realize the governments of many countries do this? you just care about this particular government because you're afraid of kpop

>from what I've heard
The only exception I know is Wonder Girls, their REBOOT album sounded like Carly Rae Jepsen but still not quite yet. I don't know really, but a lot of korean shit I've heard sounds too basic for pop music.

CPOP is better than both

>too basic for pop music.
get off your ivory tower

get the fuck out

Mandarin sounds bad. Tonal languages sound bad in general. I don't see CPOP ever getting popular outside China and SEA countries that have a large Chinese population like Malaysia.

Yeah of course. How much do you see the kpop threads actually talking about the music?

Jpop has waifus too, but the music is often actually good.

>you're afraid of kpop
Hahahaha

kpop threads are the most active threads on mu so I would say that kpop is the best music genre ever

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=rBX5YGPNDbs

>song from 10 years ago
lol. jpop is shit now

Really? That sucks, but i wouldn't know, I don't really listen to much j-pop at all, i just like this album a lot.

He's one of those socially secluded types that piggybacks onto others to make up for the lack of self worth in himself. Which is why he always needs to constantly point out that JPOP is better than KPOP or whatever, because his own self worth is completely tied to his interest in JPOP and Japanese things in general. So the massive decline in JPOP is making him lose his sense of self-importance. Kinda sad, but people like that aren't too uncommon.

it's a good album

>the Chinese can't sin-

idk who she is but she's unironically more beautiful than most kpop idols. those plastic bitches

She's ourgirl from TWICE who got bullied by commie China
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rp71XVww5kU

>Tzuyu can sing
user...

She's Taiwanese you commie scum.

Would anyone be okay with like a /ystk/ general or something? Perfume, Kyary, Capsule, and such. I know there's a Perfume General on /jp/ but all it ever is is guys saying how much they wanna fuck the girls.

I almost never see people on Sup Forums mention aforementioned groups/artists though. Probably would never have enough traction to latch on.

You mean the Republic of China?

J-pop has tons of Americanized (still less than K-pop, because it's targeted solely at Japanese, so it's still remain quite unique) shitty idols as well as genius artists like Sheena Ringo, Nakata Yasukata, even Etsuko Yakushimaru is very original.
What does Korea have?

what do you think of Hako Yamasaki?

Nothing really, I haven't listened to her. Is she any good?

ok you make it

Make it.

I really like some of her works, I used to listen to "Help me" and "Wandering" last summer while I was waiting for the sunrise so she reminds me of those times

Here I made it

just kidding i don't care about your shitty general

lol

they both are desu

Pwned

Citypop>anything else

shibuya-key >>>>>>>>>>>> shitty pop

This guy gets it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ECn7TSA7Poc

>Not posting the best one
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3bNITQR4Uso

this guy fucking gets it

I've no idea what the fuck is the difference

Who's this qtie

K-pop s good, jpop is trash

how do you not know who Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is

Oldfag here. Jpop used to be good. Morning Musume and the 48 groups ruined it. Sadly, jpop can never go back to the way it used to be because the 48 groups are so profitable and the target audience changed to cater to otakus... Same with anime desu

Obviously.
Get the FUCK off my board, K-fucks! REEEEEEEE