2. DJ LeMahieu (R) 2B
3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
4. Mark Reynolds (R) 1B
5. Gerardo Parra (L) LF
6. Trevor Story (R) SS
7. Carlos Gonzalez (L) RF
8. Ryan Hanigan (R) C
9. Tyler Chatwood (R) P

oh boy i can't wait for the mets to lose AGAIN!

So that's what infield defense looks like

mets on no-hitter watch

Amed Roario is better than Honus Wagner

literally Rey Ordonez

Please get no hit tonight. This team needs an annual no hitter to show how bad this hitting is, even with Bruce

>this mets team against the dodgers
wew

I swear they'll fucking turn it around and kick the shit out of darvish

based

wow flexen fucking sucks.

The shitty of our pitching

>the Mets farm is so bad that we had to call up this shithead from AA when Wheeler died

here comes the pain again

Flexen is not a future starting pitcher. He's a future middle relief guy at best.
Peterson and Molina are way better hopes. Also Dunn if he unJUSTS himself

Coors is where pitchers go to die

I wish Szapucki didn't die, would have loved to see him up here instead of this faggot

Dunn might be good, maybe Peterson. Just sucks that we had so much minor league pitching talent, called them all up, and now half of them are terrible

We unironically traded our top performing minor league pitcher this year for AJ Ramos though

pitchers should kill umpires more often

it would be good for the game

Man, fuck that trade. Gonzalez was what, like our 9th overall prospect? There was literally no reason to trade for Ramos when we have 0 chance of contending this year. Sandy had an awful deadline this year

I would have preferred to trade Andres Gimenez. Why did they have to trade Merandy in the fucking division?

Why trade for Ramos at all? He's overrated imo, and it's not like we didn't get a bunch of relievers back in the Reed trade anyway. Let some other team overpay for him, and we could always have tried to resign Reed anyway. Felt like Sandy panicked about not making enough moves

He did one thing right: trading for minor league relief pitching. The Ramos trade seemed dumb though.

I liked the Reed trade, and I was okay with the Duda trade if that was seriously the best offer for him (kind of feel like it wasn't, but what do I know). Actually GIVING up assets in this shitshow of a season is so fucking dumb, especially something like starting pitching which we are so strapped for right now.

Sandy and Terry are gone at the end of September if digits.

Those count as digits imo

>it's a no hitter broken by a poorly fielded infield single episode

not to say a no hitter is in the making in the 4th, 5th, 6th, or even 7th inning but you hate to see potential greatness thwarted by such a mediocre outcome.

better than that time deGrom lost his no-no when Grandy couldn't find a fly ball

Fuck off Cespedes

close enough for me.

>tfw NL MVP

Reasons to live: Jay Bruce

>>It's going to be a couple hard years ahead isn't?

ALSO BRUUUUCE.
Are they saying boo or BRUUU-CE

big bruce

We can still finish with a top 5 draft pick next year. We won't finish worse than the reds, giants, phillies, and white sox though.

the Mets actually suck at drafting though

I would say the Mets are mediocre at drafting. Not as bad as a team like the Memeiners. The Confy pick was based.

Who can beat a Philadelphia team at being awful, honestly?

I think being better than the Mariners at drafting is like being better than a cripple at walking. I'd say Mets are in the bottom third of drafting; how many of our starters, pitching or otherwise, this year are homegrown and actually performing?

Not many. Mets need a much better scouting.

Plawecki is elite

They had a brief renaissance of pitching with guys like Harvey, Matz, deGrom, and Fulmer, but our position player scouting has been horrible forever. Conforto is the first star-quality hitter we've developed since Wright.

Hopefully the two big international players we signed this year turn out good. Both are position players.

didn't we pass on seager and bellinger?

>since Wright

since Murphy

We drafted Gavin "the definition of mediocre" Cecchini over Seager, yeah. Bellinger was a 4th rounder so everyone passed over him.
Murphy was never a star with the Mets, outside of 3 weeks in October.

It's not really about who you pass on. It's about who you take. I could forgive passing on Seager if the Mets didn't take a complete bust like Cecchini.

>h-he's fast!

that fan shitting his pants right now

>I still miss him

But he's still a player we developed that is now an elite hitter

Mad, cuckies?

That's like saying the Mets "developed" Justin Turner though. Murph was a career .280 hitter on the Mets

Seems like he's an elite hitter in spite of his time with the mets not because of it

Angel Pagan.

But we drafted murph, he was completely developed by us, he just didn't do that well until the very end of his tenure with us

I believe the Orioles drafted turner, we did not develop him

They DFA'd him after like 20 games. The Mets had Turner for 3 years, he was shit, and then he went to the Dodgers and was good. I don't give the Mets credit for that, just like I don't give them credit for Murphy challenging for the batting title every year now.

But we actually scouted and drafted and developed Murphy completely. You can't say the organization didn't correctly identify a potential elite batter in murph. Not to mention he credits Long's approach for a lot of his current success and has tried to spread his ideas with his new friends

We didn't develop Turner so that's not even relevant

terry's gone either way. dunno bout sandy.

mets coming back and giving us hope.

Salas up in the pen, abandon all hope

based

WEW LAD

BASED CESPEDES

cespedes needs to work on those launch angles t b h

>

GRANDYYYYMAN

blackmon should've robbed that one like austin

YES, GOOD GOY, TRADE FOR BRUCE AND GRANDERSON ON WAIVERS

GRANDY

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YES!!!!!!!!