What Movie Albums Would Be

Pic related is Blue Velvet or pretty much any Lynch movie

Other urls found in this thread:

google.be/search?q=andrei rublev&safe=off&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiw_-bLwdjYAhXMI1AKHac-DeIQ_AUICigB&biw=1536&bih=684
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you should really watch more movies before starting threads like this

What would soundtracks be then if not a David Lynch movie since you're such a fucking genius

something much more massive and contemplative than Lynch would make sense, more like Dekalog or Stalker

Nah, I’d say The Shining. It’s dark, atmospheric, aesthetically beautiful, and deals with themes of insanity and betrayal.

The Doors (1967)-Apocalypse Now.

I Stand Alone by Gaspar Noé is Swans' discography before Children of God (EPs, singles and live albums included).

I can totally see why people would compare SFTB to Lynch films like Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire. But Blue Velvet? Really?
I haven't seen Dekalog but Stalker is a good choice too.

Tom Waits’ Blue Valentine-Blue Valentine

I picked Blue Velvet specifically because of the themes of sexual violence that seem to run through both Soundtracks and Blue Velvet

A Clockwork Orange

Friday (1995)

kek

I'd say pic related is "It's Such a Beautiful Day"

bump

this

Whitehouse's discography

Pacific Rim

kek

As a huge lynch and swans fan I have to agree that they don't really match. Nothing lynch has made really meets the grandiose depravity of swans music. Lynch is more about just creeping you out with shit that seems familiar but still somewhat nonsensical and otherworldly.

Begotten

>implying shitty rock music is comparable to stalker

Persona

>Dekalog
I just downloaded this. Hoping it's good.

what movie is this

Mulholland Dr.
I'm sure someone will have a better idea

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band: the Movie

>that 45 minute scene of someone dragging a corpse through the desert

Eraserhead

It's funny that you compare your middlebrow popular music to actual masterpieces of cinema.

Valhalla Rising

Mulholland is too dream-like, maybe Holy Mountain

maybe Le Chien Andalou or some dada film like Ballet mécanique?

sftb is so fucking overrated
what a pile of gaudy shit

I agree with this one

Bergman's The Virgin Spring

this, i swear to god Sup Forums is full of retards

>tfw no dark, space-y film set in a bleak scandinavian winter landscape with Filosofem as the soundtrack to watch while being comfy

Life is suffering

Sandy Ding's Night Awake

OP I think this can be SFTB

Un homme qui dort

Hellraiser

Salem's Lot.

Twins

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I NEED THIS NOW

ehhh The Revenant?

Not dark/obscure enough

Under the Skin, kind of

btw if you like wintry ice tundra stuff you might like this album
kind of makes me think of those ice planets in Star Wars

Valhalla Rising.

Oh I think I know what can go well with Filosofem
Not Scandinavian, but Russian
Also, not pagan, but Christian (without being preachy)
But it has medieval setting and is sometimes wintry, and there are some pagans on some scenes

Andrei Rublev

Absolutely FANTASTIC film. Immense both production-wise and length-wise. It's a little challenging to get through if you're not into art sort of film

google.be/search?q=andrei rublev&safe=off&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiw_-bLwdjYAhXMI1AKHac-DeIQ_AUICigB&biw=1536&bih=684

And if you like those, watch and The Seventh Seal by Ingmar Bergam. Both medieval, both fantastic, pretty somber films. Much easier to watch than Andrei Rublev.

you are like little baby
watch this

It's clearly Inland Empire. Blue Velvet is too small scale, maybe something closer to Swans' earlier work, whereas IE conveys the same sense of falling into a nightmare that Soundtracks does.

Hard to be God

sounds interesting

Nah, Threads is either pic related or Yanqui U.X.O.

The Terrorizers

Could also be this now that I think of it

La passion de Jeanne d'Arc (1928)

Scott Walker's The Drift is the Inland Empire of music

Nope. Only one track fits.

Apocalypse Now could be this

Un Lac (2008)

Swiss Army Man

>Ballet Mécanique
I'd agree with this

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Blade Runner 2049

Either/ Or
and Good Will Hunting

What's the music equivalent of this?

Something psychedelic, urban and sexual, and maybe also introspective and slightly disturbing.

Loveless minus the introspective and disturbing part

Andrei Rublev is really nothing like any metal album at all

My pick would be Grouper's Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill

A film starring Hall & Oates set on a cruise ship with Donna Summer playing the woman of interest. Competition for her love nearly tears them apart, but they soon find out she and her accomplice, played by Paul McCartney, are plotting to sink the ship! Also, Al Green is the ships' resident crooner.

>My pick would be Grouper's Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill
One of my favorite albums
Yeah it goes well with the movie I guess