Why do these two hate each other?

why do these two hate each other?

Anytime you have two people with strong individual creative impulses working together things can get messy. Tillman was relegated to a purely functional role in Fleet Foxes and even though he seemed to be accepting of it I can't imagine he fulfilled it gleefully. Their approaches to songwriting/personalities seem to be polar opposites too, and while that doesn't necessarily hint towards personal contention it does suggest a difference in values.

Also I know he dated Robin's sister for a while. Not to be too gossipy but I imagine that could have created some bad blood if things did not end well.

Also this is just my own opinion but though I like him, Tillman isn't half the songwriter that Pecknold is and I feel like they would both recognize that.

tillman's ego wouldn't tolerate being "just the drummer"

Virgin Josh vs Chad Robin

Literally everything about them suggests the opposite.

>Implying Robin would ever be considered a Chad

>Tillman isn't half the songwriter that Pecknold is
*was

Robin peaked with Helplessness Blues. Also, have you seen FF live? He can't even sing as well anymore. Crack-Up is still good though, I just prefer FJM's work post-HB.

Open your fucking eyes, you idiot. As said, literally everything about them suggests the opposite. Not to mention that Instagram post Robin made about how he supports women and how men are "corny". I would try to find it but knowing Robin, he probably deleted the post as he always does. Also, someone reversed searched the image that he posted alongside the post and I shit you not, the Google search said:

>Best guess for this image: cuck

t. josh

I have seen them live, I know he was having some vocal troubles on this most recent tour but he still sounded great.

And it's funny that you bring that up because I honestly think the exact opposite. Prior to Crack-Up and Pure Comedy I viewed them pretty equally but hearing those two records side by side has convinced me that Robin is just on a level. Certainly on a compositional/melodic standpoint (though I think that's always been obvious) but now even on a lyrical one. If literally anybody other than Tillman were singing his songs they would sound like obnoxious drivel. To some they already do, but imo he has enough personality and self awareness to pull it off but they're not particularly good on their own.

you wish

*on a different level

I think you value rock/folk over pop, which Tillman has always leaned towards.

this

but they don't hate each other so much they just stopped to be friends

*on another ocean

I should have worded my post better, I meant why does Robin hate Josh, not them hating each other. If I remember correctly Robin has indicated scorn towards him before though.

I guess you could view them on separate terms like that but idk. Clearly Tillman is a better "pop" singer/songwriter but I think that's just an attempt to forgive/elevate facility or accessibility over complexity so idk. I mean Fleet Foxes is not particularly challenging music in the first place so that seems kind of hollow to me but whatever.

Yeah I've noticed that too, Josh has actually said some really nice things about Crack-Up. Again I don't really want to gossip but I imagine there was some kind of private personal element to it all that we obviously wouldn't know.

I think the first poster got it. I didn't even know he dated Robin's sister.

I don't know the other guy but I can easily understand why someone would hate Josh.

>I don't know the other guy
Yeah and I'd bet my entire life savings that you don't know Josh either

So he doesn't really think all that shit he says in his lyrics?

I remember reading in an interview where Robin said a big reason he took time off was because he wasn't really certain the songs he had written were good enough to record and make a full record out of and he wasn't getting anywhere with them. I think Josh leaving the band put them in an awkward place, which most likely contributed to that writer's block. I think he still sort of holds it against him.

do you know what a concept album is?

Kek i asked him himself. He kinda acted like a cunt about it.. I could never stand FJM. But to be honest I even grew out of Fleet Foxes after a while

Implying his concept is to play a character who is cynical and judgemental even about himself, but he doesn't actually think or feel those things?

Because FJM is a talentless hack.

Go to bed, Robin

so the answer is no

Oviously, answer my question.

You already answered my question. We can't discuss anything further if you can't understand a simple concept.

One that you're wrong about and can't defend.

@77450598
keep proving my point

>@

hello newfag

I definitely think Robin is a better songwriter, from both a composition, straight music theory level and an emotional level. However, both of them make pretty different music and it's kind of hard to compare them from that aspect. Robin also seems to be a genuinely better human being. FJM is openly an asshole, and that's something that's kind of turned me off to him, just a little though. Like a friend you had who made fun of you and it kind of hurt your feelings but you were still friends with him because he was funny. Idk i probably sound like a fag. I like both of their discographies.

>FJM is openly an asshole
proof? He's responded to some people cynically but that doesn't make him "openly an asshole".

I also like both of their discographies. I think they're both equal, but in their respective fields. Although, I wasn't too big on Crack-Up but I did really like parts of it. Definitely a good return. I have a feeling the next record will be a lot better.

fell for my bait

>Speaking as a Straight White Male music listener, I'd say, generally speaking, that the Straight White Male is the last voice of "cultural relevance” that I'm actively looking to, or sympathetic to, in this particular cultural moment. Just, who cares, you know? This obviously creates a problem for the Straight White Male artist who still desires to make relevant art - do you attempt to gentrify the landscape, White Savior yourself, and demand through inference or testimony that your voice is that of a leader for these times, when your phenotype is culturally inert if not malignant, and that even presuming to have something genuinely important to add is arguably an invocation of privilege? This approach seems like a fool’s errand to me. I instead mostly took the tack that I was using my particular set of cultivated talents to make a Use Object, something useful, a balm, something experientially or aesthetically moving, a reprieve. If you think I should be trying to muscle my way into a position of cultural relevance that I don't deserve, in a culture that is currently filled with far more interesting and sympathetic perspectives than that of the Straight White Male, then I can't really help you, because I am a little too self aware to have tried to do that. I can still comfortably and with a clear conscience make music that is beautiful and useful to people who are receptive, but I don’t do so from a sage-like position at all. You obviously care enough about music to place musicians in positions of veneration, and I do too, but I’m sooner doing so with Frank and Kendrick and Solange at the moment than I am with any straight white male artist currently in the landscape, and obviously (duh) I’m not alone in that, as they are enormously successful, beloved, and influential artists.

regardless, he's still a cuck

also he wears yoga pants

If this is you you're arguing with the wrong guy now, but I checked out an interview and he says "I was very pretentious from a very young age." and he mentions he was very cynical about something a few times.

Also,
"If I'm going to really be personal then I have to say ugly, messy things in my music to include the whole picture"

"I don't aim directly for irony..I think that sometimes it comes off as irony cause for me, uh, I think a lot of the things that people take really seriously are comic"(thus even the title Pure Comedy is not a concept or a charcter or irony)

"lyrics...are so specific to me and my experiences"

so now you understand

>can't post an argument
No, you are a troll in denial.

Literally nothing about that paragraph is wrong. He's basically just saying he doesn't care about the cultural relevance of his own art and that there are other voices that are already more relevant than his anyways.That's literally the exact opposite of a big chunk of the left who think that anything not tediously speaking to modern socio-political issues is regressive.

t. Straight White Male

>argument
and here I thought you had it for a second

ego?