Quitting music

Have you ever felt the need to quit music, because it interfered with your Life?

I need to quit listening to psychedelic rock and Krautrock, i´m melanchonic 24/7 and as a result extremely unproductive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HWMpp7usBuM&t=3971s
youtube.com/watch?v=HOlAElConTw
youtube.com/watch?v=gv1N3R2L8T4
youtube.com/watch?v=vANx-v9N0Co
youtube.com/watch?v=wKBe45AiLBg
praxisnova.bandcamp.com/album/coimbra-em-can-es
twitter.com/AnonBabble

recommend me some krautrock, i know nothing of this genre outside of Neu!

not OP but here

I dont know shit about krautrock but Can or Faust seem like popular krautrock groups on Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=HWMpp7usBuM&t=3971s
this one is pretty cool, has a very experimental vibe to it and the songs are pretty diverse.

youtube.com/watch?v=HOlAElConTw
this is almost noice but it has great drums and bass

Thanks!
I'll check them out

I basically just posted my favorite krautrock album, but I figure you might want something more akin to NEU! since you're familiar with them.
Pic related has that sort of long tracks with nothing but a groove.
There's also CAN, Tago Mago and Ege Bamyasi also have that style of minimalist repetitions but are more bonkers psychedelia about it. Future Days is more "chill watery jamz" so if you like Fishmans then you should listen to that first.
More in the line of electronics, I recommend Manuel Gottsching's E2-E4 which honestly if you like Hallogallo you will love this album.

Yes I stopped listening to almost all guitar music because of this

I stopped touring with a band that could have gone semi-far because it was destroying my relationship. It's alright though, I didn't like the band that much anyway.

Why do psychedelic music and krautrock soecific make you melancholy? These generally tend to be fun and energetic genres of rock music.

well i still love bands with guitars, where an organ is more in the foreground like the doors or the stranglers.
what do you listen to?

Our new bassist is better anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=gv1N3R2L8T4
youtube.com/watch?v=vANx-v9N0Co
youtube.com/watch?v=wKBe45AiLBg

i find that songs like these remind me on the fact, that no person, which i know personally, shares my feelings for this kind of music and don´t seems to see the same beauty in life generaly as i.
So i always have this wanderlust to people, which i don´t know.

listen to some fado insted
praxisnova.bandcamp.com/album/coimbra-em-can-es

kraut and psychedelic can be sad but it's nothing compared to Fado wich is so sad that it become uplifting

I quit listening to music actively because I developed ear issues and it just pisses me off now. I only go on this board for the nostalgia.

Damn, was my post pathetic-sounding enough for you to know I played bass?

listened to loud on headphones i suppose?
You don´t really need to listen to music loud, to appreciate it.
lmao

I really appreciate you calling him a bassist, very nice, good post

Yeah. I still put on music quietly over speakers sometimes but only folk where the lyrics matter. Range loss makes me feel like I'm missing out on too much msot of the time.

None of those songs are krautrock

Jesus Christ, grow a pair

Five years ago, after listening to Giles Corey's s/t, I starting writing my first and only suicide note (which in retrospect kind of sounds like one of those "hmmm today I will listen to some ___" exploitable comics, but it actually happened and I hate myself).