Does ur family know u make music? What do they think of it?

Does ur family know u make music? What do they think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kru5d1p6VxY
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Top 10 crossover episodes

>make pre-dubstep dnb mix
>Hey dad, listen to this
>I am proud of my wubs
>Dad starts laughing
>Get mad
>"Why the fuck are you laughing?"
>"Son, that's just a computer farting, you made fart music"

I denied it profusely, but in my heart I knew with great shame he told the truth.

my first couple attempts were rly shit i dont think my senpai liked it, but one day i was writing something when my dad came in and asked me how to play it, he didn't believe i wrote it at first so that's cool. looking back on it, i don't like it all that much but now i know i have some potential :)

SENPAI
good shit

I couldn't possibly tell my parents about my lengthy washing machine + bass recording that I did while high.

Can I hear it?

I'm a completely atonal retard with no sense of rhythm. I was playing some doodle that I liked on DADGAD like a cliche amateur piece of shit one time, and my French ex-broadcaster housemate came in and asked me whose song I was playing. Felt damn good.

Kek. This sounds like something I would end up doing in a year or so. I have all thios shitty music equipment that's outdated that I've picked up for free or was given from 40 year old musician friends. I keep talking about music but I would just do some field recording shit and mix it with distorted somethings.

My parents suck my dick when it comes to music. They like it and it annoys me. Ironic considering I make folky acoustic pop that I know everybody will like. I'm going to take that shit, parlay it into music nerd approval and use lolsorandom antics to gain a social media following. People like me, I'm magnetic, I wake up everyday knowing that I'm destined for big things.

Post your work plz

sounds like you're actually not amazing and they're just telling you nice things to not hurt your feelings, but you're too self-centered and narcissistic to realize it

>you call that singing?

i've only showed it to my cousin and brother
my brother dosen't really listen to the kind of music i make but sometimes he says my shit is good so...
my cousin told me my best work is weird music, but he likes the pentatonic beats i can shit out in 5 minutes

post and prove it

if u can't admit who u r post both ur work and the work of someone else u like so we cant tell which is u

btw if you make lowfi trap step shit, you’re not actually making anything normal humans consider music

I want to hear this, NOW.

>making music for anyone other than yourself
sad!

Niether of my parents understand the industry at all and my dad thinks im gonna just be a bar musivian my whoke life.

I didn’t even know I made music

you sound like you have a complex or two

My mom knows and I don't think she actually enjoys the music but she likes keeping up with what I'm doing so she always want to hear it. For christmas the last few years I've just given her demo cds of songs we haven't finished or shown anyone else yet

I jam with my dad sometimes. don't know what he thinks of my music really, but he's only said positive things

>go out on the balcony to have a smoke
>don't know what to play, I like to listen to music while I have my cigarette and coffee
>decide to play a new tune I made, test it out, look for mistakes I might've missed in the first gazillion times I've heard it
>mom walks in
>she's smoking and looking into her phone, not paying that much attention
>five minutes into the song she says
>"wtf is this shit user it's very depressing, people who listen to shit like this probably cut their wrists"
>"thanks mom, it's mine"
>"oh..."
Basically that.
I once made her cry because of a song I did. She was pretty pissed.

>tfw your dad says he thinks you're a better musician than he is
>dad i - i - i-

The only person in my family that knows I have been making music on my own for years is my brother; he enjoys some weird stuff so he likes what I make (Plunderphonics / Trip-hop / ambient stuff).

When I came to visit family this Christmas a local publication where I live did an article about me and my music and I was really excited but never ended up telling anyone but my brother.

I am super proud of my music I have put out but it is kind of hard for me to talk about or bring up to people, even old friends that also make music.
I always end up feeling like such an ass-hole when trying to explain what kind of music I make. I really only bring it up when I am hammered drunk and regret it in the morning.

this is why I don't share my music. My grandparents especially constantly ask if they can hear it but they're the type of people to watch a mildly sad movie and say "that was depressing" "made me want to slit my wrists" etc. For whatever reason I've noticed that boomers do not understand catharsis.

are you borderline

yea, and they don't get it. fucking plebs,all of them

>pretty cool user but we can't understand anything ur singing

I make punk/alt rock/midwest emo with my band my dad always brings up that he plays his music neatly and never makes a mistake and is very condescending when it comes to his skill despite the fact that I've literally never criticized his playing and he just plays ac/dc songs. I think my dad can't handle that i'm not trying to be the greatest guitarist ever and i'm just trying to make good music so he has to prove he is better than me at something. My mom just doesn't really understand music that isn't pop, she thinks chords and scales are the same thing.

Yes, but I rarely play anything for them. My mom has said it sounds effortlessly good though, which is the same thing my old guitar teacher said so I assume it's genuine.

that's hilarious.

youtube.com/watch?v=kru5d1p6VxY

here you go anons

Song of the century

Wasn't really trying to show her my music though, I don't expect my parents to understand what I do, and I don't blame them for it either, doesn't make them either smarter nor dumber for not "getting" it.
Still, I get ya.

I make shitty electronic music, some of my family knows this. I live in a fairly rural area. Therefore, they don't think I make music.

thank you dude, this is the first feedback that I've actually got on here

Keep making good ass music like that and i'll keep giving it gold stars

high on what? meth?

My family knows that I make music as a hobby, but they don't know that the music I make is DSBM. I don't think they would react well to it.

I got a multi effects processor and made a shitty drone track, complete with cliche nazi propaganda and tons of reverse delay. Recorded on my cell phone. I know its shit, but it felt cool as fuck to make something. Also im making chill beats to do homework to as a way to practice basic jazz chord progression. I only share this shit with my gf

I really want to make music for video games, even shit games would be fine, but I don’t want to do chiptune shit as its soulcrushing

appreciate ya

>Diploma of School Business Management?
Correct. It is a very niche genre.

Just showed my dad my latest song. He likes it.

:)

you did good.

Too scared of being judged to show anyone especially because I can't sing lmao