Americans are getting mad as hell about this film

>Americans are getting mad as hell about this film

Is your country getting mad about it?

Nobody's getting mad over that film.

Why are they getting mad about it?

is this film good?
>t. nolan die-hard fanboy here

Why?

I haven't heard anything about this film but if it some American exceptionalism bullshit then you can bet the younger generations won't be happy about it.

They're getting mad because they think it's a film trying to celebrate retreating.

People shitposting on 4chins does not equal getting mad.

They literally don't understand it

Didn't see it, but apparently they pretty much did as if the French troops didn't exist (yay the eternal anglo and his propaganda), which would tend to annoy French people

Idiots
The allies were being massacred, even the Soviets withdrew to the initial German advance
Also Americans were not involved that early into the war

Heard lots of outrage that the movie doesnt contain any women or diverse people

But I liked it!
Who is getting mad? A few false accounts on twitter?

Good

>Didn't see it

We can tell. The French are represented in the film, though surprisingly they're not the main focus seeing as it's a British film focusing on a British story.

>watching the cinematographic jew

no one is getting mad at it OP
but I did see an article about the French being pissed off that it "minimizes" their involvement

I didn't think the movie did that though

Yes a few thousand loud people is lots of outrage.

I didn't realise the film was from the German perspective

If the French don't like it they can make their own Dunkirk film, which I'm sure they already have. Which country has ever primarily focused on another nation in their popular media in terms of television and film? It just doesn't happen.

>mass retreat
>event that shaped our world
(lol

>France being annoyed that the film isn't about their most humiliating defeat ever
What do they want, a full hour dedicated to the Germans waltzing through the French defence like it doesn't exist? They should be grateful that the film is instead upon the retreat of the UK.

>americans

>the event that shaped our world
>the good guys lose

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAA

Yeah we have movies about the french resistance too, so I'm sure Dunkirk has been done too. Maybe they should make new one though?

>yet another ww2 movie my countrymen will praise into heaven

Lol

what does the name of that town sound dutch?
dunkirk... sounds like dirk nanninnga
do you guys remember dirk nanninga?

>event that shaped our world
I mean I understand they're trying to sell the movie, but the exaggeration does piss me off too.

the few speaking parts *were* hard to understand though
still i thought it was 10/10

I had no idea there were Dunkirk showings in Spanish. Either that or this is the usual false accounts on twitter.

It wasn't hard to understand at all though? Stop getting fooled by false twitter accounts.

>Over 100 RAF aircraft participated in the Battle/Evacuation of Dunkirk
>The movie makes it look like there were barely three.

For a major Hollywood movie with a budget of $150 million, that's frankly pathetic.

Yeah. I remember. Do I get a medal?

The part that annoys me the most is that the main character and the Harry Styles character look like total faggots

I wish we had seen Hawker Hurricanes too.

>Stop getting fooled by false twitter accounts.
thats some next level conspiracy.

I have several fake twitter accounts myself. It's an actual thing. False facebook and twitter accounts are nothing new.

I'm glad the evil Nazis lost again and the Anglos could preserve freedom for the world

whats wrong with you?

They didn't waltz through French Defences

They waltzed through the infamous non-country of Belgium

Moreover the exact same thing happened in the First World War except the second time the Germans moved fast enough to nullify the BEF and French Reserves set to mobilize to the Belgian border

Before I got a job, I was filled with boredom.

No, but Great Britain and France should won the nazis.

i don't know if it was just my theater but the sound mixing (when it came to dialogue) was terrible

That's Nolan for ya.

If the whole army had been lost at dunkirk we'd have probably made peace with the nazis then

The Brits fielded a larger army four years later.

It would have taken months if not years to train up the amount of men that could have been lost at Dunkirk, all that experience would have been killed or captured too.