/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

Playing classical guitar with a pick edition.

How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com
Suggested Practice Routine:
>i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png
Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Previously on /gg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s19zeqn3fuJ1
youtube.com/watch?v=mQ8Gtlu-PXI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for kon is shit.

I have pic related and hopefully a fuzz factory in a couple of days. What are your favorite fuzzboxes?

I can't decide which one I want.

>epi
you should not endorse slave labor

go with the tribute plus. you get gibson pickups, mallory caps, grover locking tuners and a hard shell case for ~$150 extra.

Please don't want this, it shows you have no taste.

Isn't that technically a instrument in itself? A eurorack noise generator pressed down into pedal form? I didn't really find a good guitar demo to check it out with.

Hey guys, I came up with a bassline

vocaroo.com/i/s19zeqn3fuJ1

what y'all think

You want pic related.

THE GUITAR OF THE FUTURE

Super cheap fuzz pedal but sounds great

You can use it like that, but to me it definitely seems more like an oscillating fuzz. It behaves kind of like the Fuzz Factory but obviously with way more control over the noise

What would be good taste? Teles are ugly as sin and I dont want another Strat style. It would be my second guitar as well, I feel its time to upgrade from my Squier.

This looks nice as well.

>epiphone

I'm not even this poor

there's so many more modern guitar companies that you can spend your money on then fender and gibson. at least try something more modern that doesn't make you look like a trailer dweller with a hard on for 70's nostalgia

>triggered hipster
why dont you just build your own guitar with wood from a tree you cut down yourself

I like the white, I personally don't like bright yellow/orange sunburst, I've always liked the darker more mellow finishes.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the guitars or your taste. LPs give a sound you can't get from other guitars. That said I sold mine because it was just too heavy. I played like 50% less when I had my Les Paul compared to my Strat, but thats just me.

Does that say Brony?

Mockingbird has a pretty nice shape. Warlock is just a fucking abomination.

nope it says Burny

Why do none of these anime girls wear shoes? God.

Damn, I really want to try one out now.

I'm confused, the people that usually get labeled hipster where I'm from are the clueless nostalgia addicts, not people advocating modern design. Or maybe most people just think hipster still is a relevant reference in 2018, protip: it's not

The symbol on the headstock even looks like a hoof and wing.

Lol fucking bronies. Slap a rainbow dash sticker on that puppy

lol

if it was brony guitar

the guitars on the website would be pinker and have the fur on a ZZ top guitar

>gold hardware

dont ever bring that shit around here again

get rekt, kid
you fucking mad?

It's perfect for a Brony like you

I know but I haven't found much anything else that appeals to me yet. Everything Ibanez makes looks off to me. That being said it will still probably be a month or two before I can afford anything decent.

I heard they start looking like shit real quick?

furry guitars, now we're talking. i'm tired of pressing the cold fender lacquer against my naked belly whilst reclined on the sofa midday

wat?

my squier jazzmaster is worth more just because of that

>jazzmaster style body without the floating tremolo
no thank you

where would I put rainbow dash then, dummy?

I just personally really dislike gold hardware, but real talk I own a Epiphone Les Paul studio, its a decent guitar, you're definitely going to want to get it set up at a local place, but mine played decent out of the box. If your set on these thats fine, its better to pay a little more for a guitar you want than getting a different one and regretting it. In saying that, I really recommend buying used if its your first guitar (or even a second) Its not some master piece guitar and much wont be lost second hand, get a nice used guitar for the same price or cheaper and get a proper set up, it will be much more worth it

in the trash

What should come next?

Dm - A - Db - ?

Will keep that in mind, thanks

If it's just design and not price or details that matter, feel free to google these:

Pure Salem Top Cat
Deusenberg Bonneville
Novo Serus J
Rivolta Combinata
Godin Empire
Deimel Firestar
Bilt El Hombre
Sandberg Forty Eight
Supro Westbury
Music Man St Vincent

…and about a thousand others

Emaj

>nothing but literally who guitars

I have a Sasori. Can get nice and brassy at times. I also like to run my guitar through the external sound input on my synth and overdrive. That gives a great fuzz sound also.

Meant to reply to this

I've been privileged enough to try most of those and the majority of them are really good instruments. Sorry for you if you live in a shitty city where there are no good guitar dealers

that must be a home setup thing that you drive it through a synth, right? i'm curious to try it but it wouldn't ever be a gigging solution

This is genius, and from what I can tell this is the only company that makes it.

>im a hipster poorfag who hangs out at chicago music exchange all day

dude, I don't even live in america, why would anyone want to do that?

To be honest 8/10 guitars you posted look janky as fuck, plus Bigsbys are ugly too

Anyone ever seen scum like this on their metal parts after long term storage in a case? Any idea how I can fix it?

bigsbys are impractical and shitty tremolos. ugly? very hard to say, most people get them because they're stupid and think they look "classy"

It's corrosion from sweat. You can clean it, but since it's eaten through the finish, it will just come back. Buy new parts and clean your shit before putting it away.

Ok, where else on gods gay earth did you try
Sandberg
Novo
Puresalem
Deimel
Bilt

does "as daylight dies" have the greatest riffs of any album?

floyd roses are a cry for help

Good thing that's not a Floyd Rose then.

look at the head

What does the head have to do with it?

The synth I'm using is an ms20 mini and all I need to do is use either an adaptor or a cable with normal jack at one end and a 3.5 mm jack at the other. Definitely not something I would gig with though. One hard tug on the cable and I'd be worried about damaging the synth.

Been learning this, figured I'd dump the sheet music, Townes Van Zandt - If I Needed You

youtube.com/watch?v=mQ8Gtlu-PXI

From the live version on Old Quarter, nice little tune and easy to sing for voicelets like me

it has floyd rose locking attachments. the other end is locked in place by being through the trem

But it doesn't have a Floyd Rose.

Who is Floyd Rose?

Pink Floyd's mom

yes it does

Sandberg: In the city I live
Novo: In the city I live
Puresalem: One of them that I haven't tried. I've borrowed a Guild T-bird which is a similar body shape though. I'm not gonna lie, I don't know the build quality of the Puresalem guitars but I've heard good stuff
Bilt: Haven't tried that model in particular but same shop that had the Novo had another Bilt (Volare) so I feel like I can vouch for that they're not totally shit
Deimel: Haven't tried. Looking forward to get my hands on.

Since you asked we might as well just burn through the others as well: Godin (on a trip to London), Supro (where I live), Musicman (on a trip to London), Rivolta (where I live), Deusenberg (where I live).

Did I miss any?

Are you a foreigner?

I can guarantee you that it does not

yeah it does cuck, what are you gonna do about it? cry?

I don't live in america, if that's what you mean

Your new is showing

boi that's a Kahler tremolo Floyds have a little scoop at the bottom for the bridge to move kahler's don't.

One of my frets suddenly has a chip in it and my strings are getting caught on it when I bend. What should I do?

what about when you play it normally, does it work then?

nice

one of the greats

yes, only have issues when bending on that fret

Stop using inneficient picking motions

then there is your answer :) :) :)

You're bad at this

Lightly sand that fret with fine sandpaper, then polish

just got pic related (very good pedal) and strymon recommends that it be run with a ~250 mha but i only have one single 200 mha outlet left on my pedal power platform. can i power it on that output or will it break down or not function properly. i'd hate to buy a new power supply but i guess i might have to

How quickly do your guys strings get discolored and grimy feeling playing every day? Using Ernie Ball 9s if that makes any difference.

I think there is nothing more boring than listening to an isolated bass track, faggot

is 100 grit fine enough? thats all i have in the house atm

Sounds good man

You might have autism

no

Says the guy who has a hundred stacked little Caesar boxes in his tree house. Go ask mommy to make you some chicken nuggies

>is 100 grit fine
you need like 1000+

ive never used sandpaper in my life. the only reason i have the 100 grit is the people in the house before me left it

I'm still on the same factory strings for 9 months. Still sound bright but I am using lipsticks.

I can make my own chicken nuggies, but why would I when Tendies are so much better?

He's a bass player so yeah most of his recordings would obviously be just bass. Why would he put a bunch of other noise in there so we can't hear him?

cool. what guitar?

I change them once a month, whether they need it or not

Its nice

You might fry your powersupply

This

I've had flatwounds on for almost a year now and they have zero discolouration. With roundwounds it's far less time