I CAN NOT REMEMBER THE NAME OF THAT SONG

So I posted this really late last night, and didn't really get any replies, but it's still on my mind, so I'll post it again.

I'm asking here because I think I might be losing my mind, but I seriously need help recalling this song Sup Forums....I know it's some late-night pop hit that plays on rock/alternative stations, but I can't for the life of me recollect anything "signature" about it except for a background chorus instrumentation of a sort of echoey, somewhat distorted "hohohohoo-oo". Had that typical new-pop vibe of being a backing track "effect" vocalization with a bit of reverb, and given a sort of....down-sampling?

The song itself had a really sub-dued vibe like a typical indie band, everything was down tempo, very synthy as I recall, and I THINK (not completely sure) the singer in the song (not the specific part I'm referring to from the previous paragraph) was a male vocalist? God I wish I had more to go on...I'm pretty sure it was a pop hit, or a sleeper hit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZ1pHmWhIuY
youtube.com/watch?v=GCdwKhTtNNw
youtube.com/watch?v=pokXRs_xdeU
youtube.com/watch?v=P_SlAzsXa7E
youtube.com/watch?v=aWmWSjJqlEg
youtube.com/watch?v=tMt_YXr90AM
youtube.com/watch?v=dX3k_QDnzHE
youtube.com/watch?v=iUkXe0bRjsg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what genre

Chief Keef - Faneto

Not sure, it sounded like somber sort of indie music. Like MGMT, or Arctic Monkey's, but their slower more depressing songs.

Maybe The XX?

youtube.com/watch?v=AZ1pHmWhIuY

COK STIFFY PANTS FULL OF SHITTY
BIPPY GOT THAT PANTS SHITTY
UH UH

is it young folks by peter bjork and john or salvia path

Close, but and I see what you're going for with the vocals at around 3:20, but it's a very close cascading "hohohohoo"

That song, it's more like "hahhhh ahhhh ahhh ahhh"

Neither of those songs. Like I said with this song
It's a single phrase the part I'm referring to, and it's almost like a bridge between verses.

youtube.com/watch?v=GCdwKhTtNNw

This one maybe? Might not be synth heavy enough though

kek

Whats up with this dude's hand?

its inside out

Close, but again, the part that bridges the verses, it's not by the actual singer, it's like a third party, and it's slightly faster than the way he does it in that, but the song sounds kinda similar.

In fact, I think the song starts with that phrase after a short build-up, and then the actual singer/artist starts after that, and then when the song's starting to end, the singer phades out, and those "bridge" phrases sort of linger on periodically throughout the song.

youtube.com/watch?v=pokXRs_xdeU

?

Reminds me of a Gorillaz song...I'll be back later to see if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Alright here are my last guesses, best of luck OP

youtube.com/watch?v=P_SlAzsXa7E
youtube.com/watch?v=aWmWSjJqlEg

This it?
youtube.com/watch?v=tMt_YXr90AM

Thanks for your patience...I'm starting to think I'm going on a wild goose chase.

Just to orchestrate my thoughts, these are the qualities of the song I'm looking for:
-Synth heavy
-Slow tempo
-Male singer possibly? (Effeminate?)
-Backing track bridging effect for verses of feminine (not the singer) "going hohoho hooo" (although probably pronounced closer to who-who-who-who whhoo) in a quickly cascading method with reverb
-The song ends with the above effect

No.

of feminine voice(not the singer) going "hohoho hooo"*

M83?

youtube.com/watch?v=dX3k_QDnzHE

VERY, VERY similar sound, in fact, I looked them up when trying to figure out if it was them, and I know it's not that song, but the usage of the bridging background track is definitely used in a similar if not identical way...It's gotta be on some sort of a top chart for some indie or retrowave or something genre, since I heard it on the radio quite a few times over the last month or so, between like 6 and 10PM, it's one of those more somber tracks that radio stations would play late at night...

I'm genuinely hoping it wasn't something I heard on Princeton Radio, since then I doubt ANYONE here will find it since they always play obscure as fuck shit.

Can you record a vocaroo of what the general beat to it is? That would make it a lot easier.
Also is it Empire Ants

I honestly don't remember the beat, and my voice is so shit it would probably throw people off if I tried to imitate the part I'm trying to explain.

But just imagine the M83 part, but as a single phrase, and instead of the voice ascending as they bridge the verses like in Midnight City, they descend.

>Chief Keef - Faneto
fire

This maybe?

youtube.com/watch?v=iUkXe0bRjsg

Nope, sorry.