youtube.com/watch?v=jhErFZrgcyU
youtube.com/watch?v=BB8z08_8uhM
youtube.com/watch?v=-KTsXHXMkJA
youtu.be/R35xw2raMGA
youtube.com/watch?v=qIEF9E46bI0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can we just not

It's so exhausting trying to talk about punk on this terrible board

thoughts on Masked Intruder? i think they are putting out some of the most fun stuff i've heard in years.

youtube.com/watch?v=eGWLJz0a0YA

don't they say punk is supposed to be uncomfortable...

Punk doesn’t get better than this.

listening now

nofx is trash.

nah, i don't think it's very good.

i admit that i don't really understand how they ever got so popular myself, but i think they have a few nice songs.

listen to some real punk y'all

what makes this "real" punk?

because it's a compilation of EPs

makes sense.

did they release them as four EPs just to justify making the compilation with this title though?

for starters, it has Morris on the track, the original singer of black flag and the circle jerks. who did the vocals on this album and who wrote all of the songs? and all of there work was recorded pretty recently which is really significant to get a genuine vintage sounding hardcore punk band anymore. something that's not some watered down Title Fight bs

>(and he's fucking over 50 years old and that's incredible if you can still scream coherently at that age)
>bonus: has the artist who did all of the black flag artwork to do all of their albums also

plus some of the other members of this band are members from Rocket From The Crypt, and all of their music is recorded pretty ""traditionally"" in punk terms. There is a NOISEY doc about them. you should check them out they are good.

youtube.com/watch?v=d8iXUMBBwpo

So far I am really enjoying pup

Them and junior battles

so it's real punk because the people involved have played in popular older punk bands before? i think was more convincing...

i know Off!, but i'm not a huge fan. i'd rather just listen to the original bands.

>Pop Punk

No. Listen to New Wave instead. At least they actually have better albums than what Pop Punk can ever offer (Are we no men, Remain in Light, Non-Stop Erotic Cabret). Fuck Pop Punk. They got nothing good to offer.

*Are We Not Men

to me new wave sounds nothing like pop punk in the modern sense and only one of the albums you posted is even actually good.

Sum 41 irrationally pisses me the fuck off. Like even that album cover pisses me off.

Why does the vocalist sound like a 30 yo lesbian smoker

thanks, i don't think i'll be able to unhear that

you're welcome

Ayy, blasted one of their lps while studying today.

Real talk: "Jealous Again" > all other Black Flag releases.

but the first four years has that plus their best song so how could it not be better?

>Fuck Pop Punk.
I would say this, but have you listened to The Krixhjälters?

Bay Area Thrash + Swedish Hardcore + Pop Punk = Awesome?!
youtube.com/watch?v=XYUb0rpKKBs
youtube.com/watch?v=j7MNNYY39l0
youtube.com/watch?v=YLq0LiaIBwU

Well, obviously, that's good, but I'm just talking about Black Flag releases individually not including compilations.

that's interesting stuff but i wouldn't really call it pop punk. sounds more like a sort of progressive thrash to me.

don't mind me, just posting the best pop punk album ever made

that's not Dude Ranch.

check this out, one of my recent favorites

youtube.com/watch?v=jhErFZrgcyU

Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret is an awful album. Soft Cell's only decent songs were covers. Yes Tainted Love is an amazing song but the rest of the album is phenomenally inessential.

Pop punk is highly distinct from New Wave. Yeah they both descend from punk and add pop elements but your argument is stupid.

Lagwagon, Propagandhi and Frenzhal Rhomb are/were on Fat as well and are way better.

yeah Dude Ranch is actually better than any Green Day album. So is blink-182 (2003)

But Green Day > Blink overall

looking for surf punk with vocals. already aware of the ramones. any recommendations?

It's shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=BB8z08_8uhM
youtube.com/watch?v=-KTsXHXMkJA

youtu.be/R35xw2raMGA

I want to kill myself.

don't like FIDLAR, already a fan of DK

Dont forget the poppiest of the all

And these Swedish fucks

And these cunts

>Black Flag gave hardcore kids an example how to expand musical boundaries
>Minor Threat gave hardcore kids an example of how to bring a message
>Bad Brains gave hardcore kids an example of how to have fun and how to turn anger into a positive

Agree? Disagree?

There's like one Millencolin album with an unbelievable amount of shitty autotuning.
youtube.com/watch?v=qIEF9E46bI0
Just behind the one minute mark. Holy shit.

xth for 80s d beat and crust originals!

Kerplunk > Dookie > Cheshire Cat > Dude Ranch > Insomniac > 39/Smooth > the rest

Do you guys like SPOKE

black flag isnt pop punk dumbass

fucking great album.

They sound 90 ish? Not that sold with the track I listened to. Band from your vicinity?

I always thought Milo sounds like Kevin from Ed,Edd and Eddy

These guys are the only pop punk I've ever liked, reccommends for bands like them?

I saw them open for Reel Big Fish on their 20 year anniversary tour in 2016 and I really liked them. Haven't listened to them much afterwards but damn was their concert fun. They have this guy who acts like a cop and he's the token "get the crowd going" guy and he stripped off all of his clothing except for a jockstrap and crowdsurfed. One of the most fun concerts i've been to and Masked Intruder was pretty great.