youtube.com/watch?v=bhrdkRXjeM4
youtu.be/_wrylhznRLI
youtube.com/watch?v=8VmRM5zslHE
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886917306980
mega.nz/#!EktAmJwQ!f8gG1cwMz_YBoWzuRGb9EdrQW91eO09sCToJphsFKDA
youtube.com/watch?v=adOWWbEfyiQ
cyniconline.bandcamp.com/track/humanoid
youtube.com/watch?v=w2keHevAN54
daniellevitin.com/levitinlab/LabWebsite/expsupport/MUSIC/Rentfrow_JPSP_Index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for early Slayer

rate my backpatches

the purple vinyl of Live in Leipzig is kvlt

What’s your favorite Darkthrone album?

souldside journey, ABITNS and this one, hard to decide

You do you.

just watched Sakura
meal for this wondeful experience

youtube.com/watch?v=vLXOkZtAkPw

You posted it.
Also I really like Ravishing Grimness.

Who knew the clean vocal sections on Bleak by Opeth could be so brutal. Sometimes the clean vocals could be the most powerful, especially when you are so used to harsh vocals

>opeth
PROGFANSGETOUTOFMYGENERALREEEEEEEEEEE

>i like ravishing grimness
lol

Show-ya

It's just wow. A great track though. A nice fusion of death metal and prog/classical

t.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> :/

You got a problem bud

Literally everything posted itt so far is a series of discernible pitches set to be listened to in a linear pattern. In other words, how can you say melody is for posers when everything itt IS melody?

thats because melody makes any track easier to be gud, so these tracks do have melody to it and these ppl here area ctualy musical posers

Keyboards are the most metal instrument

famine is bald ?

>he doesn't know about Peter Steele

I'm just here to shill Xanthocroid.
youtube.com/watch?v=TkrxBGZAJCg
youtu.be/oSFlvo8Xexo?t=2m36s
youtube.com/watch?v=OI_vGXRFRLg
Good metal. Some songs less symphonic than others but it's great.

You guys like it?

Doesn't that look more like a metalcore/djent fan?
BTW has djent become oversaturated? Maybe I'm just tired of it. I listen to a random song by Plini and feel like I've heard the same song a thousand times before.

>djent
why are you even here

the best blastbeat I've heard in a decade
youtube.com/watch?v=bhrdkRXjeM4

More reason to keep Slayer on this chart

Does anyone else find it mental that Fallen Angel of Doom came out before Rust in Peace? It's so weird realizing that Blasphemy is Dad-metal. Like every diehard war-metal fan is like 42 and this, plus bald.

when did grindcore turn into hispter trash?

Are there any other vegan metal musicians besides Travis Ryan and based Mille Patroza?

Have you not gone through a djent phase? It's mostly the only Gru album that got me into it. Went on to listen to AAL. I don't like most of it now though. All of the male vocalists sound like girls and it is so pop-like.

Before that I enjoyed stuff like Children of Bodom, Wintersun, Obscura. I'm getting back into metal now. I don't like harsh vocals as much as I used to before. Guess I'll be looking for metal with clean vocals, shit that I could listen to with people in my car without it being torture for them.

nah, other than some flowery stuff like the gathering and edenbridge it's been almost exclusively black, death, doom and sabbath/priest/motorhead/maiden/angel witch for 15 years.

Give me a (you). Tell me someone else is enjoying this as much as I am.

what are you blastin?
youtu.be/_wrylhznRLI

Based Tom G. Warrior

was fantano right?

Reminder that Judas Priest invented speed metal
youtube.com/watch?v=8VmRM5zslHE

Thoughts?

Opeth is good user

Prince of All Numales

So now that it has been scientifically proven that sophisticated music (artsy fartsy shit, classical, jazz, avant garde, etc.) are literal soy music, would metal be within that range of music, too because of its structures? Or does it escape that?

Links: sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886917306980
Full study: mega.nz/#!EktAmJwQ!f8gG1cwMz_YBoWzuRGb9EdrQW91eO09sCToJphsFKDA

I AM THE HAMMMEEERRRR

would you say shit like speedboozer or hellhammer are thinking man's music

True that. I guess that kind of more straightforward primitive stuff is literally the least soy of the metal genre, then more standard death/thrash/black is slightly more soy for trying to be a bit sophisticated, then the prog/avant shit is the absolute most soy.

youtube.com/watch?v=adOWWbEfyiQ
these are top riffs right here

>social statistics
>scientifically proven
You might as well consult an astrologist.

holy shit

cyniconline.bandcamp.com/track/humanoid

I would argue that the more agressive the music is, the more of a test boost it illicits. A lot of the more compositionally complex music they used is pretty passive. There is metal that is both complex and agressive. Some DsO, Gorguts, some Bölzer, Aosoth, whatever etc. is undeniably agressive and complex.
>inb4 those aren't complex!!!11
You understand my point, regardless of the band

Is it actually metal, or just more candy jazz?

Read the study, dummy. And know how statistically significant results work. Low test doesn't mean low brain activity you can figure this out.

Why do people say this is Bolt Thrower's worst album? Literally just as consistent as all their others.

I thought it was good.

i like it but im a cynic fangirl

youtube.com/watch?v=w2keHevAN54

Fucking cockteases open with one of the finest songs of their career and then the rest of the album barely measures up.
Better than Obzen and Koloss but still.

literally who has ever said that mercenary is worse than honour valour pride

though i do agree that it's underrated

post yfw falses entry

>Low test doesn't mean low brain activity you can figure this out.
This correlation is only in your imagination indeed, I never said this.
>Read the study, dummy
they can shove their study up their ass, they got absolutely horrible taste and their selection is appalling
daniellevitin.com/levitinlab/LabWebsite/expsupport/MUSIC/Rentfrow_JPSP_Index.html
>metal is represented mostly by Five Finger Death Punch
yeah, now piss off

Soulside Journey or Panzerfaust

how shit is my taste

same

>This correlation is only in your imagination indeed, I never said this.
You didn't. I was saying that you might be low test soyboy, but that hopefully doesn't mean that you are too stupid to read.
>they can shove their study up their ass, they got absolutely horrible taste and their selection is appalling
>daniellevitin.com/levitinlab/LabWebsite/expsupport/MUSIC/Rentfrow_JPSP_Index.html
Jk, you're too fucking retarded to read. The mental gymnastics you leftists do. You bitch at me for posting "social statistics" but my study has actual measurements of testosterone, not that pseudoscientific five factor bullshit. Like, for fucks sake this is why I told your retarded ass to read the damn study it clearly points out the flaws of the five factor model near the end and why it doesn't use it.
>metal is represented mostly by Five Finger Death Punch
What does this have to do with anything? I never said anything about this. Lmao loser soyboys making the weirdest mental gymnastics right now.

ah yes a new homosong by the homoband

>Lmao loser soyboys making the weirdest mental gymnastics right now.
Yeah, at least here you're true, take a look in the mirror to spot one.

It doesn't have any harsh vocals, but it's full of some pretty fucking great riffs.

Yeah I listen to metal. Arghoslent, Grand Belial's Key, Absurd, Goatmoon, Peste Noire, M8l8th, Satanic Warmaster, Fanisk, Nordvrede, Kroda, Graveland, Nokturnal Mortem, Hate Forest, Destroyer 666, Wolfnacht, Impaled Nazarene, Black Magick SS, Forefather, The Raunchous Brothers, Estirpe Imperial, the list goes on...

I am a big fan of Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects, that album was like a jazz fusion with metal.
btw have you listened to the original version of SNW. I listened to the 3.33 version only and cant imagine trying the earlier one because I already loved 3.33

all hipster shit

well I don't associate with this guy because he is an ultra fag and numale. don't even post him ironically pls
I'd agree.

no it's a very strong album.

as usual with Meshuggah it takes a few listens to ingest all the songs, all the intricacies and rhythms of an album so i think that the review may have been rushed.

then again it's true that it's nothing really new, so if he isn't a fan this had little interest for him

You're confused, when I look in the mirror, I won't see soyboy like you, I'll see trve male like me.

Stop replying to yourself

Meanwhile Death Grips makes the same shit evey track and they get 8/10 no problem.
Meshuggah sounds too familiar and then he pans them. His opinion is of the discarded type.
Also "I" is top Meshuggah for me

what do I think about this

>when Jason just wrote you that tape and patch shipped finally

why do Entombed and Dismember have so much crust/Motorhead in them? is this the general feature of Swedish scene? how/why did they become crust/d-beat country in the first place?

It's just Rock n Roll. They were the first to see that it's boring to make super serious "extreme" metal 24/7 because they had done it for 1-2 years and so they reversed it.

>because he is an ultra fag and numale
did he meet him?
or internet has eaten your brains?

big into thrash, less so into black metal but still a fan. how do i get into death metal?

Do I have to meet him? just take a quick look at his photots. Thats all you need.

are you talking to yourself
apparently you do

listen to early Possessed, Carcass, Cannibal Corpse, Etombed and Death

normie metal

this, no drugs or booze either, redpilled

Noice. Post pic in here when they arrive.

>Do I have to meet him? just take a quick look at his photots. Thats all you need.

>"I"
I wish they experimented more with looser structures like on that track. It's completely unique in their discog.

No I am clearly in a conversation with you. Don't go full autismo.

pretty good, overrated by hipsters

my friend is big into dying fetus, should i wait to listen to them?

I had never heard about it until it popped up in my recommendations, I thought it would be like Om

ok sorry

what are some FUN metal bands? I hate all the overly angry and dark bands

yes

pretty much anything gl*m since fun is for faggots

t. our ist

Kvelertak

go back to /kpop/ you faggot

Wtf is bilbo