I'm kinda obsessed with this album right now...

I'm kinda obsessed with this album right now. It's like calypso psychedelic in style - not too sure about their new project though.

Pic related; is 'In The Deep Time's by Candy Claws

What does Sup Forums think m8?

Other urls found in this thread:

candyclaws.bandcamp.com/track/episode-6-the-cliff-on-the-water
candyclaws.bandcamp.com/track/episode-19-warm-forest-floor-instrumental
youtube.com/watch?v=p8MLqBcwJJY
youtube.com/watch?v=SxsXEM73Xio
youtube.com/watch?v=TIlfSvJmYvA
youtube.com/watch?v=D7qbw5jCy8U
youtube.com/watch?v=DDxlzKQ9D0Q
vocaroo.com/i/s0MpOgGRgrS1
vocaroo.com/i/s0EPhSXITCoV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's fun.

love it, favorite is transitional bird

Yea it's an incredible album. So dense, lush and evocative.

Transitional Bird is amazing yea - think my fave is Fallen Tree Bridge

My friend saw them live in nyc. He told me that almost no one knew who they were and they walked around the crowd calmly talking to people during the show.

It's a shame I can't talk to anyone about them IRL but I'm looking forward to blowing some minds with this album at some point

Is there anything else anons can recommend similar?

they made a separate band and it sounds similar. I forgot the name.

I think its just Ceres or Ceres of something

Obvious redditor, but I'll help anyways because this album is good. In the Dream of Sea Life is thr closest you're going to get. Nothing else I've found comes close to In Deep Time.

Sound of Ceres and it's a lot more atmospheric and dream pop than dense and lush.

i don't like candy claws.
they feel like something is missing - almost like they are trying too hard to be good. it comes across artificial and a bit desperate.
also i get the impression they would be a band that had the attitude of "WE ARE SO BORN IN THE WRONG DECADE" kind of vibe to them.

t. grandpa

Pangea Girls is my favorite track. Pretty good album but a little overrated by some people here. The mix bothers me.

"Obvious Redditor" what gives you that impression, you pretentious cockwomble

Super super good. Hidden lands is a close second. I have a hard time finding new stuff like this.

Found these two pretty late:
candyclaws.bandcamp.com/track/episode-6-the-cliff-on-the-water
candyclaws.bandcamp.com/track/episode-19-warm-forest-floor-instrumental

As other anons said, not too sure about their new stuff.

I think the muddy mixing adds to it desu familia

OP here I'm 33 ayy lmoa

>Reddit spacing in both of your aforementioned posts.
>I'm looking forward to blowing some minds with this album
>Not into the music for inherent reasons.

>Caring about what websites anonymous people use

another user recommended me this one
youtube.com/watch?v=p8MLqBcwJJY
i can see what they mean, it's not what i'm looking for. paying it forward though because who knows. and its a good song.

Listen man. I'd guess 70% of this website is now reddit. What I said before was just banter m8. At least you're actively looking for good music, instead of talking about the next mumble rapper.

>implying legibility is a bad thing
>implying stating my intentions/context is a bad thing
>implying I didn't explicitly state that I'm "kind of obsessed with this album right now"

Holy shit your life must be such a miserable joke to be this petty, I actually feel bad for you

The plot thickens.

also by the way with green text you don't have to write implying every time you use it

stop doing this in the candy claws thread

Ayy I forgive you mane
I don't usually post here so getting an idea of board culture

I usually browse Sup Forums and /r9k/ to actually feel better about myself, hence my introverted intrigue in Shoegaze. I think there is a correlation between those that find comfort in big music and having had a tough time in childhood maybe (I'm always resentful of a tough time being bullied in school but this isn't my blog)

Anyway I find Panda Bear has 'Person Pitch' which gives me similar vibes to Candy Claws

Thanks bruh
Holy shit they look so pure, lovely pic

Okay. I'm done now. My autism has subsided.

youtube.com/watch?v=SxsXEM73Xio
youtube.com/watch?v=TIlfSvJmYvA
youtube.com/watch?v=D7qbw5jCy8U
youtube.com/watch?v=DDxlzKQ9D0Q

There's really nothing that compares to the sound of Ceres and Calypso, but there are some unique/lush songs.

Thanks. Why did they change tack? The Sound of Ceres, IMO is vastly inferior to Ceres and Calypso. Maybe it was a lighting in a bottle moment. Can't have been easy to mix with so much going on.

i read that they wanted to explore the electronic side further, and iirc theyre more people now

That's all well and good, and don't get me wrong I love spacey electronica - but they really had something special with Cerys and Calypso

Candy claws is objectively better. If I remember correctly, there were actually like 6 people working in the band, but Ryan and Karen were the leads. It got too hectic with all of the people and they wanted a sound change. So both of those things led to Sound of Ceres.

yeah, i wholeheartedly agree. i like the dreamy half-awake sound of Hidden Lands, and absolutely adore the guitars and mixing and overall distortion of Deep Time. Sound of Ceres is good but by far too well produced

Six people, wow that would be why it sounds so unique. A good balance. Yea I love it, such a wonderful record.

That kind of guitar/mixing/distortion can't be easy to record so it's an admirable achievement on technique alone, much like Loveless I find

Their new band Sound of Ceres is a bit different. Nostalgia for Infinity is great and the Twin is good. Not really like Calypso tho.

I’ve seen them twice and had them sign my shit. Incredibly chill people and they’re super nice.

I tried my hand at duophonic mixes of the instrumentals, but I got sick of listening to this album before I finished more than 5-6.

vocaroo.com/i/s0MpOgGRgrS1

vocaroo.com/i/s0EPhSXITCoV

Yea I love that album too

I like this album but it's frontloaded as fuck, falls right off after track 4

Great album. Nostalgia for Infinity is also excellent IMO (The Twin was pretty disappointing though).

They also released the instrumentals in dual mono for those put off by the muddy production (no vocals though, obviously)

night ela

I think it's remarkably consistent actually, doesn't outstay it's welcome or get boring at all

Yea that's particularly beautiful and spooky. I love what they did with the sleigh bells.

One of my all-time favorites, like a warm blanket for your ears

I sort of feel the same way. I just think that the first 6 six songs are 9s and 10s. and the rest of the album are 7s and 8s. So its not frontloaded like the rest of the album is bad, but the first songs are just so good that they outclass the others.

Holy shit is that your poster? I need to find one

Fallen Tree Bridge immediately jumped out at me, which is the latter half - so I respect your opinion but disagree friend :)

Yeah man, got it printed for like 25 bucks. There's a high-res wallpaper on google.

You should just stop listening to music

It's lovely - interesting you've got it flipped from right to left though; was that a personal choice?

I think the wallpaper was flipped when I downloaded it, didn't reference the original cover. I don't really mind though, ended up looking way better than I had expected overall

ive tried to listen to this album many times & it just, hasnt clicked for me yet. what am i missing?

Is there a mix of the album that has vocals on top of the dual mono instrumentals?

It needs to be louder

Cheers for the info dude, wasn't sure if it was an aesthetic choice. Great image for a study room for sure, here in the deep tiiiiiime