Car Seat Headrest

Did he used to post here before he was famous, or something? I see people talking about the band with a kind of familiarity that I rarely see shown towards other artists.

Other urls found in this thread:

furaffinity.net/user/carseatheadrest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he posted everywhere before he was famous. tumblr Sup Forums reddit, there were even craigslist ads I think some of the random instruments like horns and violins are just connects he found over craigslist

By that, do you just mean stuff like he posted in Bandcamp threads, or did he go around making threads about his own albums and being obnoxious?

He was pretty gracious, we used to talk on Skype and he was really chill and I don’t remember being annoyed by his posts on here, even though I was not and am not a fan of his work

Didn't he say in an interview that he never posted anything on Sup Forums?

>making threads about his own albums and being obnoxious
those threads wouldve been clipped by mods anyway so he didnt do this

So what, he was a Bandcamp thread resident, with his albums listed alongside a bunch of nobodies in those kinds of threads, that actually made it out into the real world?

He didn't just post in bandcamp threads, he had a lot of appeal in the tumblr-crowd, which is arguably a better demographic to market to. It wasnt just a lucky case of Bandcamp user goes Viral, there was a lot more under the surface.

>It wasnt just a lucky case of Bandcamp user goes Viral
Yeah, that's what I figured.
The closest I've seen that happening is The Death of Pablo, and even then that's just piggybacking on Kanye with a easy headline ("Sup Forums makes Kanye West remix album" is an easy article to write for clicks).

Shilled his own music on here until he made it.

>we used to talk on Skype
holy fuck user hes one of my favourite artists now

do you remember the initial reaction to twin fantasy?
how long did it take for it to start being recognised as more then just a shill

uh

He didn't post on here. That's a meme stemming from his connection to internet demographics.

Will worked hard as fuck doing local shows and pumping out music since he was a high schooler. It's a discredit to him to say that he managed to blow up from spamming his music on an anime shitposting imageboard.

nice digits

Good post

He didn't post anything on Sup Forums.
Sup Forums was one of the places to discover his music, and from there it kinda developed a cult following, which then turned into the whole joke of Will Toledo actually shilling himself on here.

He did share his music on furry and art and furry art websites, though.

Hey Will

I think that partydog posted in Sup Forums at some point, partydog is now Cate Wurtz.

Cate Wurtz is/was a Sup Forumsfag.
Somebody post the Sup Forums orgy comic.

not him but i also was an internet friend of will's and no one liked twin fantasy outside of the bandcamp-mu-hipster runnoff corner until 2 or 3 years later

fuck off will

I listened to it in 2013 because it was mentioned here, I think it was 2 to 3 years before it got any recognition.

>somebody post the Sup Forums orgy comic

I'm intrigued.

I'm looking for it. It's one of the earlier Partydog comics, done all in orange. It's about a band that does a shitty art show/orgy. It has a lot of Sup Forumscore references.

Found it.

Jesus fucking christ

>Folks we don't know who james murphy is

Why's it drawn over a different comic?

that's Cate Wurtz's visual style. She has a lot of layers and sketches and weird shit going on.

>She

>has

>He did share his music on furry and art and furry art websites, though.
proof?

Yes i did. Thanks for the support

If I shill my shitty bedroom pop as much as he did will I eventually get a BNM from pitchfork?

furaffinity.net/user/carseatheadrest

There's a tor FA archive that has all of his old audio uploads, or you can get them off soulseek.