Is it possible for someone who doesn't have formal training to learn to fight just by watching tutorials on youtube?

Is it possible for someone who doesn't have formal training to learn to fight just by watching tutorials on youtube?

And I'm not saying getting on the level of fighting a boxer on the ring but just in that situation when you get on a street fight with some drunk truck driver who wants to be tough with you

I have been in a few "fights" when I was in school but obviously without knowing to use proper techniques

Many of the stuff I know do now I learned by searching on internet, so could this be one of them?

Bump for curiosity?

Carry a weapon, win the fight

carry a rape whistle

I learned more watching chav technique vids then I did doing judo for 3 years

fighting is a lot about muscle memory and training your brain to react automatically.

You can't get better at basketball just by watching the NBA, you can't get better at fighting by watching youtube

shut up idiota

My boxing fantasy is me gaining superpowers so that my perception of time is sped up at will, so I can dodge and counter everything. It's the same superpower I use in my tennis and goalkeeper fantasy too. I would advise finding a genie.

Go to a gym you pussy

you learn by giving and taking punches, nothing can replace this

Fighting on the street depends more on your mindset than fighting skills, in the ring you'll always be prepared but on the streets there's lots of surprises.
You just have to go crazy on the motherfucker and hurt him.

of course you can learn what to do from watching others but can you actually do it? big difference. I know how Stanton hits HRs but I couldn't do it.

This.
And once you have to fight against beginners, you'll notice the difference.

Mark de Mori trained himself to box on YouTube and somehow got himself ranked by the WBA, then got KOed in a round by David Haye for a lot of money. Do that.

the biggest flaw in your plan is you need sparring to learn to fight, literally the most important part of learning any combat sport

if you are not able to spar, do lots of shadow boxing instead, like 120 minutes straight without rest (use a countdown), with lots of movement and different exercises with focus on footwork, headmovement, etc

If you go crazy on the ring you're gonna get your ass beat

All boxers knows that

And where do you get experience ?
>Youtube
>reliable
You can't be serious

Cringe

good to learn technic but once the fight start and the adrenaline kicks in, your brain will shut down and you will do stupid stuff.

I'll take the advice. Thanks

There's a real viceral feeling you get when your about to fight. No YouTube video on technique will help you if you don't have experience.

>goalkeeper fantasy
kek that's like dreaming about being a relief pitcher or a basketball role player.

depends.
can you learn new techniques by watching?
yes
can you practice such techniques with a person to learn in an interactive way?
no
watch vidoes on youtube. get those techniques in your head and then go to sparr with some one
only way to trully learn.