Graduating this fall

>graduating this fall
>applied for internships
>told I don't meet the 3-5 years of work experience

How about you guys? Did you guys do any internships yet?

I'm going to quit my old job in Monday and in Wednesday I'm starting a new one, pretty excited tbqh.

>fall

That's why you need to do work at an association during your study

What are internships?

You just need to go in there son, look him right in the eye, give him a firm cockshake and say I want a job as a handy man.

Your handshake just wasn't firm enough.

I had internships two summers in college it's not that hard.

A big scam that was born out of increased competition.

In the old days it used to be a plus on your application. But thanks to tryhard faggots, it's
become essentially mandatory if you're looking for any kind of decent paying job.

You were supposed to apply for internships while still in school dingus

>15 more classes and i'm done
>new semester starts
>couple of weeks in, suddenly some students start revolting
>thing get off of hand
>suddenly there are less and less classes
>the thing is still going on

I'm going to lose the semester lads, I can feel it. This is going to be the second time in two years, I can't take it anymore.

>boomers.
>having to go to college for their six figure jobs
lol

Also..
Kids these days are so lazy! by the time I was 23 I had my own house, a brand new car, and family. Kids these days just don't want to work, they expect to be handed everything! Now then, wheres my social securities check, don't want to touch the seven figure retirement fund just yet :^)

You need to have work experience to get an internship?

But internships are usually used to get experience to get work...

What kind of dumb shit is this?

Got an internship at JP Morgan for next summer in either Londen or Amsterdam. Got in through connections and a gpa higher than 3.2.

Half Dutch half Spanish person here on holiday.

boomer retards think that because theres so many candidates that they can just up requirements
in their shortsightedness they fail to see that to a point candidates are just on equal footing anyway and are just asking to be lied to.

>Got in through connections
congratulations. will you be hosting a dedicated blog?

CS major here starting my senior year this fall.
Tried it this summer. Didn't work. I applied too late, didn't have enough options and it turned out a lot harder than I thought. Only had one interview and it was almost like a real job interview (they intend to keep you as a future hire).

Yeah, sounds like bullshit

You don't need RELEVANT experience, they just don't want to hire some stoner kid who's gonna make things worse

Don't graduate until you've had an internship or you will regret it your entire life
Take a masters if you need to

What the fuck
just lie on your CV who gives a fuck
opened me many doors

But isn't it kinda late to have internship after you graduate? They may reject you just for that reason, no? Also I didn't get the 3 to 5 years experience requirement. It makes no sense.

How do you even get close to 6 figures just by graduating from uni? Or do you mean by the time you are in your mid-30s?

late career
but the careers they are all in you need a uni degree just to start in. 30 years ago this was not the case.
so you're essentially going through 3-4 years of extra schooling and 40k of debt just to be on par with a boomer who had finished highschool, and then you realise the job market isnt anything like it was back then either

>two years ago only 3 universities in my state had law degrees on offer
>job market was fucking shit and very few graduates were hired
>job market as gotten worse and now there are 5 universities offering law degrees

It fucking sucks, I have to dedicate all my free time to doing shit to boost my employability like my current internship, community involvement shit and maintaining a distinction average.

my uncle didn't finish high school and got a job with the ATO despite having no experience in it whatsoever. The people they hire now to do the same job that he used to do all have to have a finance degree.

the education bloat is absolute shit.

>It makes no sense
Let me guess, the rest of the requirements were
"Experienced with Java"
"Speaks fluent Hindi"
"$20-30,000/year"

You were fooled. Those companies put up fake job offers with unrealistic requirements that no one can achieve, so that when nobody ``meets their requirements'' they are allowed to use the H1B Visa program to bring in low-wage indentured servants from India to slave around.

This is a problem on the level of an epidemic in the tech field. Actually, a complete lack of morals seems to be the default nature of startup companies.

More often than not, startup companies will
1. attempt to abuse the H1B Visa program (as above)
2. pay you extremely low wages compared to living costs in the area, but people take it anyway because they don't have families and don't know any better.
3. attempt to avoid paying you at all

I just graduated and now work for IBM, lel. You see, the advantage of working for bigass companies is that they have too much to lose by fucking you over, so they never do.

Yea I have an uncle who barely had an education, served in the army doing jackshit for a year and just walked into the bank, asked for a job and now has a cozy af job at the bank.

Now the same bank doesn't even look at you unless you have a bachelors degree and even then good luck competing against the 50 other people that are applying alongside you.