Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1sBb4DVR_7AU04gYpLNfUwqyozQ2OLwSIHksSLf8OIzk/edit?usp=drivesdk
youtube.com/watch?v=hrnI7TQ44U0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CALIFONYA

So Naked in the Rain is about furries, right?

Flea is overrated. He isn't even top 10 bassists alive right now

Commerical Radio Band.
Belongs next to Lady Gaga

listened to this album as a pre-teen and it was still fucking shite

I'd like them more if they didn't have Anthony Kiedis

definitely one of those "must listens". a lot of people give it praise, but i remember even when it released, i simply didn't get the hype.

personally, i think flea is the highlight of this album (or any other, really), his delivery and playing style is 10/10, but his baselines are pretty generic.

Breaking the Girl will always be a great song. The rest I'm indifferent to; but where I used to live you couldn't escape hearing RHCP.

my sentiment exactly. clearly some talented musicians in the band

Blood Sugar Sex Magik alone ranks among the best Alt. Rock/Funk records of all time, and usually is held in high regards as one of the best albums of both the 90s and all time. That album marked a pivotal point in their direction, as they divulged in deeper lyricism with poetic and melancholic, yet hedonistic songwriting. Frusciante catapulted their songs with original guitar structure/composition, combining funk and psychedelic with indie rock-esque melodic sensibilities, and with Flea, formed a beautiful synergy that laid the groundwork for their subsequent albums, along with influencing funk metal/alt. metal, rap rock and alt. rock for years to come. And BSSM can be considered an "artistic" record, if you consider an album detailing the idyllic paradise of sexuality, spirituality and the conflicts between hedonistic and stoicism an artistic statement. Granted, they didn't expand on that idea, but it lingers on that territory.

This album would be a 10/10 if it ended after Under the Bridge

what do you mean, Flea is rock's only bassist

Blood Sugar Sex Magik [Warner Bros., 1991]

they've grown up, they've learned to write, they've earned the right to be sex mystiks ("Give It Away", "Breaking The Girl") *

No, but it would 10/10 if They're Red Hot was purged from existence.

>I don't know how a grown adult can take this band seriously.
ave you even listened to One Hot Minute, or By The Way or Californication? OHM deals with the inner turmoil and nihilism that comes with a severe addiction to drugs. Anthony struggles with his isolation from his own mind, as he desperately hopes to find that trapdoor to escape his asylum. The psychedelic atmosphere mixed with heavier undertones convey his hopeless state of meaninglessness; his fragile heart shatters and screams to his demons, wishing he could vanquish them. After Anthony's success with sobriety, he pursues an idyllic character with Californication, as he records his travels and voyages of the world. Each track feels as if he's discovered a new place, with his emotions laid bare on those places (such as the clandestine cynicism in "Californication", to even a new state of tranquility in "Scar Tissue", "Porcelain" and "Road Tripping"). By The Way more or less expands on these ideas in a more personal, individual manner. Anthony contemplates his relationships with people as he tries to discover who he is and his own contribution to the world. BTW is their most humanistic album yet.

Anyway, RHCP isn't as immature as you think. Quite a few of their albums divulge into a deeper, more introspective theme throughout, and Frusciante's abstract, yet delicate virtuosity mixed with Flea's rhythmic sensibilities create that synergy in which Anthony conveys his messages.

Nice copypaste. I liked that album and Mother's Milk when I was 14 but holy god, I don't know how a grown adult can take this band seriously. I'm also not a fan of their later career post-addiction adult pop either.

What's the point of listening to this funky pop rock when The Real Thing by Faith No More exists

>adult pop
Kill yourself, but before you do, read this again.
docs.google.com/document/d/1sBb4DVR_7AU04gYpLNfUwqyozQ2OLwSIHksSLf8OIzk/edit?usp=drivesdk

you can like both

no one fall for this

>funky pop rock
Die, stupid person! And read this too, egghead!

Probably the best RHCP album, hands down. At the very least it's their most consistent. A lot of catchy, funky alt rock songs with some very poignant ballads mixed in ("I Could Have Lied" being one of the lesser known). Certainly my favorite RHCP record.

Who is John Entwisle
Who is Chris Squire
Who is Geddy Lee
Who is Les Claypool
Who is John Paul Jones
Who is Jack Bruce

There was a version of this album without vocals, takes it from a 6/10 to an 8/10 easily

Ditto Geezer Butler.

Geezer Butler
Justin Chancellor
Steve Harris

Listing a bunch of generic, terrible bassists isn't going to diminish the titan-bladed fingers that Flea has created to climb the heavens of gods in order to destroy their existence.

the end of Sir Psycho Sexy is pretty damn nice

>Justin Chancellor
>Generic
I know it's bait but come on.

Your existence is bait.

It's sad that Flea gets all this hoorah for his bass playing, while people like Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten, Oteil Burbridge and Stanley Clarke aren't household names.

Ironic that you omit Jaco Pastorius, the objective GOAT. Reminder that the bass at the end of Funky Monks is lifted from Barbary Coast.

I also think Flea is a good bassist but calling those bassists generic and terrible is just plain retarded.

Very awful in every conceivable aspect.

I was going for bassists that are alive.

Hmm, it's almost as if writing memorable songs is what really matters.

If this isn't memorable then I don't know what is.
youtube.com/watch?v=hrnI7TQ44U0

Well in that case you still forgot Larry Graham.

FUCK