Tfw you play in a classic punk band in weird part of LA

> Tfw you play in a classic punk band in weird part of LA
> Tfw all the other bands in your age group and area play skater culture/Mac Demarco inspired soft rock
> Tfw you always open for them
> Tfw the audience has no idea what we're doing
> Tfw no one even attempts to start a mosh pit
> Tfw no one even knows what a mosh pit is
> Tfw their all too stoned to be into it
> Tfw they tell you to "chill, dude"
> Tfw a single, blue-haired freshman girl runs up to the stage and requests a Green Day song

>Dear Diary,

im moving to LA from phoenix this summer what am I in for

Evidently you're not in the weird part.

Dude, I don't know what kind of place you're looking for specifically, but I love Pheonix. I got a friend living out in Pheonix, and though he does admit it can get pretty boring sometimes, there's no shortage of shows to go see.

It's more of just wanting me to get away from Phoenix, I don't want to spend my whole life here. Gotta spread my wings and fly yo

I get it. If you're not looking to stay here long-term I'd say come on over. There are even a few really good punk bands downtown (if you're into that).

What would be the issue of staying long term? I graduate college in May and I'm hoping to settle down there asap.

Do funny MCs in between songs. Talk about how shit mac demarco is and how punk is the shit.
Throw in some memes while you're at it. If you're already the elephan in the room then might aswell go all out. Who knows kids might dig it, they just need some sort of context on what you're doing. They don't know what punk is all about.
Then play a green day cover, like Basket Case or something from the Nookie era, don't even think of playing their recent shit.

I don't know, just depends where you stay. A lot of hipsters, expensive housing, expensive food, expensive everything, WAY too many fucking people.

gen x FADS die out eventually

where?

Who's that lesbian?

You know, you're right. I mean, we are a punk band after all.

Kind of around Van Nuys.

Mac Demarco was a mistake

Agreed.

Trips of truth!

LA sounds lame as fuck. If that's the weird part, god help you

Pick a niche genre that hasn't been revived yet and get in early.

Punk isn't relevant anymore. Why are you flagging on with an old style?

Do you think the form that the fresh or new is just going to perpetually take the same form? 'Punk' ethos was pretty dominant through the entire Gen X stretch, as far as the rock underground. There's no way, after dominating that long in the previous generation, it could come back in this one.

Actually, it already is getting an underground revival in LA right now. There are a lot of old punk bands still playing and new ones popping up. No, it's not as prominent as the whole mellow rock thing going on right now, but it's there.

Hmm, not him, but would you consider anco, death grips, or American football to have a punk ethos? I mean, they are all nearly 40

what part of la

>mood: apathetic

Just move to oxnard, heard the punk scene was really good. It's a blessing in disguise IMO, punk went underground again because nobody listens to it. Go figure.

>American Football
>punk ethos

what are you even talking about

Welcome to normie ville

Damn, that's a throwback.

Start a rap group with screamo vocals and loud, distorted instrumentals. People will like you much more.

Emo derived from punk.

Better get outta there.