What's your favorite sell-out album?

What's your favorite sell-out album?

>The Money Store
>sell out
lol I dont think so braho

>The Money Store
Technically true, but they immediately saw the error of their ways and more than made up for it by releasing an album online, for free, without the label's permission, with a picture of Zach's dick as the album cover. They unfucked themselves

You sound really excited about Zach's dick there.

Grimes

How is TMS a sellout album?

I've been here for too long

Money store is possibly their worst album, I'm glad they haven't stuck with this sound

*best

The Money Store is the easiest target for contrarians because it's their most popular and most highly acclaimed work. Of course denying the facts that it has their most memorable hooks, lyrics and production. Maybe not the most experimental, but their most classic collection of songs aside from Exmilitary.

Pretty much every song and every lyric on that album is legendary at this point but fedoras gonna fedor.

Bottomless Pit or Gov. Plates is their worst.

because it's their most popular one. the hipster contrarian snowflakes need to outhipster

This is pop music or popular music. The goal of this kind of music is to reach out to as many people as possible. Selling out is not a possibility since you've sold out from the beginning.

>because it's their most popular one.
thats irrelevant

>released on a major after being indie
>has some of their most friendly stuff
>has literally been on the billboard chart
>some songs have literal radio versions
also consider that this is just another zach hill album but with another dude on the mic (a literal rapper)

unless the album is called "Out" they ain't selling "Out" ya know what Im sayin' man..

>bottomless pit is their worst album

whats so good about Bottomless Shit?

I like that it literally has 0 new ideas except for maybe the first single

how can you not be?

>Bottomless Pit or Gov. Plates is their worst.
shit taste

Idunno but i know what the worst sellout album is
(It’s art angels)

i think you mean her entire discography user

This one

>Pretty much every song and every lyric on that album is legendary at this point but fedoras gonna fedor.
yeah because of braindead children spamming them here in ALL CAPS like autists lmao nothx

its death grips now

Even though it’s a fantastic album, it’s clearly the point where they sold out.

bump

& I don’t even care.
It was such a big emo album of the late 00s, if you weren’t one at the time I doubt you’d understand.

fuck you

art angels is not a sellout, dip

bump

we like death grips

emo-pop is an abomination, normal emo i can stomach but mainstream emo pop.....not good.

No one is willing to refute this?
Loveless wasn't made to be commercial.

Reminder that Grimes and her retarded numale boyfriend at the time tried to do a Huck Finn down the Mississippi with a bunch of chickens onboard, then after letting their chickens die from disease and ignoring the police's warnings for a week their shitty home-made health hazard houseraft was impounded and Grimes made up some bullshit story to make the cops out as bad guys.

we're talking about sellout albums. what made you think this was a thread for grimes?

delete this retarded post and delete your moo account

bump

metallica's self-titled album

how is claire boucher so popular and unpopular for no fucking reason at all when we didnt care about her album. last year was full of waifushit nobody talks about

>multiple posts about death grips and grimes
>not a single post about animal collective
What went wrong?

stop whining. claire boucher is popular for a reason: she is great at music, looks and personality.
>when we didnt care about her album
there are daily art angels threads (e.g. "post music that makes me cry") besides the usual grimethreads. lurk more.

I don’t think AFI went too far into the pop side until Crash Love.
But yes it is an incredibly 00s Genre.

post Merriweather Post Pavillion slump

give them time. I still love Painting With tho but it could be better

people realized that anco is a meme without substance. could you even remember one song of them that isn't my girls?

>stop whining.
hey james brooks

>claire boucher is popular for a reason:
money and your relationship. were you here for anything else buddy?

leave james alone

but he's always here

l o l

ive been here too long

people didnt like painting with. everyone else has been accepting of that, it's fine, it shouldn't be forced on people

So were you just too young when Sing the Sorrow came out to get on board, or were you unaware that Sing the Sorrow came before Decemberunderground?

does this count? They certainly expanded their audience beyond teen gurls with this one at the cost of some teen gurls
the only paramore album I like tbqh

I beg to differ. I'd say most pop music is catering to a big audience because of its catchy sound.

Although I guess Loveless could be a toss between art and pop music because of very interesting recording/guitar playing techniques.

This.

Claudio peaked at Shabutie.

IV is good though.
And that last album wasn’t as bad as people say. The 2010 one was godawful however.

I was 8 when Sing The Sorrow Came out.
Only listened to DU & Crash Love when they came out & I was a Teen, last heard them in like Early 2010 until last Year when I listened to their whole discography.

isn't this like the opposite of selling out? it's still pop of course but they went in a more artistic direction

it is pretty good.

>the money store
>sell-out
nice b8 m8

you meant goo

>implying this isn’t far superior to joy division
also, low life was the sellout album

bump

DDN is actually good but it was the sellout album, Goo just was more popular and even more blatant attempt at getting into the mainstream.
See Visions and Art Angels, Visions was the sellout album.

buy Art Angels on itunes

>they stopped writing songs about fucking your sister

umm ok then

>Visions was the sellout album.
are u insane? visions was an artistic achievement, a real evolution of her style. if you believe that album & are angels are sellout album u must be really dumb.

let's make this about you