What does mu think about the mats volta?

What does mu think about the mats volta?

Best band I've ever seen live.

They're a bunch of junkies but I love them.

Mars* fuck

Fuck off cedric

if OP isn't cedric, then they are one of my favorite bands. It's difficult to like them sometimes because they are assholes to their drummers.

The Mars Volta is the most innovative rock group since jimi hendrix or zeppelin.

When were they assholes to their drummers? I didn't hear about that but I am interested

Isn't Omar an asshole to everyone?

I like them a lot. I'm a big fan of Juan Alderete.

I hate Mexicans and people who dress poorly and prog

They were good when they still did loads of blow.

NOWWWW IMMMMMMM LOSSSSSTTTT
noooowww iiimmmm laaalaaaalaaalaaaloooost

dadundun dundun

I think they mainly did heroin

First album is great, 2nd album is good then they get shitter every album

Amputechtre is just as good as deloused but not for filthy casuals such as yourself. Octa is great too.

as soon as pridgen joined shit went downhill

Hating prog is a Sup Forums thing now? And I’d say complaining about their cloths is more /fa/

I think of them as having an original trilogy of really excellent albums (De-loused, Frances and Amputechture) and a followup trilogy of still-good-but-not-as-cohesive-or-great-albums (Bedlam, Octa and Noct)

I don't think you can argue that Amputechture is substantially worse than their first two efforts. In fact I think it's the first album in which the band stopped being just a Cedric/Omar wankfest and started feeling like it's own entity.

I'm pretty sure The Mars Volta was mostly a sober ordeal. I know they smoked a ton of weed, but I guess for the most part they were sober.

Omar isn't so much an asshole to everyone as much as he has absolute musical control. He's like the boss of the band.

They treat their drummers badly, I think to get the best performance out of them and then just kind of dump them. Cedric has said in interviews that they used to push their first drummer to ridiculous lengths to get these performances out of him and they never listened to him and that's why he left.

Pridgen left because they were assholes to him and they ended up arguing with each other on twitter.

It's also difficult to forget that Cedric, even though he's a brilliant performance artist, actually fell for the meme of scientology and was a scientologist for several years until Hyde from That 70s Show raped his wife.

HAAAANGGIIINGGG OUUUTTT

OF YOUR WIIIIIIIFFFFEEE

THE SAME OLD KEK

YOU'VE BEEN ALL YOUR LIIIIIFFEEEE

Don't know much except that they're butt buddies with RHCP.

TRANSIENT JET LAG

>actually fell for the meme of scientology and was a scientologist for several years until Hyde from That 70s Show raped his wife.
wat

Yeah the guy who plays Hyde from that 70s show is also a scientologist and they went to the same scientology church for famous people where I guess they all met and the dude raped cedric's wife.

He went public with it to shit on the guy. It's what one of the new atdi songs is about.

I heard that guy fucks skulls. With candles and shit.

mariachi slipknot

What the fuck did Zeppelin ever innovate?

plagiarism

I don't even like Zeppelin, but in rock'n'roll and blues there was never any shame or taboo regarding outright copying or putting your spin on someone else's lyrics or tunes. The idea of someone owning a lyric or arrangement is hyper-capitalist bullshit.

Kind of influenced some metal and even some punk bands

>The Mars Volta is the most innovative rock group
What did they innovate?

>The idea of someone owning a lyric or arrangement is hyper-capitalist bullshit.
How many songs have you published?

it wasn't hyper-capitalist bullshit in 60s, it was just insulting to artists
>there was never any shame or taboo regarding outright copying or putting your spin
yeah, but the problem, they ripped off different non-rock contemporary artists without their knowledge or agreement, in the age when people had very limited access to information

prog rock

no but its shitty not to acknowledge the original creator or fact that it wasn't their idea. Especially with the popularity of a band like loop zoop who has the ability to introduce millions of people to an under-recognized artist