twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Spiritual growth.

Escapism.

I don't.

youtu.be/s9auAfdegcM

To forget

to enlarge my cock

no friends so nothing to do

Art offers a way to temporarily escape suffering. The world is painful, but if you completely absorb yourself in painless representations of the world - whether that be music, literature, paintings, or whatever has aesthetic appeal - you can escape that pain. For me, aesthetic experience is the only thing that keeps me sane

I've found it's a medium that can do things nothing else can. As you experience a piece of music it changes, twists and turns, much as a novel or movie would, however the narrative as a focus is missing in music. That void gets filled with my own memories, thoughts and feelings, giving it a much more personal and introspective experience that can't be replicated by film or book (it's much different to something being simply relatable, which can be fulfilled by film and book). As a result listening to music satisfies me on a sensory level if it sounds good and on an emotional level if I can fill that void. It's the reason that I believe there's almost no objectivity to music because it's so much more personal that any other art form.

it just sounds good :)

Because I like it

To distract me from taking a shit that’s too big for my ass.

I derive pleasure from certain vibrations of my eardrums created by music.

it drowns out the never ending silence and makes me forget i'm going to die alone in my 40's of a heart attack

i didn't choose this hell

covering tinnitus

for the feels

To remember.

Well put.

Music is as immediate an objectification and copy of the whole will as the world itself is, indeed as the Ideas are, the multiplied phenomenon of which constitutes the world of individual things. Therefore music is by no means like the other arts, namely a copy of the Ideas, but a copy of the will itself, the objectivity of which are the Ideas. For this reason the effect of music is so very much more powerful and penetrating than is that of the other arts, for these others speak only of the shadow, but music of the essence.

Because it sounds nice

have felt this way for so long but it's so hard to explain or relate to people irl about it. at least /mu will always be here, to give me the illusion of acceptance

It's a hobby. I like feeling my progression. Knowing that I'm slowly finding my taste album by album gives me pleasure and self-confidence. Also music is great, and I have a lot of time to listen to it while I work, so there's no downsides.

these basically