Is this even Hip Hop?

Is this even Hip Hop?

Yes

Hip hop is a garbage genre, this record is a masterpiece, therefore it isn't hip hop.

it is hip-hop for people that don't listen to hip-hop.

doesn't make it anything other than a near perfect record though.

Yes. It's just really old school hip-hop.

friendly reminder that Dummy by Portishead is the best album ever from any hip-hop-related genre
No ifs, ands, or buts about it

this

Sup Forums negroes on point for once

i don't even know how to insult you

i think admitting that is punishment enough

Goddamn, I didn't expect that record to be so bad

Hip-hop is like candy, you're supposed to consume it wtihout the wrappers.

so what is the best hip-hop-related album ever made then mr. sassy user?

Definitely not Dummy by Portishead.

Third

so what is the best hip-hop-related album ever made then mr. Definitely not Dummy by Portishead?

not hip-hop-related you doofus

i have not listened to enough hip-hop to care that much.

but i have listened to enough to know it isn't anything to do with portished.

imagine claiming to love music while being this much of a pleb

who fucking knows. and more importantly, why does it matter?

That came out sounding stupider than you thought user

Strictly Turntablized?
Blue Lines?
Maxinquaye?
Exploring the Inside World?

be warned, its not for plebs

>Strictly Turntablized?
No
>Blue Lines?
Influential, but worse than Dummy
>Maxinquaye?
Acceptable answer
>Exploring the Inside World?
ahhahahaha

Some people categorize it as trip-hop, what is fair to me. Some songs like Stem/Long StemScatter Brain can't be classified as hip-hop.

Closer to trip hop in places

forgot to quote

It was only labeled instrumental hip hop because people didn’t know plunderphonics was a thing
This is plunderphonics

All four answers are "acceptable answers", really depends on where you're coming from. I like Dummy myself, but I don't know that I would put it best. In my book it loses points by sole virtue of having a singer.

Forgot Psyence Fiction. I guess it deserves a mention.

most plunderphonics is just imitations of pierre schaeffer mixed with loony toons randumbness

endtroducing is instrumental hip-hop first and trip-hop second

>most plunderphonics is just imitations of pierre schaeffer mixed with loony toons randumbness
You obviously don’t listen to plunderphonics, or maybe you just listened to Cartooom! and assumed everything is like that
Since I Left You and Adelieland
Get to listening

Having a singer is how trip hop works, I didn't say the best hip hop album, I said the best album from any hip-hop offshoot genre

but massive attack raps

Not really
THERES A MAN WHO LIVES NEXT DOOR
INNN MAH NEIGHBORHOOOOOD
INNN MAH NEIGHBORHOOOOOD

I feel as if he's singing at least in Mezzanine, Blue lines isn't specifically trip hop if you're referring to that album

>I said the best album from any hip-hop offshoot genre

How does that in any way preclude me from having a preference for no singer in said offshoot genres?

>this is your brain on britbongs
Englands biggest contribution to hip hop in the past 30 years was big shaq and his meme freestyle, literal objective facts

stick to your shitty mallbient IDM

That is true, I forget sometimes how opinions work
This is the shitty part when discussing music

@77491396
not even worth (you)ing

DJ Krush and Doctor L are brit now?

As for Britain's contribution to Hip Hop, I always loved Trevor Jackson's Underdog prods. Elementalz by The Brotherhood is a cute little thing.
Lewis Parker is one of those I'll always love, even if I'm not too keen on recommending it.
Same goes with Shadow Huntaz. I love the idea of that Skam hip hop experiment more then the result, but fuck if I don't love that it exists.

Brits technically created the sound utilized by Death Grips and Kanye a decade before they got a hold of it, with Grime.

And even before that, Techno Animal.

You're the dummy.

abhorrent post

truth hurts

Every time I listen to Portishead I feel like I'm going to throw up. I'm not even trying to make joke or be hyperbolic, their music is just that repulsive to me.

you like lo-fi 24/7 hip-hop to meme and relax to though so

idk dude

found the plebs, holy shit how can you be so blatantly underage without the mods banning you good God

>implying this is an achievement to be proud of