Capital of the confederacy

>capital of the confederacy
>site of the worst civil war battles
>everyone roots for Washington D.C. teams
Is there a more cucked group of fans in any sport anywhere?

>Is there a more cucked group of fans in any sport anywhere?
Fans who make threads about other states' fans.

not that I recall

the redskins were "the team of the south" until the falcons were created.
old southern men still generally are skins fans.

VA is a blue state, how is this surprising.

The recent voting record ("blue state") doesn't quite tell the whole story. A Californian grows up around organic health food nuts and yoga instructors and there is an incredible likelihood that he never holds a gun in his life. An Alabamian sees four different BBQ restaurants on his way to work and celebrates "Robert E. Lee Day" on the 13th of January. A Chicogoan puts different toppings on his hot dog than a New Yorker. Whether or not the person growing up in that area rejects or embraces the teachings of that environment is their choice, but nonetheless there is an overall shape to his surroundings. So what world does a Virginian grow up in? What messages is he surrounded with in his youth?

The biggest fanbases for professional teams in my area were, to my knowledge, the Carolina Panthers in the NFL and the Orioles for the MLB.

The capitol Washington D.C/NOVA (Northern Virginia) region is a black hole not just for the people in this state but for the country. It must contain the highest concentration of greed and ambition in America, so maybe the world. Avoid it like the plague.

All over the state you have "southerners" which have historically been a few shades different from other southerners and the state as a whole handled the end of the Civil War differently from the deep south.

Government employees, yuppies, and general human garbage in NOVA/greater D.C. Then a combination of "southerners" (historically a variety of mainline protestants instead of just overwhelmingly baptist. also historically different economically) and transient military personnel from all over the country where I am from (Hampton Roads). Those are the two big zones.

pic related: My family went to church with David Wright's family growing up (got an autographed ball from him while he was minor leaguer in Norfolk) and I graduated from the same high school as Chris Taylor. Verlander grew up in Goochland which is quite some distance from me but he played baseball for ODU.

This is me, and I don't give a shit.
I have an ancestor who died fighting for the south, and fuck em.
The confederacy was retarded, go Wizards

Until the Norfolk/Hampton Roads/etc. area gets its own major league teams, DC is the closest major league city for most of the population.

>south rises again
>hoverrounds make it 100 miles up 95 before running out of batteries
>uprising cancelled for another year

Scalawag

Savage

It's only a blue state because of the yankee colony of North Virginia that exists thanks to D.C.
Virginia is pretty cucked.

>Virginia is pretty cucked.
Unbelievably so. The easiest way to see the extent of its cucking is to have watched its polling last election in real time. They were 58% Trump with all counties reporting 100%, except for 0% of the three NoVA counties reporting. And once NoVA counties started reporting, that percentage changed real fucking fast. And, to make it even more of a cuckfest, as someone who grew up there, I can say for a fact that less than 50% of kids in Northern Virginia have parents from anywhere in Virginia, and the ones who do are probably poor anyway so they're blue anyway.

i hate nova so much but it's unbelievably stable economically and there is literally zero property crime. the trade off is insane traffic and housing prices. oh and the people here are, for the most part, sociopathic monsters in the workplace trying to get that next bump up. no natural beauty and all the hot girls move to NYC. plus every mud person on earth is living 14 to a room in the few affordable housing units available.

what a bizarre yet informative post

Did you know Chris Taylor?

Were there any signs that he would become an absolute madman in MLB, OPSing almost 1000? I know he was a champion wrestler in middle school.

I transferred from a different school zone (about an hour away) when I started high school so I didn't know him in middle school. I was also a freshman the year he graduated.

Our school was known mostly for academics and having a semi-true semi-false reputation for being a snooty rich kid place (nice cars all over the parking lot). Taylor seems very down to earth and cool so he probably kept a low profile. The bigger the blowhard party animal you were, the more you cashed in on being a jock, the more full of shit and mediocre you were was how things typically went. The sport Virginians paid the most attention to, like most high school sports, was football and our football team sucked. Our swim team, track team, wrestling team, and female athletics in general were all pretty good but those don't make huge splashes in the local news.

The kids who attended school there can basically be split into two camps: highly focused people who kept their heads above the bullshit and kids who just did whatever they wanted. Taylor was in the former camp.

Your picture is inaccurate. If you read my post, anyone from out of state who changes my state's opinion, makes my state a cuck. The three counties of North Virginia turned an 8% Republican lead into a Democratic victory by several percent. That's cucking an entire state. And I'll grant you it's anecdotal, but out of the 34 adults that live in my neighborhood, 60 are from northern states, which, once again makes Virginia cucked. I have no reason to believe that my neighborhood isn't indicative of Northern Virginia, where both my neighbors to my left are from Pittsburgh, both my neighbors to my right are from New England, and both my neighbors two doors down are relatively newly moved in from San Francisco. Even my own family: my dad is from Camden, New Jersey (which is why I root for Da Iggles.).
I'll admit it's my own experience, but factually NoVa cucks the rest of Virginia, and from my anecdotal experience, most of those NoVAns are from the north. user #1 was right, it's literally a yankee colony that cucks the rest of the state.
10/10 I replied in full to your bait pic. But your (wrong) kind won't get anymore (you)s from me.

>34 adults, 60 are from
I mean 68, There's 34 houses. I'm quite intoxicated at this point, it's no longer the midday. My bad.

The worst civil war battle per capita bloodshed is Shiloh, which is in Tennessee
The most important Civil War battle is obviously Gettysburg which is in Pennsylvania

The war stayed in Virginia all four years. Once Grant won Shiloh, the Confederates never went back to Tenneseee. Gettysburg is practically the only point of the war where both armies are above the Mason-Dixon Line.

In practically every year of the war generals are marching all over Virginia and chasing each other. Despite never surpassing the actual death counts of those two battles (Spotsylvania, Chancellorsville, Fredericksburg, and 2nd Bull Run come close) it is not an overstatement to say "Virginia was the main theater of the Civil War".

Also, Antietam is probably the most gore per capita.

even the college teams are just yes men to the nc schools