New paper claims that the MEME Drive doesn't defy Newton's 3rd law after all

>MEME Drive works
>doesn't defy the laws of physics
>whites can finally leave earf to the Kangs and mudshits to burn to the ground

sciencealert.com/new-paper-claims-that-the-em-drive-doesn-t-defy-newton-s-3rd-law-after-all

Other urls found in this thread:

emdrive.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RF_resonant_cavity_thruster
gizmodo.com/5957697/super-fast-space-travel-would-kill-you-in-minutes
helsinki.fi/~aannila/arto/emdrive.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>memedrive
>happening
Wait wat.

>"The EM drive operates by the same principle, for example, as a jet engine, where the high speed exhaust gases backwards (opposite reaction) push the airplane forwards," one of the researchers Arto Annila, told ScienceAlert

>According to the researchers, the exhaust being blasted out is actually light, or more specifically, photons that have become paired up with another out-of-phase photon in order to shoot out of the metal cavity and produce thrust.

>According to Shawyer's calculations, that could produce enough thrust to blast humans to Mars in just 70 days, and potentially even help us reach the next Solar System, Alpha Centauri, in just 92 years, all without the need for heavy, expensive rocket fuel.

TO THE STARS

MAKE SPACE GREAT AGAIN

U N C O M M O N
N
C
O
M
M
O
N

>breaking news, mudslime ISIS agents steal EM drive blueprints, use new model to crash faster planes into buildings

Wouldn't inertia crush you or it's just not a thing in space ?

S C A R C E

C

A

R

C

E

Fill me up senpai, what's that"?

*facepalm*
The momentum is built up over time. The acceleration would be equivalent to a couple sheets of paper weighing (with earth:s gravity) on the back of the ship

>>MEME Drive
wat

Wouldn't it take weeks to reach top speed then ?

Meme drive is supposed to be just that, meme, but after all, it's Current Year, and meme magic is making things alive

Just another pipedream.

Until we bring back project Orion, we're not getting out of the solar system.

>microgravity
>Zero-G
>Space is a vaccuum with barely any pressure

you wot m8

> be white race
> invent faster than light travel
> get murdered by shitskins before it can be used
> shitskinds enter eternal dark ages

Years

>10,000 years from now they worship the MEME drive and create a century of bloodshed over what people believe it means

>There will be religious wars over Spurdo Sparde and Pepe
>ywn participate in the Great Meme War
JDIMS

There's no such thing as top speed in space. Other than the speed of light of course.

Something that can get us to mars in 70 days

It makes no sense and became a meme on /sci/ except less than a year ago China proved it worked. NASA and all the western "experts" promptly jumped all over it in a desperate attempt to save face after laughing it off as pseudoscience since 1999.

>>According to Shawyer's calculations, that could produce enough thrust to blast humans to Mars in just 70 days
why does it have to be rockets and space?

Actual physicist here:

Nope. Trust me if this garbage actually worked you would be hearing it trumpeted from the mountain tops.

There's a reason the chinese, after 10 years of trying it with bigger and bigger prototypes, gave up and closed the research project.

There's a reason eagleworks hasn't released a paper saying it works: because that's not what they were studying. The guys at eagleworks are essentially using this as an opportunity to get better equipment and test testing methodologies.

Nobody thinks it works. Stop posting this garbage clickbait. You're confusing the morons.

Thank you

what's next?

cold fusion ain't real?

air and gravity have a tendency to slow things down. i would think an Austrian would understand this. you're probably an achmed, though.

>muslims use memedrive to crash meteor into skyscrapers at 0.9c

holy shit, you really don't understand vast distances, do you.

we're talking 26 TRILLION miles to alpha centauri. to get there in 92 years gives me a massive boner. i'd even settle for 200 years.

Actual physicist here:

This guy is full of shit. Don't listen to him.

It's a dumb question, because speed can be built up gradually, but your response is equally dumb.

If you were to boost to a higher speed in a very short moment, Newton's law (an object at rest stays at rest) would kick in and you'd feel an immense amount of g-force in an instant as your body tried to stay immobile.

It is a device that can be produced in an average garage out of 50's era technology that can theoretically give us flying cars, cheap spaceflight, and hoverboards.

It was invented by a Brit engineer literally out of old microwaves and telecom equipment in 2000, and we have no fucking idea how it works. OP's source is merely one of many ideas of how it works; NASA, the University of Beijing, MIT, etc etc, all have different explanations. All we know for now is that it is the holy grail of engines: it converts electricity into pure thrust, no propellant required, and is apparently endlessly scaleable.

Currently, even in it's shit, weak state it obsoletes all existing ION drives in efficiency. When they say it could "get us to Mars in 70 days", that is only at the current efficiency. Theoretical improvements to the design, such as the integration of superconducting materials, could see a hundred thousand fold increase in power. The upper limit of the system is something on the order of 30kN/kW: meaning the power supplied to a microwave oven could lift a car.

If speculation about Emdrive turns out to be true, then we are literally star trek nao.

emdrive.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RF_resonant_cavity_thruster

desu, from a personal standpoint it's perfectly the same if it's 97 or 200 years

Holy shit I am now a #cruzmissile

Actual physicist here:

Both of these guys are full of shit.

Don't listen to them.

Thanks for the briefing ameribro

Fuck, I am now #withher

Non-Physicist here

This guy is right

Hes not completely full of shit. The technology works but barely. Definitely needs to be looked into though.

Another actual physicist here, I have no clue what's going on

#cruzmissle here, I know how to move a rocket

This.

Though I only believe a project Orion would be feasible if it's constructed in space and we use Elon Musk's System of getting stuff in orbit cheaply.

>Arto Annila

But in all seriousness this is very interesting news.

actual physicist here, dubs if relativity is wrong

RELATIVITY IS BASED OFF BENIS

what about debris in space that could fatally damage space ship? how to repel them from ships surroundings?

>50's project
We could use nuclear propulrion only if we needed to escape Earth right now, other than that it's technologically obsolete.

once you are in interstellar space, the amount of debris is basically nil. so, out past the oort cloud.

I consider this the biggest problem for high speed travel.

Once they've got this all figured out, I reckon they'll figure out how to warp space and time around the ship.

Problem solved :)

what the fuck does the text say?

think he wants robot arms to catch debris lel

Please, take me with you, I want to love these dindus behind as well. I'll gladly serve you on your journey to unknown stars!

Radiation is more of a problem for high speed travel than hitting debris

gizmodo.com/5957697/super-fast-space-travel-would-kill-you-in-minutes

okay, but here's the important question

when am i getting my real life star wars speeder?

>implying the jews won't be the ones colonizing new planets and taking their chosen goy servants with them
it's all over. it's too late.

You won't even leave your parents basement

You say that as a bad thing but we non-whites would love for snowchimps to leave.

No, it straight up doesn't work.

I swear to fucking god you guys are as bad as the anti vaxxers.

This is the infancy of warp drive, mark my words.

We are literally the first generation to be a space faring civilization. Our children will live all over this solar system.

This is technology that can be improved exponentially, 70 days to mars today is 1 week in 10 years and 13 hours in 20 years.

92 years to alpha centauri today is 40 years in 10 years and 2 years in 20 years.

We are literally modern-day New World settlers, rev your engines, time to get off this shithole and start anew.

>leaving earth behind

Nah lad, we're going to expand but we'll have our homeland again.

Memedrive will never work.

It's been around since 2001 and it hasn't done shit.

It didn't do shit in 2015, it's not doing shit in 2016, it definitely won't do shit in 2017.

the feeling is mutual

You're going to be really disappointed you fucking no education mongoloid NEET.

we haven't fully understood how even it worked, how the fuck were we supposed to do shit with it if we didn't know whether or not it worked

It DOESN'T WORK you godamn moron. ASK. LITERALLY. ANY. ONE. WHO. WORKS. IN. THE. FIELD.

IT IS A MEME.

>doesn't defy physics after all
>waiting for approval from established scientific establishment
>if the fucking drive works then it works and its your science that is wrong

like the guys who wrote the article above and tested it?
Alex I'll take people who don't know shit about shit for 500

> make meme drive work
> niggers and mudshits demand free flights
> racist n shiet
> give special flights to nigger mudshits
> send them to the sun

PROFIT!

The paper is fucking OLD. And it's WRONG.

helsinki.fi/~aannila/arto/emdrive.pdf

>Doesn't understand QFT or how photons are described therein

>Claims analogy with diffraction pattern experiments. This is untrue.

>Claims emdrive expels photons (outside of something like thermal radiation). This is just stated and never justified. There is no reason to think this.

>Doesn't understand virtual photons
Seems to strangely and incorrectly equate curvature of spacetime with wavelength.

>Goes off and starts talking about the vacuum and equivalence principle in a way that seems to indicate he doesn't understand either:

Jet engines will never work.

It's been around since 1930 and it hasn't done shit.

It didn't do shit in 1939, its not doing shit in 1940, it definitely won't do shit in 1941.

The easiest way for you to avoid seeing us anymore is by killing yourself.

I can't wait for this meme to die.

It's worse than the Steorn/orbo bullshit. Jesus christ.

point me to a paper that disproves the thrust produced plox

Disproves what you fucking moron?

There's nothing to fucking disprove.

Or do you have no understanding of how the scientific process works? Of course you don't because you're a fucking idiot who loves clickbait and thinks it's real.

There's another identical thread in the catalog

Sliding of british MP?

> tests a propulsion system that produces thrust
> doon't understand what causes the thrust

ITS UNSCIENTIFIC ABANDON IT, STOP THE TESTING IMMEDIATELY

YOU ARE ALL RETARDED. READ THE FIRST FUCKING SENTENCE

>Physicists have just published a new paper that suggests the controversial EM drive - or electromagnetic drive - could actually work, and doesn't defy Newton's third law after all.

>could actually work

IT DOES NOT WORK. IT HAS NEVER WORKED.
From article linked in the main article about the thrust
>so far none of these results have been peer-reviewed, and it can't be ruled out that the thrust isn't the result of some type of experimental error

> in response to an unpublished paper, which claimed that the propulsion seen in earlier trials of the EM Drive were a result of Lorentz force – which means the force generated by interactions between the EM Drive and the Earth's magnetic field.
Not getting anywhere outside of a planetary magnetic field IF it worked... which it dosnt... not in any meaningful way.

admits that there are still traces of contamination caused by thermal expansion in the system,
The experiments are not even done properly...

FUCKING READ THE ARTICLES

MEMEDRIVE = SHIT

>2094
>shitposting from Mars with your planetary flag

But senpai anglos r dumb!!

>just 92 years

Pepe wins.

The drive is useless and every invention in the direction that will come in the future.

We are stuck on this rock and our solar system. Deal with it.

>whites can finally leave earf to the Kangs and mudshits to burn to the ground
>implying progressives aren't trying to spread the parasites into space
space travel should be the last thing on our minds given the current situation of our countries

how fuckin rare would it be to see a poster with this flag

gais, right now innovation is doomed, people in general want to make money out of thin air, not innovate shit, look at china, you would think with all those people they would have innovated something by now, but they haven't.

my question is, can this be the innovation the planet needs? governments right now are running around with their heads cut off, no innovation, how will you have jobs for the future? I doubt very much you will have screw turning jobs left once robots and driverless cars get on the road.

can this be it?

>getting this mad

OK, does this mean that a situation like pic related, it just a few years off?