Olympia music scene > Seattle music scene

Olympia music scene > Seattle music scene

Oly is a meme town

>made a whole new genre for self-congratulatory college kids with no talent that continues to inspire dipshit underages with no talent to this day
>terrible singer
>even Kurt fucking Cobain, perhaps the most caustic and bitchy man in all of rock, called him on his shit
>bitches to no end about sexism and racism even though he's a huge classist who created gentrification: the genre
Calvin Johnson is the original soyboy. Fuck him, fuck his band, and fuck your city.

Twee predates Beat Happening
Also Beat Happening is good

Name 5 bands active in olympia today

kill all rock stars > k

Seattle
>AiC
>Nirvana
>Mudhoney
>Green River
>Sunny Day Real Estate
>Soundgarden
>Pearl Jam

Olympia
>Beat Happening
>...

>0 good bands
>1 good band
Made me think

>Beat Happening
>Bikini Kill
>The Microphones
>Old Time Relijun
>Sleater-Kinney
>Unwound

Made me think about how Beat Happening are the Shaggs of the 80s

>he doesn't get the Shaggs either
Lmao senpai just keep digging that hole retard

>admits he listens to meme music
Lmfao to you my lad

Some Velvet Sidewalk are good too

>I'm gonna dismiss this music as a meme because I am unintelligent, do not come to Sup Forums for music discussion, and have probably been here

Olympiafags must think they’re too cool to namedrop

>album known for being bad
>but its good guys trust me
Just kys my guy

>town of 50,000 people has less of a thriving arts scene than a town of 700,000 people
Hmm I'm really thinking right now oh yeah my neurons are firing!

>made a whole new genre for self-congratulatory college kids with no talent that continues to inspire dipshit underages with no talent to this day
hey, don't blame them for the fact the bands couldn't capture the magic
>terrible singer
in terms of technique, yes, but who care about that?
>even Kurt fucking Cobain, perhaps the most caustic and bitchy man in all of rock, called him on his shit
this one i didn't know (and it's not really much of an argument), but i'm intrigued. didn't kurt like beat happening?

Well see you're wrong in that it's known for being bad but again you've been on Sup Forums a month at most so you really don't know enough about music to hold accurate and informed opinions

No good artists come from Eastern Washington...

>tfw Portland
ahhh that's better

Kurt liked Beat Happening and played on some of Calvin's records but Calvin was straight edge and called him out for being a junkie loser and Kurt got his feelings hurt and cried about it in his diary

>didn't kurt like beat happening?
Afaik yeah Kurt was less part of Olympia scene as much as he was the prototypical Olympia-fetishizing hipster

Mortiferum, Sinkholes, Merkury, Fauna, Huldrekall

+Ekstasis, Military Bass, Conniptor, With the End in Mind, Wolves in the Throne Room