Have you ever lost interest in an album?

Have you ever lost interest in an album?

Was it because of your mood or your taste has changed? Or was it because you got sick of it?

pic related used to love now it's extremely meh

Well that actually may be an exclusive SILY thing, because the exact same thing happened to me.

Used to claim it was one of my favorite albums of all time. Now it's just a holder of pretty memories, but I can't listen to the whole thing again without thinking "hey, this isn't as good aa I remember."

Basically all Sup Forumscore now i listen to only lofi study beats to chill by 24/7

I’m afraid to be you guys. This is my absolute favorite album and i put it on when i’m feeling low. Fuck am i really not gonna like it eventually?

Huh. Maybe it will be more fun if I re listen in a couple months.

But yeah. It's just not as exciting as the first like 20-30 times I've listened to it.

All the time. Are there people that don’t grow out of things? It’s always less of a bummer than it sounds, you just replace it with something else you love

My biggest personal one is Pixies. Was my favorite band at 18-19, 23 now and they do nothing for me outside of a few songs

idk maybe you'll be better than us

stop shit talking SILY you're invading my comfort zone

aka endtroducing

i think this is an avalanches only thing that's really fucking weird, i don't really lose interest in albums but this and wildflower both died off for me

you can only listen to the same thing so many damn times before your brain gets pig sick of it

I kinda lost my love for the Avalanches when they cancelled their set at Chicago's Pitchfork fest ONE HOUR before they were set to go on. I blew over 150 bucks on tickets and driving out just to see them. Left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I get that shit happens and it sucks that their rapper got sick but Robbie and Tony were both okay. Even if they went on stage and pressed play on a laptop, I would have been satisfied. Kinda fucked their fans over. I knew a lot of people who only went to Pitchfork that day to see them.

Actually, the same thing happened to me a few years ago. Not trying to scare you, but shortly after, I stopped liking any music, and then just got anhedonia. I was depressed for like 3 years, and then luckily recovered. I have revisited SILY since then and I loved it again.

I've had off weeks where music stopped being interesting. 3 years sounds like torture. Glad you're out of that.

quality bait

Didn't really lose interest in pic related, but it used to be my favorite hip-hop album of all time and after years of listening to hip-hop I don't think it's even on my top 100

Same thing happened to me but I recently put it on and loved it probably just burnt out

i can still listen to electricity and get my rocks off but none of the other songs have the magic i used to feel

love that album cover.

grew out of a lot of music after early teen years and some stuff from my early twenties. pretty sure this is completely normal.

maybe its a plunderphonics thing? I used to love SILY, Endtroducing, all The Books albums... now I just don't find myself interested in them anymore. I could see myself going back to the books though possibly

this album, weirdly. I used to think it was such a step up from their s/t, but after Crack Up it suddenly felt very hollow, very Mumford and Sons-y. it's weird since I used to enjoy it specifically because it felt like Mumford but with actual meaning and depth. I didn't even like Crack Up that much, felt really pretentious somehow. oh well. Montezuma is still nice, and now I really enjoy Sun Giant and their s/t way more than I used to

what are your top five?