NU-METAL THREAD

Nu-Metal revival on Sup Forums is back and the soyboys are getting scared

>LEAD OFF TOPIC
Listening to Limp Bizkti's Results May Vary for first time...midway through....too much mellow shit but this track fucking rulled

youtube.com/watch?v=tGoTBuPVuyE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nczZ_f2hapY
youtube.com/watch?v=M6Ki0hePw78
youtube.com/watch?v=g-f4_pdjbko&list=PLkWYbnUT7cdd62l9SwppJCX3e_eQZBAZu&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=_-z6VYEKEaM
youtube.com/watch?v=oZnUGSE8ZF0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_metal
youtube.com/watch?v=19FOGcY2zFU
youtube.com/watch?v=GMk-8pmTpgU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i liked some of this crap. i have the album in the op but ive never listened to it. might give it a spin tonight..

Three Dollar Bill isn't that bad an album. I unironically listen to Counterfeit a decent bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=nczZ_f2hapY

This song is ridiculously fucking good

The instrumental component./Wes' riffs sound like a God-tier Godflesh song but instead of Justin Borland neckbeard screaming it's hilarious Fred Durst lyrics about protecting yourself during a home invasion

I wish I listened to more Mudvayne while I was into a nu metal. Some of their stuff is pretty catchy, but I barely listen to any of this stuff anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=M6Ki0hePw78

yo i never listened to these guy when i was into this garbage... gonna now tho. thanks for ruining my co-worker's week

youtube.com/watch?v=g-f4_pdjbko&list=PLkWYbnUT7cdd62l9SwppJCX3e_eQZBAZu&index=7

ITS JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS

Mushroomhead is pretty good, shame they'll live in Slipknots shadow their whole career.

youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=_-z6VYEKEaM
youtube.com/watch?v=oZnUGSE8ZF0

Three Dollar Bill Y'All$ - 8/10
Significant Other - 9/10
Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavored Water - 10/10
Results May Vary - 7/10
Smelly Beaver / RMV2 (Demos & B-Sides) - 6/10
The Unquestionable Truth Part 1 - 6.5/10
Gold Cobra - 9.5/10
it's stupid that they ever got associated with slipknot just cause they have a lot of members and wear masks. the music is completely different and a lot of it sounds like AOTY-era faith no more.

Thank you based Bizkit bro, your 7/10 got me to check out Results May Vary

Still not a lot of songs that will make my playlist, but it's overall pretty chill. Still way too down tempo/bloated but "Gimme the Mic" is a Bizkit classic imo, "Phenomenon" is also really cool, both make my Bizkit playlist so a listen wel had

i like creamer a lot

That's the comfiest sounding track on album

I like the vibe it gives more than the song itself, but that prob doesnt make sense

what is the LLN of nu metal?

the what

Was there ever a city that had a notable nu-metal scene? I feel like most nu-metal bands come from bum-fuck nowhere states.

who is the quorthon of nu metal

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_metal

Pretty based entry desu

youtube.com/watch?v=19FOGcY2zFU

Reminds me of Mister Bungle

if you want mr bunghole check out mushroomheads first 2 albums

are they good or just similar?

Anything as cool and funky as pic related?
Also what are some good obscure stuff? I checked out the chart that was posted here a few times but I still want to find more funky nu metal.

damn, talking about this ofc

similar. not sure if they're good because they're not my thing.

WAKE UP

>"We've really moved away from anything that sounds like nu-metal. I know that we kind of helped create, I guess, the sound of that genre, but I hate that genre. I'm not going to speak for everyone, but I can personally tell you that I am not a big fan of almost everybody in that category. There are a few bands that I don't really believe belong in there, and we're one of those bands."
Chester Bennington of Linkin Park on the style of Minutes to Midnight.[290]

And nothing of value was lost. Sad!

for some reason today i remembered the band Coal Chamber and decided to listen to on of their albums i used to own in the 90s (chamber music). i forgot how much it fucking sucks and how shit it is. i still like old deftones stuff though, are they numetal?

yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=GMk-8pmTpgU

imagine how caucasian you'd have to be to listen to nu-metal unironically, fucking neckbeards

t. self hating white guilt numale

lol no they fucking aren't do you know anything about metal? They are about as alternative metal as you could get next to SOAD nothing "nu" about them.

Fuck you nigger ass soy boy

>NOOOOO THEY CANT BE NU-METAL I CANT BE A FAN OF NU-METALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Death Grips a my favorite nu metal band. Anyone fuck with ICP?

Considering I actually don't mind a lot of nu-metal your post is extremely invalid. But calling Deftones nu-metal is actually hilarious

I think it’s hilarious u kids talk shit about deftones

Anyone fux with Static-X

I think it's hilarious u kids think deftones are any better than any other nu-metal bands

I think it's hilarious u kids think any other nu-metal bands are any better than deftones

We don't

alternative metal is nu metal

>it's the nu-metal shill again
i'm honestly impressed by your determination

nah brah
deftones is nu-metal without the macho silliness, fun riffs and hooks, and group of friends who know all the lyrics
it's nu-metal for soyboys and lonely Sup Forums kids
it's nu-metal but boring

Just realized the starfish has an asshole

deftones is nu-metal but less cringier

That is easily a contender for worst album cover of all time.

Forget about the music for a second, right off the bat the cover itself is a 0/10

i wonder how it smells haha

cringing is basically the same as being triggered. stay triggered, tumblerina

why was this so good and why do the rest of their albums consist of 50-90% filler

>it's nu-metal but boring
but that's nu-metal plain and simple

I've always honestly thought results may vary was underrated, even the mellow stuff like "build a bridge" and "let me down"

KEEP FORCING THE MEME SO THIS BECOMES A CLASSIC

Hand me a tissue cuz I'm a pussy with issue

>7 Words isn't cringy

All nu metal is alternative metal, but not all alternative metal is nu metal

* fucks your record *
* fucks your people *

nu-metal is the pseudo-manly bullshit I imagine people listening to who use the term "soyboy". Incubus is cool though