bane

DEAD ROACH STORAGE

Reservoir Dogs : A Mister Pink Story

Art gallery robbing gone horribly wrong

"I was the ISIS, Daniel"

TELL ME ABOUT ALEPPO
WHY DOES IT HOLD THE MODERATES?

>The Dark Knight Rises is all about someone who's a big guy

A number of cinematographic techniques are employed to create depth and a more dynamic image.

The foregound, middleground, and background all contrast with other in tone and character. Foreground has a dead man, middleground has a violent man, and the background has a row of paintings. The background represents youth. Notice how all the paintings are of generally basic images, like a cityscape. To many adults, that's just another sight. But to youth, its a thing of beauty. These paintings are how the young see the world.

But as we get older, we start to see the world as less artistic and more monotonous. The rest of the image is very black and white. The terrorist represents how we are fed up with the world as adults.

The dead man of course represents our final moments. Notice how he looks very similar to the terrorist in dress, but fatter and more dead. He's what becomes of adults who wish to return to youth. Him lying there resembles someone sleeping. His body is also pointed up towards the paintings -- his desire to return to the paintings in dream and in death.

Truly, L'ambassader is pure, pure kino.

test

[interior Art Gallery]
[cut to Ambassador's body on the floor]
[Pan to Roach shoes]
[Indistinct shouting heard in background]
[Smash cut to Roach belt]
[Shouting becomes increasingly more distinct]
[Smash cut to framed shot of roach face]

[Internal Dialogue]

Roach: Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got here right about now

3deep5me

these posts remind us why Sup Forums is a good board

I think you are on to something really important, that is the convergence of art and document, specifically within the genre of photography.
The job of contemporary art today is (mostly) to critically consider and challenge the systems in which we live: deconstruct axioms.
Photography, by virtue, is always trying to re-represent reality as faithfully as it can.
How then can photography act as contemporary art while its main function is to try and solidify and fix 'the real' instead of challenge and purpose something new?
I think the answer is in your comment about the 4th wall, but I think a better term might be 'a resistance' built into the image. Something inherent in the image that forces the viewer to think of the larger systems surrounding the subject matter of the photograph and the act of photographing itself: in this case, it's the art space in which this photo is taken and the photographs on the wall behind.
While I think this photograph has many formal elements that fit current conventions for composition and style, what truly makes this photograph powerful is the allusion to the entire system of photography and media-mediated violence.
Only a handful of people saw this act with their own eyes, while the vast majority of the developed world are experiencing this violence through the photographs and video that was taken. Most of what we know of the world, especially what we know of war and violence we learn through images.

This photograph is a great example of the current research I've been doing, looking at the value of documentary and art being joined together. It also us to look at the specific (the assassination of the Russian ambassador) and the expansive (an entire system of violence and how it is conveyed through media).

Also love how you link the practice of photography with violence and death, Sontag and Barthes would be proud!

It's everything baudrillard wrote about coming true with a vengeance. War and political violence have become so hyperreal that the simulation is reality.

You're responding to a pasta.

you got played, now you're responding to a pasta

the young turks

hmm...

>close up shot of Putin's mouth as he says "Do it" into an old red phone.
>cut to a MIRV launching from a silo in the middle of a forest, POV camera as it reaches it's final destination accompanied by some Russian sympathy music
>Skyline view of Ankara, a bright hot flash, a big red mushroom cloud
>Fade to black

That would actually be a good ending. I wonder if this turkroach really did pull of a gavrillo or if this is just another non-event that gets Sup Forums going "MUH HAPPENING!"