God damn, what a movie

God damn, what a movie.
Looks like I won't be sleeping any time soon.
Oh, and why is the guy in pic the posterchild for the movie? He only appeared for like 10 seconds and didn't do anything special.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_reset
youtube.com/watch?v=BkhNED3-mnI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The world afterTrump.

nukes dont exist

Isn't Hillary the one that wanted war?

>why is the guy in pic the posterchild for the movie?
think hard, user. 'traffic warden' - symbol of petty authority in the old world - now thrust into a post-nuclear hellscape. what dots does that form in your mind? how do they connect?

why does he wear a partial mask?

What's the appeal of this movie? Isn't it just some shitty made-for-TV jawn?

>Oh, and why is the guy in pic the posterchild for the movie?

Because the image is haunting

I watched it last night, it never fails to give me shitty nightmares.

Not because I'm a pussy but I have anxiety and I'm obsessed with post-apocalyptic anything

The War Game is really good too, it's like threads-lite just stay away from fail safe that movie is a boring piece of shit

that's what Russia wants you to think

FUARK yasssss dude, this movie is so scary, yo!!

I'm glad it's such a unique small film that only true intellectuals like us on Sup Forums understand it. FUCK dude...it's SO scary...Like I watch a lot of horror movies and FUARK yo this one was scary...

>dat atmosphere
>dem scary spooky
>dat nuclear bombs
>dat feeling of dread
>dem senses of scaryness
>dat scene with dem nuclears

fuck....dude this movie got to my core, yo....
I think i'm one of the first people to be really scared by this older, more obscure movie so that I can bring it up in public when these sheeple thin they see scary movies....

..it's not comfy or cuhrayzee at all yo....

What's funny is you're attempting desperately to denounce a good movie only because it's one of the few movies along with The Thing we can realistically discuss here but I need to point out how pathetic of a human you need to be, to take onus with something like this and put effort into ruining it for the rest of us.

Do you have a cunt? Do you just swoop in and ruin man fun? lol fuck off loser

A realistic portrayal of an atomic attack and the aftermath during the height of the cold war in a country full of people with living memories of the blitz.

Yeah dude....fuck that guy....seriously what the fuck is wrong with these retarded drumpfkins.......

I always found the image pretty striking. Just a normal traffic warden ticketing cars before the bombs. Then shortly before the bombs they're using them as supplementary police, after the bombs he's got a rifle in his hands and is under orders to shoot his countrymen for looting food so he can get his ration of 1,000 calories a day. All while being burned up af.

No

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_reset

Why do you make this 'Threads' thread every day?

notice also how he's still wearing his uniform, even after the bombs have dropped: by now it's got to be pretty manky, so let's assume he's wearing it despite any comfort issues. is he the petty 'little hitler' type who frankly enjoys holding power and maintaining order over the plebes? does wearing the uniform, even after the old world was swept away in a nuclear hellstorm, provide him with a sense of pride? purpose? - or maybe he's digesting how the only difference between him and the people in his rifle's sights is the cap he wears on his head; which is somewhat different from having to deal with a BMW parked on double-yellows, before coming home to egg and chips, putting the little 'un to bed, and climbing into bed with his wife.

>realistic
nope, it's actually not that accurate
In terms of the stuff immediately around the attack it is, but the years-after bits are ridiculously unlikely. We'd recover much more than is portrayed in the film

America is the country that has military bases surrounding Russia
Russia supports majority ethnic diaspora in Crimea as they wish to become part of Russia
West accuses Putin of invading Ukraine
Russia is le bad guy

Why the fuck shouldn't he? There's about 30 Star Wars threads as we speak and you thread asking who would make a good Kim Possible. Why shouldn't there be threads about films that are actually good?

>We'd recover much more than is portrayed in the film

[citation needed]

He's* also the boring little cunt making all the Star Wars threads.

*You're

It's a pretty striking image, innit?

>Looks like I won't be sleeping any time soon.

Is this a meme? We're not even in the Cold War anymore. It's a scary movie and a scary world, sac up faggot.

>not because im a pussy
>has anxiety

Well, why wouldn't we? There is absolutely no reason to suggest that we'd be hand-farming in the hills 20 years after the bombs dropped, let alone the idea that kids would not be able to speak properly for some reason. Illiterate serfs living in much worse conditions could speak just fine. That's without getting into the whole debate surrounding the accuracy of nuclear winter predictions.

The gist is that while it would be an absolute hell to live through, society would survive in the way it has survived calamities before. consider the Black Death, where society continued (albeit scarred) despite nearly half the population of Europe dying in the space of a year or so.

How the fuck would you know that?

spoken like a true teenager

"dude literally just willpower it away lmao"

>Akshully
Don't be that guy.

strap yourself in for this one: literally everybody has anxiety. you're just one of the few too pathetic to overcome it

user if you get freaked out over movies you're a big gaping pussy. That anxiety diagnosis is just a medical confirmation of your pussiness.

All the our theories on nuclear winters are so fucking outdated its embarrassing.

Truth is we don't know shit what would happen until it happens. All I know is I'll be running towards the blast to save myself from whatever bullshit comes after.

>America is the country that has military bases surrounding Russia

America has allies surrounding Russia who don't want to be attacked by Russia.

>Russia supports majority ethnic diaspora in Crimea as they wish to become part of Russia

Russia wants to restore Soviet-era borders whether the people living there like it or not.

>West accuses Putin of invading Ukraine

Maybe because Russia literally invaded Ukraine?

>Russia is le bad guy

Putin's Russia has consistently shown belligerence against the West in every way possible. From abductions to assassinations to proxy wars to actual shooting wars, Putin is creating these situations to reward the oligarchy and distract the poor.

what fucking language are some of these people speaking in this? the poor people are like hobbits or some shit .. is that even English?

>subtitles enabled

Is threads the bleakest kino ever made?

>Failsafe is a boring piece of shit.

I didn't think so. I also really enjoyed the book. I think works like that were probably aimed to create greater public support for deterrence.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Russian and Chinese nuclear doctrine assumes that one can "win" a nuclear war, whereas American doctrine assumes no winners (and thus the objective of deterrence). Moscow's subway tunnels are blast shielded, and all their critical power grid elements are hardened against an EMP. The American public is not ready for anything like that...

Intelligence.

I never said that, and now I understand you lack reading comprehension and I'm done talking to you

suppose I can bump the thread though

When The Wind Blows is a great animated film too if anyone hasn't seen that. It's depressing as fuck

Grow up

You know how it's called Threads? There's a reason why. The world even then was so reliant on the different chains of supplies that if they were all to stop life would not be able to handle the change. Back in medieval times sure, a nuclear attack would make little difference, but not in modern times. It would collapse everything.

lol

Because it's me.

This person isn't me.

This is a meme repeated by braindead trumpcucks. In reality Trump is the most likely to start a war with his provocations around Taiwan.

>You know how it's called Threads? There's a reason why. The world even then was so reliant on the different chains of supplies that if they were all to stop life would not be able to handle the change. Back in medieval times sure, a nuclear attack would make little difference, but not in modern times. It would collapse everything.

I don't understand.

it's irrelevant

The majority of the world wouldn't have even been affected by a Warsaw Pact/NATO nuclear exchange. Latin America, most of Asia, practically all of Africa would have been effectively unscathed. That's what makes this doomsday shit so ridiculous. Like the rest of the world, including both east and west allies, would have just sat idly by and let Europe and NA descend into the Stone Age. It's absurd. And that's even assuming conditions would have been as bad as the film portrayed them, which is unlikely.

Also the thing with the children not being able to speak English is just flat out wrong and completely misrepresents how language acquisition works.

Do you understand the basic concept of infrastructure? That's what's destroyed by nukes first and foremost, the human cost is secondary.

It's like I'm really back in my contemporary drama class

>Russia wants to restore Soviet-era borders whether the people living there like it or not

And in this case, they do, because they're Russian

That does only prove that immigration / population transfer is a biological weapon

But technically Russia did nothing wrong if you're a supporter of "democracy" and "free movement"

The mainstream in the West just finds all of the above equally hard to admit so they paint the image of tanks and fighter jets running Crimea over instead

But infrastructure is a physical object, how can it be a concept?

Thank you for correcting the record!

>CTR
>still at it

What's it like having a the only candidate to lose the same election 3 times?
>2008
>2016
>2016 recounts

sometimes it's enjoyable to think about words and images, without hiding behind the shield of ironic unironic pepe memes and >greentext.

Worst attempted diversion, ever, cats.

Alright, so what do the nuked countries have left to trade with? Besides, the main economic powerhouses of the earth would have collapsed, which would crash every economy.

>mfw deadbeat CTR shills show up in this thread
Do you ever get tired of being so wrong?

>muh CTR boogeyman

Are you just pretending or actually retarded enough to believe everyone who disagrees with you is paid?

If Crimea held a referendum to become an independent state, or to become a part of Russia, then that would absolutely be an example of democracy and self-determination.

If Russia started negotiations with Ukraine to address the plight of ethnic Russians in Crimea then that would also be somewhat acceptable by international norms.

What actually happened was very different, it was nothing short of an illegal invasion.

That's like saying Nigeria is justified in taking southern france because of how many ethnic diaspora live there

How much does being a Russian shill pay?
Do they just do it for free?

this, i hate when people idolize putin, when they guy is easily one of the most corrupt presidents around.
russia is in a shithole a very big one, cities of druggies/alcoholics all need to get back on their feet and back to work, instead of actually investing in these people though hes just given them a common enemy the liberal west

What's that CTR? I'm having a hard time hearing over all this WIN

Actually unless you live in one of the major urban centres of a nuclear state, you would probably be fine. Target priority in a nuclear war works something like this:

1) Known nuclear launch facilities: prevent their enemy from doing anything on this list to you. Almost all of these facilities are out in the middle of nowhere, so there would be a low number of casualties initially. Long term casualties could be very high, however, if this results in widespread contamination of agricultural land.

2) Military and political command: prevent the enemy from launching a coordinated nuclear or conventional retaliation. Extremely high civilian casualties as urban centres will be targeted.

3) Secondary nuclear sites. Things like runways for heavy bombers, facilities that might be storing old nuclear weapons or nuclear material, facilities that can manufacture nuclear weapons. Again, low casualties as these places are left out in the middle of nowhere.

4) Massed conventional forces.

5) Major population centres. Inflict the most possible damage possible to force the enemy to surrender, and by this point things are already pretty ugly.

But here's the issue: there are not enough nukes. Even at the end of the Cold War, when the world's combined nuclear arsenal was at its all-time high, the total area that these nukes could cover was (at best) still less than 10% of China.

All-out nuclear war would be devastating and - in the long term, including effects like starvation - perhaps a billion people would die. But it certainly wouldn't kill off the human race or sterilise Earth as some people fear.

This also depends on the type of bombs used though. If it was regular atomics your scenario holds true.

>if it's massive hydrogen bombs and dirty bombs
>fuck

CTRs are very distinctive. We can generally detect your kind by the nonsense you spout when you go off-book.

Holyshit this board is fucking brain dead.

theres actually a limit to the bombs sizes because after a certain weight? they dont get anymore effective

There's a limit yes, but a ramjet bomber using Tsar Bomba's and Dirty Bombs would be world-ending power.

Nah, hydrogen bombs are super efficient, so there is a huge kill-zone at ground-zero but very little contamination.

Dirty bombs are just conventional explosives which spread nuclear material over a wide-ish area. Basically no damage up front, some casualties to radiation sickness later.

A bigger bomb will always make a bigger explosion, but past a certain point the blast is just going upwards instead of outwards.

Do you know how much the Tsar Bomba weighed, and how ridiculous a ramjet bomber would have to be to carry even one of them?

Again, dirty bombs are not serious weapons in a real nuclear war.

The actually scary version is a MIRV using an extremely high number of very low yield, like 10-20 kt, nuclear submunitions. Maximises surface area, minimises wasted blast, overwhelms enemy ABM defence.

Even taking a holiday on unrelated boards is chore for you eh, oppen?

Stop ruining my apocalyptic fantasies with your well-informed opinions.
>tho desu
>it'd be way easier to just use nukes to simultaneously ignite latent methane hydrate flats on the ocean floor
>some ppl just want to watch the world burn

It's Sup Forumscucks, they are literally that retarded.

Some are slavboos, others are contrarians, and the third group are literally russians that buy their own propaganda. Actual russian state sponsored shills are probably active but in a much smaller number than you'd think considering the retards that do it for free.

Ikr? Silly Sup Forumssters and their tinfoil delusions
>Hillary can still win via constitutional convention too drumpftards get rekt

>"don't use CTR as a scapegoat"
>immediately starts using the Sup Forums boogeyman
This thread is shit.

>boogeyman
>when pol retards in this thread even outright admit it

Three satoshi have been added to your wallet, comrade.

>Ukraine

no such thing

bluray fucking when?

also I think this is relevant to the thread

youtube.com/watch?v=BkhNED3-mnI

It wouldn't even require the entire arsenal to be fired to trigger an economic collapse that would result in billions of deaths.

No, the planet wouldn't be sterilized but that's an absurdly low bound.

Anyone who is dependent on anything that comes from more than a few miles away would be in very deep shit and that's a lot of people. Sure, parts of Africa wouldn't notice and a few other places here and there.

Because it sums up how utterly fucked you are when you've have to conscript traffic wardens to act as soldiers in order to maintain martial law in a desperate attempt to keep more than 75% of your population from starving to death.

Kek

Fuck don't remind me.

It's cloudy and cold outside.

It starts to get dark.

It starts to get cold.

I will believe you over the government planners, sociologists and nuclear experts they consulted for that film, because you argument of 'we'd be fine becuz I sez so' is so compelling.

Look at this faggot.

Am I supposed to just know what this movie is based on a 299x168 pic?

That's fucking brutal

Maybe America shouldn't have intervened with Ukraine's elections, then?

Proofs?

God, I hope I'm not on the loo when the hammer falls

Alex Jones told me.

the woman who pisses herself in this clip is Anne Sellors, her only role is in this 4 second shot. Yet if you google her name she comes up on IMDB as "Threads Woman Who Urinates on Herself"

Of course not, but that 299×168 picture has a filename which, if googled, could lead to something which MIGHT help you actually discover what the movie is.
Pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

You're overestimating the number of targets that would be hit.

As an example for America, the Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service did a study of two hypothetical nuclear attacks with 1200 warheads. One attack was split between industrial and military targets, and the other was focused only on economic targets.

In the Military and industrial attack, 77% of all food processing facilities were intact.
In the other attack focused on only economic targets, 74% of food processing facilities were intact.

There will be more infrastructure intact that you might think.

Wow, what a fucking legacy.
I bet her grandchildren are proud.

In the same place where you keep the proof of Russia's involvement in US elections

So it never happened? Glad we agree.