They didnt age that well

They didnt age that well

Yeah, two of them are dead already.

How so?

Poor man's Love. Arthur Lee had the talent, Jim had the white skin.

>Comparing Jim Morrison to Arthur Lee
>Comparing The Doors to Love
>Both bands signed to the same label

Yeah, comparing two 60s LA based psychedelic bands is so crazy

Normie

I still don't understand what it means when an album "ages bad". Care to explain?

Cool, you found a picture of a typical Doors fan.

>Love is better than the Doors

I know they're well known and all but Love better than The Doors? Trying too hard

Listen you little teenage fuck, name me three things that the Doors have over Love?

Jim Morrison was literally a brainlet drunk with high school tier poetry. Arthur Lee was a genius.

It means that when someone listens to so much new music that everything not sounding like it was made today with references to right now and the technology right now is bad because it's ''aged bad''. It was made in 1967, but people never say ''oh classical music has aged bad, it was made 300 years ago''. Typical pop fag thinking.

I don't agree with that. Yes some gen z shitters will act like anything not 'BLICKY GOT THE STIFFY UH' or 'IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES' is dated, but some things from 1967 for example sound timeless and some sound ridiculous like they were created for a fad (like Strawberry Alarm Clock). Don't get how you can put the Doors into the second category though

This board is too toxic for me to have a reasonable conversation with someone, and that someone not resorting to name calling instantly. But, let's say that Ray Manzarek is a keyboard player that did more for the Doors in terms of arrangement than anyone in Love did for Love. What Doors albums did you listen to?

Yeah, especially when their styles and approach are totally different from each other.
(Nice dubs, btw)

all of them you fat bean head

music for fat autists who wish they were cool

love is music for true music fans and not hipsters

ps that Doors poster makes your dad think you are a fag (GUESS WHAT HE RIGHT!!))

1. Ray Manzarek People talk about the "Genius" of Jim Morrison (Whatever that means) but Ray's keyboards really fleshed out The Doors' sound

2. A sense of literacy. The Doors used references to Shakespear and Greek myths in their lyrics. (Light My Fire, The End)

3. Poetry. OK so maybe it's not the best poetry, in fact, it kinda sucks at times, but at least Jim Morrison tried his hand at it.

Of course, all this being said I happen to like The Doors and Love both equally.

Maybe Love couldn't cover Moon Over Alabama, but then again, I don't think Jim Morrison could rock out a Burt Bacharach song like Arthur Lee either.

Are you the guy that keeps giving these preteen responses i see here all the time?

*tips hipster glasses*

says you lardass, go take your face for a shit

>Arthur Lee
Literally who

>music ages

Christ

To listen to the doors you have to be at least a little retarded. They have that awful Radiohead fakedeep syndrome but twice as badly

I wish Love got the radio airplay the Doors gets (on classic rock stations, of course). No wonder people don't know them anywhere near as well.
We'll take that as a "yes"

>He's never driven his convertible around with a cute gf at his side while blasting out Forever Changes or Foursail.

Sorry grandpa, but I don't know a single female specimen who has heard of some no-name nigger that hasn't been talked about anywhere for 50 years

>no-name nigger
Sorry you only like popular white men, hipster.

>like popular things
>hipster