Greg Ginn

Why is he so fucking awesome?

>awesome fucking guitarist
>founded SST Records, the best record label for punk/alt rock in the 80s when he was 12
>Led and wrote most of the songs for Black Flag
>made other bad ass bands like Gone
>produced minutemens paranoid time ep
>covered punk, HCP, alt rock, grunge

He is one of the best guitarists of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuwhnrvFM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Op here also

Christgau said he's the best noise rock guitarist since johnny thunders

lol fuck off old man

Greg's apparently kind of a dick, but he's a pretty cool guitarist, for sure

>christgau

I'm 22

Yeah he probably is, but still a great guitarist

Greg Ginn is a fucking hack and Black Flag blows. SST steaks royalties from bands and employed arguably the worst professional sound engineer of all time.

Listen to more punk and stop sperging over a pedophilic abusive scumbag with no talent.

>steaks
*steals

>Christgau
yikes!

>listen to more punk

I have, and a lot of it is shit. Very few actually progress and actually do experimentation on the level Ginn has

Greg Ginn didn't "do experimentation", he just can't play guitar.

Listen to more punk. There's been a whole lot released since the 80s!

He certainly did, you could never make a band like black flag or gone and make a rec label like SST

Off yourself pleb

>pleb
>thinks fucking Black Flag is the be all end all of punk music
>thinks SST was anything but an incompetently run scam that did nothing but hinder the careers of great bands and the success of great records
>literally quoted christgau
>make a band
>make

Greg Ginn is a talentless hack and a scumbag and everything good that happened around him happened in spite of him, not because of him. Listen to more music you normie dweeb.

>pedophilic
What the fuck are you on about?

Ginn is a real nasty piece of work but yeah he's a phenomenal musician when he wants to be.

his ex-wife says he would make comments about how hot his preteen daughters were all the time.

I bet you have the worst taste you soy fuck. What do you listen to? And you are wrong as well

>continues to spout memes instead of considering that perhaps he is not as knowledgable as he thought

lol christ you're like the worst case scenario of someone allowing Sup Forums to influence their taste

Tell me, young faggot, what do you actually know about the history of SST and how poorly it was run? What do you know about punk music outside of big names from the 80s? Have you ever even been to a show?

Also I want to say their production is no where near as bad as you claim it is. Dnotd, zen arcade/land speed sound great. You're overexaggerating.

I don't want to give a history lesson to you on my phone

Poorly run but good enough to give some of the best records of all time, the best album artwork

You will never find a hub like that was again. Stop trying to be a contrarian faggot

Every single record released on SST would have been better and reached a wider audience had another label put it out. You know nothing about punk music or how DIY culture functions. Also the Husker Du records are among the worst sounding slabs ever produced

Also there are plenty of "hub" labels active right now, but your autistic teenage ass doesn't recognize them as such because they don't have 30 years of Rolling Stone writers stroking them off

Doesn't matter theres always gonna be an Aaron goldblat to do things "better"

SST had a concentration of the best bands

>meme spewing Sup Forums babby
>worships hard left bands

Damn nigga you stupid

I don't even read magazines, I just listen to music and have been seriously since I was 17. Its OK I know your favorite band is underground and probably has like 50 views on YouTube, they're the best

>diy bands are only valid after 30 years if you like new music you're just a HIPSTER HAHA

you really should just shut up and listen to more music senpai you are in over your head

Not even a Sup Forumslack and the meme of Jewish involvement in media is very known and surface level

>Greg Ginn thread
>Nobody has posted that video yet

youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuwhnrvFM
Whoops.

Greg is creative

No you're acting like what we have going on now blows the old stuff out of the window. Very funny