Felt just like a old EU book

Felt just like a old EU book.

This movie is by far the easiest way to get into the new Extended Canon

Agreed

This shot is kino

Was it even in the movie?

No. The trailers hyped up Krennic as a well-composed, intimidating mastermind. In the film we get a raging manchild, as if halfway through shooting they decided to give all of Krennic's good moments to CGI Tarkin and Fan Service Vader.

I fucking love capes. Someone way cooler than me should make them fashionable again.

Krennic was always a manchild

I still can't believe just how much this book enhanced the movie. Felt nice actually giving a shit about Krennic and Galen

I think one scene with Vader got cut off though.

The one they used in second trailer where we see him turning back from that red computer something.

Also I was really looking forward to that scene where Krennic says "THE POWAH!" but I don't remember seeing it.

What did you expect when the emperorĀ“s right hand man (Tarkin) thinks lowly of you and his enforcer just doesn't care about your shitty machine

Apparently Vader originally killed Krennic

Call it fanservice but don't tell me you didn't enjoy watching Vader at the end.

It could have been slightly more Visceral, but Disney.

whyd they get the fargo and civil war guy to play this? ruins the film. all i can see when hes on screen.

Ben Mendelsohn is one of the the greatest working character actors

Why did Tarkin shit on Krennic the whole movie? You could tell he took a lot of pleasure in blowing him the fuck up too.

Extended colon

It took the best parts of the EU, just watched it the second time in theater, definitely improves the second time, only flaw in retrospect was the decision to blow up the data bank planet

Tbh this was shit and a letdown. Better than TFA but.....once again Phantom Menace was more creative (albeit worse acting/plot overall).

I enjoyed Doctor Strange more than this. Only good part was Vader going Tetsuo at the end.

Thats just how Tarkin is

I could understand Tarkin wanting to fuck the rebels and blowing Alderaan the fuck up but it seemed weird he had such disdain for his ally.

They're not allies, they're competing for the same position

The Empire is cutthroat as fuck and Tarkin is the better commander anyways, if the Empire wasn't fated to lose it'd be a good decision. Loved how they showed Tarkin being the composed taskmaster he is even when under pressure, and showed Krennic as an angry dumbass who blames his team for not doing anything when they are explicitly awaiting his orders.

Also Rogue One basically makes the destruction of the Death Star Krennic's fault.

>Also Rogue One basically makes the destruction of the Death Star Krennic's fault.
The Empire fell because Krennic trusted Galen.

He was literally the worst

Bump

Krennic was just a mild distraction for Tarkin; he knew that there was never any doubt that he'd lose the Death Star commander position. Krennic was an opportunity for another cool human villain in the Empire, but sadly Tarkin and Palpatine continue to remain the only interesting humans in the Empire.
I wonder if Hux will become interesting in VIII

I am calling BS a bit here, when Krennic arrives at TWO facilities and the forces there don't react until HE the guy who IS NOT their commander gives the order is retarded. He was not in command of the defences but he was the highest rank there. I would be pissed if the base was exploding and I was not the commander but had to give the fucking order to shoot back.

Rant over.

Gunna be honest I like Hux I hope they flesh that guy out if he survives further into the series.