NU-METAL REVIVAL

NU-METAL IS BACK faggots

Wes Borland was the most talented guy of the whole scene. Best guitarist, best stage persona, best artist

Limp Bizkit are legendary

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5_2OetVfA
youtube.com/watch?v=eniDa9xUDDs
youtube.com/watch?v=YtFe7ASS9Yg
youtube.com/watch?v=7416O7Df8lc
youtube.com/watch?v=Kvx1LuOEX0o
youtu.be/KuWc2u_cg5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Wes Borland was the most talented guy of the whole scene
>Blocks your path

Also nu-metal is dead name one nu metal album that came out in recent years that sparked some interest or attention

Chocolate Starfish definitely got some bangers on it. Probably the best LB album.

Too bad Fred Durst is the worst rapper I have ever heard and a 0/10 lyricist who genuinely thinks he's actually good

His voice/flow is cool but his lyrics ruined Limp Bizkit making songs like Break Stuff, Nookie and My Way unlistenable now

fuck off with this shit, nu metal was always a shit genre where the best bands that were "nu metal" wern't eve nu metal to begin with.

This is the best "Highschool Nu-metal kid starter pack"
prove me wrong faggots

>Rage Against the Machine
>Toxicity

>nu-metal

Mudvayne are too much of a second tier nu metal band to belong there

>name one nu metal album that came out in recent years that sparked some interest or attention

>Chocolate starfish and the hot dog flavored water

What did they mean by this?

bottomless pit

Do you just spam this thread every 4 hours dude

Relative Ash > From Ashes to New

This is the pinnacle of nu metal

What the fuck is with that album, though? Chocolate starfish and hotdog flavored water, with three naked men(?) on the cover? They're implying they buttfuck each other. If that's not what they meant, then they're retarded for saying something so unintentionally gay.

Whether you like it or not, nothing has even come close to topping this. It's the third best selling album of the current century and still relevant today.

that guitar is thicker than he is

No one gives a shit about sales. Hybrid theory is overrated as fuck. SCIENCE is on another level. Every member of incubus destroys their counterpart in L.P. in musicianship and originality

Limp Bizkit =Queercore icons

It's an archtop bruv

I don't even consider Incubus nu-metal. Alt rock at best. Korn is the best band, Hybrid Theory the best album.

do the kpop general fags just spam the same thread every 4 hours dude

Have you even listened to pre make yourself incubus?

>moving the goalposts
Ok bud. You're still wrong.

I know lol. I still cant believe he played those in front of 100W tremoverbs; that's insanity

Yes, they do.

>toxicity no the first album
>hot dog flavored water not significant other

literal poser.

Seriously the most underrated guitarist of the 90s

S.C.I.E.N.C.E is definitely a nu metal album

Of course normie radio shit like Morning View isn't nu metal, but Science had all the elements to be considered nu metal ie turntables, rapping, funk bass and downtuned guitars. The only thing holding it back from being Limp Bizkit is the fact Brandon Boyd never did the screaming thing

I'll agree with the smother ankns, this idea shit chart made by a soy poser

>Significant Other
>Not Three Dollar Bill, Y'all
Bait.

Your "In retrospect"/I was born in 1995 opinions do not matter. If you're younger than 30 you don't know whit about nu-metal.

>funk bass
Do Incubus have a good bassist? One reason why I like Limp Bizkit and Mudvayne is because their bassists are very prominent in the mix as well as having some great lines.

three dollar bill was a shit album with one single and one cover song.

I was born in 87, saw the family values tour. Fuck thyself

Their original bassist Dirk lance was better than bizkit, at least on par with Ryan martini from mudvayne. Ben Kenney is meh.

incubus is absolute fucking shit and not one of their songs has a memorable riff

>iowa not S/T

go to bed kid, it's a school night

SCIENCE era incubus was like limp bizkit on steroids
>vocalist can actually sing and rap with good lyrics
>bassist slaps and is groovy as fuck but it actually fits the music unlike mudvayne
>guitarist plays unique chords, uses perfect effects and isn't a meme like Borland
And so on

He did in fungus amongus but at that point they didn't have turntables so it was funk metal

>at least on par with Ryan martini
You've piqued my interest, what's the best album to check out for their early stuff?

You were in.. 5th or 6th grade?

>being this mad and wrong
Wes settle down, you've got 4 hours in make up soon

Have you even listened to S.C.I.E.N.C.E.?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5_2OetVfA
>hears Drive on the radio once

SCIENCE, then fungus amongus

dude no one gives a shit about incubus, you can stop spamming. they were average alt rock.

I was 12 in 99 man

He has a ton of bass solos in fungus amoungus check out songs like you will be a hot dancer, sink beneath the line, speak free and psychopsilocybin. I think those songs are where his bass playing really shows how great it is, But Science is the overall better album

Fuck you just reminded me how much funkier fungus is than science. Gotta relisten now

youtube.com/watch?v=eniDa9xUDDs
>this is alt rock
t. only ever heard Drive and Wish You Were Here

Where do i go after S.C.I.E.N.C.E.? Nothing else compares

Checked out the first song and that was really good, no idea they used to sound like that. Reminded me of RHCP a bit. Listening to Hilikus right now, killer bass line.

you're right. that's not alt rock. it's garbage.

Sorry man there is no where else you already reached the pinnacle of nu metal nothing else will ever compare

xD
yes. it's their only album that isn't completely abhorrent, but it doesn't really do anything new or anything better than its contemporaries. the guitar tone and vocals don't match the style of music at all and it ends up sounding just as disjointed as their other stuff at times. 7/10 at best

Yeah he's sick, probably one of the best bassists of that genre, if not the best. He left after morning view but still had great parts on every record, fungus and SCIENCE being where he shined

incubus is pretty much the onpy band to ever physically give me a headache after i listened to make yourself and their greatest hits compilation back to back. something is just so off about it.

Only real competition is Ryan Martinie. Sam Rivers is really good but not as good as those two and while Fieldy has a unique tone I wouldn't exactly say he's a great bassist. Can't think of any other worthwhile nu metal bassists aside from those four.

how accurate is this chart

Ryan's great, too bad he was stick with a subpar band. Same with Sam and really all of bizkit

>the real thing
Dafuck? Shit came out in 1989

Replace Korn's self-titled with Follow the Leader and add Papa Roach's Infest.

remove issues, incubus, rage against the machine, dangerkids and alien ant farm. replace mushroomhead s/t with superbuick. replace iowa with slipknot s/t.

Yeah, I know it's been said before but Limp Bizkit are absolutely brought down by the 0/10 writing and singing talents of Durst. The other guys are all really talented though, love the bass and drums in this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=YtFe7ASS9Yg

>listening to an Incubus album in 2018 that isn't Fungus Amongus or Science

at least start the threads with a better band
limp Bizkit blows chunks

there is nothing wrong with fred's vocals

replace Fundamental Elements with Satellite

Lifer's album was bretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=7416O7Df8lc

a third of those bands are not even nu-metal. did someone deaf made this?

could be considered proto nu-metal desu

I'd consider replacing Around The Fur with White Pony, but I suppose Around The Fur is way more of a nu-metal album than White Pony is.

It was a precursor to nu metal. Like Primus too.

The real thing is funk metal

What genre are Primus considered?

dangerkids is good though, they're like a better linkin park.

I think they're just under the "alt-metal" umbrella. Despite a bunch of their albums not being metal at all.

I think most critics consider them funk metal, though they could be prog, especially with the live jams. Antipop is a straight funk metal album.

I have this album on cassette from back in the day (pic related)

>funk metal
Is this what BSSM era RHCP would be considered as well?

shitty djent chugging and grr so angry metalcore vocals is in no way comparable to linkin park in either quality or style. there's only a vague connection between the two bands.

Funk rock for bssm. There's no real metal on there, just hard rock. One hot minute is definitely funk metal though

nobody was ever happy even though i made like 3 versions of this chart already. i should probably replace stuff like said. I'm not getting rid of rage, incubus, dangerkids, or alien ant farm though.

>navarro>frusciante

This album fucking owns

I TRIED TO GIVE YOU SUMMER

OP sucks cocks

Serious question: How are SOAD nu-metal? I love Toxicity but I don't see how that's nu-metal.

PROUD
PROUD IS TO HEAR IT ALL YEAH UH

youtube.com/watch?v=Kvx1LuOEX0o
Some of the stuff from the OHM era is heavy enough to be considered alt metal/proto nu metal, which makes sense since Jane's Addiction also sometimes fall under that category

youtu.be/KuWc2u_cg5A
>a challenger appears
AAF were super underrated. Their bassist was amazing.

OHM is the best chili peppers album

there are obvious nu-metal influences in SOAD's music, specifically toxicity.

>No Frusciante
>Best RHCP album
Aeroplane is their best song, though.

OHM>MM>BSSM>FS>UMPP>SA>S/T>BTW>TG> californication>IWY
this is fact

Not a bad list desu

Nu metal is a derivative of funk metal, alt metal and groove metal and is worse in every way. Even rapcore is better