ITT the OP is objectively correct

Daily reminders:

1) Dawn of the Dead is the best zombie film in what I shall refer to as "the modern era" (where the modern era of zombies in media is taken to start with Night of the Living Dead, 1968, continuing through the present).

2) Corollary of 1): Dawn of the Dead is the best film in the original Romero Dead trilogy.

3) Corollary of 1): Dawn of the Dead (1978) is a better zombie film than its remake, Dawn of the Dead (2004).

4) Notwithstanding 3), Dawn of the Dead (2004) is nevertheless a well-acted and entertaining variation on the original.

5) Despite containing some cool sets and an admittedly great title screen, Day of the Dead is far and away the worst entry in the original Romero trilogy. The constant cursing, Mary-Sue protagonist render the film interminable. It does not rescue the film's interest or believability at all to point out that these people have been pushed to the edge and so are behaving in a way (and sometimes in irrational ways) that is somewhat understandable, given their situation. In the end, it's just a chore to watch. There are almost no characters really worth liking anywhere in the film, whereas Dawn contains subtler, less cartoonish, more humane performances.

6) If you disagree with any of 1) through 6) inclusive, you are wrong.

HAT TRICK: 7) the creatures depicted in 28 Days Later, and the world that they create through their destruction, are as close to classical zombie film tropes as makes no difference. Therefore, the person who describes those creatures as /zombies-as-such/ does no wrong in doing so, and comes to no harm. If you disagree with 7), you are also wrong. [/SPOILER]

i ironically agree, even the aged effects has it's own charm, love the score as well.

I'm a sucker for movies about being alone in malls/supermarkets though so i'm biased

i like day more than night desu

Bullshit you're not excited for the Day remake directed by Romero though.
\
Dawn is great but Day is pretty dope on its own. Plenty of zombies and it take the concept to another level with cognitive zombies

I think Zombie Flesh Eaters (aka Zombi 2) is damn good and a serious contender

You are incorrect, it is a fact that Night of The Living Dead is superior to Dawn.

I live about 20 minutes from Monroeville mall. Still really cool to walk around the place and see how much the place has changed since the 70s

Most of what you said is correct but Day is a masterpiece.

Dawn = Day > Night >>> every other zombie movie Romero has made

The remake is better, just accept it and stop acting autistic

t. tasteless pleb

The original has great characters and interesting social commentary, the remake isn't bad but it's mindless action.

You might be right, but you're still a faggot, OP

All the original 3 are great but day has by far the most likable and believable characters, and the best dialog. Every line out of rhodes, steele, rickles and frankenstein is fucking hilarious. Though maybe not if you're a bit on the sensitive side as you seem to be going by your cursing complaint. The slow pace, great practical fx, claustrophobic atmosphere work perfectly too

I liked Day of the Dead more.

Thank you for your thoughtful replies in this thread. However, you are wrong.

More pointedly, throwing out raunchy/edgy quips does not a likable character make. If you genuinely find the characters in Day to be "likable" in any meaningful sense, without pushing the ad hom all the way to its conclusion, it does make me wonder what personal damage you have. And I say this being a slight edgelord myself.

I mean FFS go down the list:

-horse-faced Mary Sue who okay makes quasi-rational choices but fucks with the nebbish weakling and has no diplomatic tact, letting her mangled bf stick around just long enough to ruin everybody but her
-above mentioned scraggly weakling nutjob who takes the most masochistic way out
-fat old doctor now obsessed with his guinea pigs, not at all a noble man of science but a trapped former scientist amusing himself as best he can given the circumstances
-Snidely Whiplash hothead who is in point of actual fact a poor leader, did literally something wrong (despite his affected concern for security, which is at least correct) and abandons his men
-John Goodman and the other cucks as the unfunny oaf brigade

What's left in terms of actual humanity is Mr. Bean and Bob Marley, but even their humanity is tolled by this point, to the point of a nihilism. And no, it's not cathartic, it's not "the point". It's just the awfulness of their situation which makes the whole thing such a chore to go through.

>ZOMBI 2
>ZOMBI 2
>ZOMBI 2

The shark fight and 1970s New York are cool, but you are wrong. You get the same retro-cheese in the soundtrack with Dawn.

sounds like a matter of taste then. All the things you complain about in day work well for me. But I found the characters in dawn to be underwritten, boring and cartoonish, especially in roger's case. And flyboy was just obnoxiously retarded. The movie works despite that and is still the 2nd best zombie flick behind day for me

jesus>mary>joseph

Thank you for a further thoughtful and civil reply. However, this reply is wrong.

As you politely and intelligently comment, it's down to taste. All that's left to conclude is what was stated in the beginning - that I have correct taste.

The real cartoons are to be found in Day.

I didn't read your post but romero sucks

dotd is the superior zombiefied kinographique par excellence.
its metaphors and allergorys elevate it above notld and day.
dotd>notld/day

martin is romeros superior work tho

Fulci is pure Kino all the way if you disagree you're max plebian scum