Pretty much the most intelligent and creative mind in the industry right now

Pretty much the most intelligent and creative mind in the industry right now.

If only Jay Bauman listened to him about Rey.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone_accident
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What Vader pun?

Pffft. KOTOR was the best thing to happen to Star Wars since it ended wit RotJ.

K-2SO was such a stupid unfunny character

So what Max is saying is he's butthurt because Disney rejected his Star Wars script?

le don't choke bro *chokes*

K-2SO was reddit: the character

KOTOR movie when?

THAT'S NOT A FUCKING PUN

>not Shadows of the Empire or Jedi Academy

pleb

googled it, apparently it's when he was on mustafar and said "don't choke on your aspirations"

That part actually did stick out to me as out of character for Vader, especially considering that this movie ends up taking place very shortly before Ep IV

That's not Republic Commando

I think it has to be Max himself who make these threads because who else gives a shit? You're a talentless hack and your dad murdered children

This. The jokes were so unoriginal.

KOTOR > Heir to the Empire > Shadow of the Empire > ESB > ANH > ROTJ > R1 > ROTS > Rest of the Old EU > TPM > TFA > ATOC

fuck off max

>Luuke Skywalker > anything

Fuck off

Wut

He's right, Rogue One was the biggest disappointment of the 21st century.

Most of Vader's characterization is Anakin from the prequels. Also he banters a little bit with Obi Wan in the OT.

>thinks a slight amount of humor can be out of character

full dumb

Rogue One was suppose to be that.

Never touched JA. but Shadows was alright; story+characters were rad but the gameplay was weak.

Hell Yeah. That's a good one too. Forgot about that classic. Also Rogue Squadron games were rad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone_accident

Max > Jay

That nu-male cuck can't hold a candle to Max when it comes to writing an original story. Yeah Max is kind goofy when he comes up with ideas but at least one means well. Jay is a try hard pretentious faggot hipster that will only be Internet celebrity and forgotten in 3 years

How much of a sociopathic, bitter, worthless loser do you have to be to harass someone for something that happened before they were even born. That's pol tier illogical.

>ANOTHER strong independent womyn
>ANOTHER multicultural good guys team
>ANOTHER sarcastic robot (interstellar, cod:IW, even C3P0 but he had better character)

have you ever stopped a second in your life and realize that e-celebs are entirely useless and anyone who discusses them is either a shill of a teenager?

I don't really care, you can all reserve your lives to shitposting and garbage.

>ANOTHER

Each time it happens you cry for a solid year about it so it can't be that frequent.

not really
doing it once in a while is good for a change
Personally, I didn't really mind Rey as a main character in E7, but using female protagonist again is just pushing agenda

He's correct though

>cod:IW

No one even cares enough about that for it to matter in any way.

>Bazinga: The Robot
He was one of the weakest parts of the whole movie, along with the chick. I just got out of it like an hour ago.

I feel like there are more movies/games where that trope was used, like I'm forgetting something from 2015-2016 or maybe earlier

Max just needs to write his own SW movie... which would invariably receive meddlin to poor reviews and bomb at the box office, completely failing at whatever tone he's going for and get raped by the rlm crew.

What's up, Max?

It couldn't be worse than the prequels

Pretty much this. He succeeds at pitching ideas, but his execution leaves a lot to be desired

POST VADER SCENE

The disney movies couldn't be and aren't worse than the prequels either, but Sup Forums keeps insisting that they are

The robot is awful. The only thing stopping me from saying hes the worst in the film is that thw entire cast is the worst. The entire thing is steaming fucking garbage

Top kek, are you the faggot who was avatarfagging with cat pics in the RLM thread? Did Jay fuck your girlfriend or something? He's just some harmless internet reviewer. He has never pretended to be anything more than that. Your rage against him is hilariously autistic.

Hey Jay, your cuck hipster faggot friends are waiting for you over at Reddit

Oh, your cancerous ass is not welcomed here

I agree but i hatw RLM and Max. Although Max wrote that amazing Dirk Gently show, he keeps that up i might change my opinino of him

It doesn't change the fact that your father directly caused the death of a man and two children.

Your father should be in prison.

>brings up "nu-male cuck"
>while defending Max fucking Landis
Max is practically the posterchild for "nu-male cucks". He's a bleeding heart leftie who dresses and acts like a faggot. Also, there are Sup Forums anons who could hold a candle to Max's "original" stories. Chronicle is just a worse version of Akira and everything else he has written is a fucking mess.

Max Landis is right again, much like he almost always is. How does he do it?

this movie ends 10 mins before ANH. Vader never said puns. shit is corny.

That's what I mean though. A character with few speaking lines has never said a pun, so if they say a pun you think it's out of character. You shouldn't need to be explained to how retarded that logic is.

it was a pun in the literal sense of the word, stop trying to deny it. at least it wasn't a quip

>a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words which sound alike but have different meanings.

Nice try Reddit

Yup, you're definitely that faggot. Everything with you is "I HATE JAY! HE'S THE WORST! r*ddit, r*ddit. I BET YOU'RE JAY! GO BACK TO R*DDIT, JAY! r*ddit, r*ddit."

Fuck the spam filter.

At least the prequels tried out new ideas and took chances. For that reason alone prequels>new star wars

Reddit pls go

>a-at least they tried!
SHIT MOVIES, user. SHIT MOVIES

Hey, at least Tommy Wiseau TRIED to make a good movie, huh?

A movie that tries out original ideas will ALWAYS be better than a safe, bland, remake.

Original ideas doesn´t always work, just like the prequels. Sorry.

it may not have worked, but because they tried they're better than new star wars, something you seem to be avoiding

>but because they tried they're better than new star wars
But that's not true at all. I mean, thank you for even if the final result was underwhelming?
Next time they take a risk, I expect a good product. Every hack can TRY something new.

i was on the fence with max landis.

now i think he's a total cunt tool

Saying
>It's better because they tried
is the participation trophy of criticism. No it doesn't matter. Get out of here with that sissy everybody wins attitude numale

>read that as "i think he's totally cool" at first

embarrassing. Ep.VII had no soul, it wasn't a good movie. But of course, if you're okay with the safe boardroom formula that's taking over hollywood then you're everything that's wrong with modern cinema. Nobody tries anything anymore, no one takes risks, they're all boring 5/10 movies.
>even if the final result was underwhelming
are you trying to tell me VII wasn't underwhelming?
>calls me a numale
>unironically prefers VII (IV v.2) to the prequels
You both seem to be missing the point. The prequels may have been bad movies, but they were original bad movies (bar III which was good).

Original ideas > rehashed, bland, safe ideas is my point.

>bad movies with bad acting and terrible execution (I,II;III) are better than a good sequel
wew

>a good sequel
lmfao we're done here

Max, did I ever tell you about the time your father organised a dangerous film shoot despite several warnings from experts, which resulted in the deaths of actor Vic Morrow and two children, and that because he was wrongfully acquitted, he had the opportunity to spawn you, and that only nepotism allows you to continue your career as a mediocre screenwriter?

He was a good friend.

Is this a joke? This is like the most curated two praises of the film ive seen so far

They will take whatever they get to shit on the guy because he is so damn unlikable

>character never jokes
>but its okay if he jokes because i said so
nah

He did say sarcastic, corny stuff tho

>People care about what Slack Blandis thinks

why

It was totally in characters for vader.

apology accepted captain needa
we would be honored if you would join us
i find your lack of faith disturbing
etc

It's not a joke either, it's just him being menacing.

The worst part of it all is how it just takes elements that made Vader (or Jedi, or lightsabers, etc etc) famous in the first place and whores them out again, reducing the impact of the original and turning him into a cartoon characters stuck in a loop just doing the same thing over and over again.

So...how was Mr. Right? Me, Him, Her was pretty shitty.

xDDDD funni robot quips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he's joking about the worst moment in his entire life

>Jay is a try hard pretentious faggot hipster
A redneck from milwaukee who went to av club in highschool is a try-hard pretentious faggot hipster now? Man, america really went down the shitter.

>The use of words expressing something other than their literal intention
Now that. Is. Irony.

damn i wish they'd make more rogue squadron games

or even more simcade stuff like x-wing vs tie fighter

what?

Le walking 2001 the space asso. In spanish he would be ok ass o

What who is? Vaders worst moment in his life is this scene? What about being on fire with no limbs?

This.

I don't know why you faggots are trying so hard to make THIS the thing to bitch about when the movie had that stupid fucking robot which was only there for merchandising and for retarded comedy relief that the movie didn't need.

>C3PO convincingly lies to stormtroopers on the Death Star
>the rebels reprogrammed Robo-Binks to be a bad liar for a joke or something

Fucking Quipbot 9000 didn't even do anything that couldn't have been done by a human, couldn't even fly the the damn ship without being micromanaged by two humans at the same time.

Not a single person laughed at that stupid robot and his puns when I went to see it. When the robot dropped Jyn's bag people actually looked at each other and went 'was that a joke?'

I'm not sure if my country is autistic or is better than the shitty screenplay

> Max Landis internet defense force
> muh poleeee

That's because it and other games were telling a story not trying to say
>you loved it once
>you'll love it again just this time it's inclusive
Star Wars is scary movie quality with solar flares

>vader now has quick quips
WEEEW I love Star Wars now

Too bad Max is a shit writer

Probably both there was some laughing in both times I went to see it. I didn't like him until his death. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

The part that got the most chuckling in my audience I think might have been when Vader said 'My apologies'.

Max "Children Chopper" Landis
Max "Free chopper rides" Landis
Max "Helicopter Haircut" Landis
Max "my dad is a helicopter parent" Landis.
Max "kill the gook with a CH-47 Chinook" Landis
Max "get to the choppa" Landis.
Max ''slaughter them all'' Landis
Max "Heads will Roll" Landis
Max "Dad wanted me to get a head" Landis
Max "Nebrotism" Landis
Max "Fly Lower" Landis
Max "Get to the Choppa" Landis
JOHN 'CHOP THE TOP AND WATCH EM DROP' LANDIS
John "when the chopper goes wild, we kill another child" Landis.
Max "when the chopper goes wild, we kill another child" Landis.
Max "kid clipper Jr." Landis
Max "son of the flying guillotine" Landis
Max "fly low, sweet chariot. daddy's gonna cut off your head" Landis.
John "full body bris" Landis
Max "Slicer and Dicer, with a side of rice-er" Landis
Max "uptomyknees in the blood of two kids and a guy" Landis
Max "If there's an epicanthic fold, put them in the ground cold" Landis
Max "China Syndrome" Landis
Max "Stunt double? Just hire twins" Landis
Max "How do I get this helicopter to" Landis
Max "I can't" Landis
Max "Spin around, and Cut them Down" Landis
max "my dad killed people" landis
Max 'pop their top like ol pop' Landis
Max "I suck dick while my dad kills for kicks" Landis
Max "Kids aren't bad helipads" Landis
Max "My dad directed Blues Brothers and loves crying Vietnamese mothers" Landis
Max "how do I" Landis
Max "Twilight Zone is covered with children's bones" Landis
Max "They broke my fall, but it killed them all" Landis
Max "i feel glad when i kill jennifer jason leigh's dad" Landis
Max "kid killing yid" Landis.
Max "Yellow peril" Landis
Max "gleefully spins propeller penis to Landis hate" Landis
Max "Death from above" Landis
Max "Asian Abrasion" Landis
Max "daddy thinks it's alright as long as the chinks die at night" Landis

>Max "i can't" landis

still the king for its sheer simplicity

Max "How did my father" Landis spotted.

Gotta disagree on both counts Max.

It was an exciting space adventure, even if it did take it's time getting there.

K2S0 wasn't bad but his humour felt a little manufactured to me? His whole 'I don't care' attitude felt old. I don't know exactly who he reminds me of, RLM mentioned Drax.

He was a neat droid but he didn't make me laugh.

Also, I will never take this man seriously again after reading his Ghostbusters 3 spec script.

It opens with an ancient evil cult sacrificing human Slimer.

Tip: SLIMER DOES NOT NEED A BACKSTORY

*le anything I don't like is reddit mene*

>make a pun
>"VADER HAS QUIPS NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

I really liked Dirk Gently so i can't stay mad at him

Who?

It wasn't menacing. It was a pun. If he'd said something like "Your ambitions will be the death of you one day" not only would it have been menacing, but a little bit of epic foreshadowing too.