Is it the most insanely difficult sports trophy to win?

Is it the most insanely difficult sports trophy to win?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(CONMEBOL)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nope, balloon door

Nope. The Sergipe State Championship is much harder to win. No NT, overhyped european team, Libertadores champions or legends team ever won it.

It inarguably requires an element of luck because you have to have been born in the right country. Only ~14 countries at a push have a genuine chance of winning it.

Maybe. You only get a chance once every four years.

But with like 3 to 5 world class players you have a legit shot at it no?
>Bulgaria 1994
>Turkey 2002
>Chile now

this
also Sergipe are the good guys, Confiança the bad guys and Estanciano is the reddit

I have family in Aracajú and Estância, witch team should I support.

Additional info:
They were all from Estância but some have moved.
I don't like reddit.

>Is it the most insanely difficult sports trophy to win?

yes, although amerisharts will deny this

no, deathmarch's gold medal.

it's "difficult" because your chances massively depend on form and injuries carried over from the club season which your NT has absolutely no control over. if you could somehow make sure that your star players don't exhaust and injure themselves during the season you'd be basically guarranteed to win (see: Pelé World Cup wins). But that's not economically feasable so in reailty the WC is a mickey mouse off-season meme cup.

>Uruguay has won it twice

Apparently not.

Thry were unarguably the best in 1930, but I'll acknowledge they had a bit of luck in 1950.
Also made in the semis twice after

Do no bully Uruguay.

if you have lucky draws you can make it to semis, but you won't go further than that.

Dunno know why people like to shit on Uruguay. They have done better than Argentina at almost everything, even recently (won a Copa, made it to the WC semifinals).

No, it's the Ricky Munoz award, it's award by me: Ricky Munoz. So far the only winners are me and John Hannah.

you forgot
>Netherlands now

What players do you have that are actually world class?

Not really.

Of course, saying "they reached the semi" makes it looks like they were close, but just consider it from a different point of view:

to win it, you need to actually win 4 consecutive games against top world teams. By reaching the semi and loosing, it means they only won 2 games of the 4 they needed to win. And therefore that they were only halfway to win it. 50%. They would have needed to accomplish twice more than what they already accomplished. Looking at it this way, you can't really say they were close to win.

Implying Lagartense aren't the good guys, 1998 best year of my life

Also this

this
change the odds to percentages and you see how hard it is.
Taking the William Hill odds for 2018 outright:

Germany 5/1 (16.7%)
Brazil 7/1 (12.55)
France 7/1
Argentina 9/1 (10%)
Belgium 14/1 (6.7%)
Italy 14/1
England 25/1 (lelno)
Portugal 25/1

>bets

lol that has nothing to do with the reality.

>you need to actually win 4 consecutive games against top world teams.

Hmm no exactly sweetheart. Uruguay in 2010 for example beat some Korea and Ghana to reach the semis. As I said, lucky draws. Brazil in 2014 beat Colombia and Chile, close but not exactly top world teams. Against the real top world teams they lost 10-1.

As I said, meme teams can made it to the semifinals with lucky draws.

Yes.

IT'S NOT FAIR

If you go purely by grownup titles, the last major title argentina won was 93 CA, in the meantime uy won 2 CA (95 and 11).

tell that to the betting syndicates with supercomputers, their prices will be a few percent different at best.

>the World Cup in '50 and before is the same as the World Cup today
Americans, everyone.

>lucky draws
Uruguay was less about lucky draws and more about taking advantage of France and England choking.

And 2014 Brazil wasn't that shit until its mental breakdown in the 7-1, I'd say that Chile and 2014 >us were definitely tougher opposition than what Argentina had to face.

Yeah I should have mentioned Argentina, not Brazil. Their run was rigged af. Let's not forget that Grondona was still alive at that time.

And 2bh Brazil run was actually the opposite. We would have to face Spain, Chile or Neverlands in the ro16. Chile was objectilly better than us, but we got away with a bit of luck and some murderball. Same for the ro8 against you guys.

Alright screencap this and save for 2018. This is a mix of a prophecy, omen and a superconpeter sporting bet analysis. Mark my words.

2018 World Cup
Quarter-finals

CHILE
GERMANY
USA
BRAZIL
ITALY
ARGENTINA
NETHERLANDS
PERU

Semi-finals

BRAZIL
USA
ITALY
ARGENTINA

Final

BRAZIL
USA

Champion (not so fast murica)

BRAZIL 2 X 1 USA

BRAZIL HEXA

you are just mad because
>Brazil 7/1 (12.55)

again, 7-1=6. Even bets are on our side.

I'd argue no.

what makes it hard is how rare it is, but also how little you are in control over it, because it depends on so many factors. that also leads to you not even haviong to be all that good to win one of those as a player.

find some summer olympic gold medal that is highly competitive and whose athletes only have a short prime where they can actually do their sport. that'll give you the hardest trophy (if a gold medal counts)

> Peru
> quarter finals
I spilled Rinde Dos all over my pants

But comes before Germany, so it's 1-7 not 7-1

Brazil*

not if you can't into benalty keks

4 countries at most have a chance

No. If anything tournaments are the easiest things to win in football. What does it realistically take to win a tournament in football? Being in good form for a handful of matches and getting an easy draw. A league will always be harder to win and the only reason the world cup is held in such high regard is because it's quadrennial. If it was just an annual tournament no one would give a fuck about it.

You can if you just git gud enough to avoid shootouts

Wimbledon, the Triple Crown (horse racing), Stanley cup.

La Coupe des Mousquetaires, Heisman trophy.

>usa opinion on soccer

no, olympic 100m or maraphone are harder

Sup Forums cup is harder

These are yearly trophies tho.
Also Stanlel cup only has 30 (32) contenders, not 200

>>not 200
>french epistemology

Gold Cup

I only watch the WC for emotion and surprises:
>Bulgaria 1994 (Stoichkov was the GOAT)
>Croatia 1998
>SKorea rigging the fucking out of that WC in 2002
>Turkey 2002
>Italy v Germany 2006
>Ghana 2010
>Algeria and Costa Rica 2014

What is drone racing chanpionship trophy?

Triple crown i agree with, wimbeldon fed has won 8 times

Sounds like someone's salty that their nation is pure garbage and never qualifies anyway.

>peru
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(CONMEBOL)

I find it weird how no underdog team has ever won the world cup, or even made it to the final/semi-finals, considering that it only takes a slip-up from a big team and a bit of luck to go far.

Chechnya kruto.

>semi-finals
that part's wrong

and you'd need about 7-8 top teams to slip up all at once

Not really. It's an international trophy that can only be had once every 4 years. Nothing comparable here. Cute blind hatred though, redditbabe.

The 100m gold medal at the Olympics

One chance every 4 years
Individual race. Can't be carried by your team
Little luck involved. Can't fluke a win
Little tactics involved. Can't outsmart you opponents to win
Always training hard. Have to avoid injuries and peak at the right time
Need to be a genetic freak. Can't make up for bad genes with technique or hard work
Every country in the world competes

Sure, if you're not Brazillian, Italian or German.

Actually, Uruguay has never won the World Cup trophy, but the Jules Rimet trophy. So while they are two (four) times world champion they did not win the thing in the OP.

It's the same shit, cmon. If the rule for Julis Rimet (the first one to win it 3x gets to keep it) was working for this trophie too, we would have had another trophie for 2018, since you won it for the 3rd time in 2014.

>trophy
Fix'd

I thought you would side with Boca-Juniors-SE or River Plate-SE

Only because the every four year shit and most countries would just get outplayed by the same 12-20 nations.

tour de france?

The defender literally makes the new rules and can make it practically impossible for a challenger to win.

It sort of is when you consider that it's virtually impossible unless you're a historical power. And to be a historical power, it means that you've had to have literally decades, at minimum, of effective coaching and athlete grooming at every level of their life.

Chile never ever
Thanks Brazil

Boxings Val Barker award.

olympic gold medal in some discipline with a big field i.e. marathon, 200m freestyle, etc

Well, we had two cracks at it, and couldn't get past the first round, so yeah, it's pretty tough.

Ah, the keeping the trophy thing that was mysteriously abandoned when >we should've gotten it.
What happened there, did the Brazil FA cry hard enough or is the FIFA just ABG?

This

how hard could something be if some manlet jungle is the leading nation?

i miss the world cup so much lads

There's been plenty of memey semi-finalists.
There's NEVER been an underdog finalist.

Name the last 5 Olympic Gold Medalist of Death March.

Brazil has the largest population for a nation that loves the sport. The only populations that are bigger than theirs outright are India, Indonesia, China (all 3 are garbage at the sport), and USA.

You competed in the cups we won. Why didn't you win it if it was so easy?

Neverlands agree with you.

We almost made it if there wasn't your Thuram

euro is much much MUCH more difficult to win. it was probably already said ITT, but i cant be arsed to read it all.
also, please give me yous.

Portugal won it by being 3rd in a meme group and have nothing but luck in KO's. Also there is Greece 2004

gaston ramirez what a cunt

also that folarn smirk

Stop underating Greece 2004. They had 3 clubs in Champions League 2003-2004, plenty of world class players in big clubs, and their tactics for the Euro were masterpieces. They also had incredible grit, cohesion and willpower.
Definitively deserved their win.

lol poor Amero. He's so bullied. I remember Nerman kicking a ball on him after the whistle.

YES, unlike Moortugal 2016.

You can make the same statements about Portugal run too to. The only reason why people don't like it it's because I'd how underwhelming they were (and probably a lot of anti cristiano)

where else are you going to get a better evaluation that companies financially invested in odds? sure isn't from retard pundits and their columns

>people believe you can be born from diferent parents in diferent countries

Not really when you are high on Pervitin like the German NT in 1954.

That's not the Stanley Cup

During the draw I absolutely hate the idea of "seeded teams". I believe the draw should be completely random.

In an effort to make it more fair, they've actually made it less fair. What's wrong with more than one Group of Death?

meme award. heavily influenced by sponsors.

It is fair. Be honest, if Germany, Brazil, Spain, Argentina, France, Italy, Portugal etc. were all grouped the tournament would be shit. The 4 to make the knockouts would steamroll everyone else until the semis.

I see your point, but the other possibility is that it creates the most exciting groups ever.

Based murderball

You don't go through KO phase with just luck.

Or do you want to say that Croatia, Spain, Belgium and France are absolute fucking shit and didn't deserve to be in any top 20?

I came to the conclusion that it makes people buttmad that a small latino country literally nobody's heard about has won more than them. That's why it's easier to accept Argentina or european countries being "good", hell even in here when we play against shitters like england people act like they're superior because literally every sports channel says that we'll get fucked in the ass.

It's the most ridiculous "argument", usually made by leftist fucking shits. As if some higher entity would throw soul darts at random and if you're lucky yours hits the "not black and/or muslim"-bullseye.