Gareth Bale: A Madrid flop?

If he is sold, what does it say about him? Would it be fair to call him a disappointment? Injury prone, lost his place to Isco, being sold in order to sign a meme young Frenchman, both Benzema and Ronaldo outlasted him.

Is he, dare I say it, a flop? He is the 3rd most expensive player of all time, many tipped him to be the new star of Madrid once Ronaldo declines, he was supposed to dominate but besides a couple of great performances in admittedly big moments, he's been a waste of money. No consistency whatsoever or even an extended dominant stretch. He had one great performance here, 5 irrelevant games, and then another pretty good performance.

What does it say about British stars going abroad? Is it safe to say they just can't hack it?

not bad, but it is lel liga farmer defences he has been up against. hasn't justified his price tag but he has been pretty good. and good in big games.

since his arrival Real madrid have won three CL titles in four years

They did the classic Real thing of buying a player any other team would build their whole strategy around, making him play second fiddle in a position he's unused to, then wondering why they wasted their money

And he scored the game winner

not just a flop, a bald one too.

>building your team around a pace babby with no technical skill who is injured for half of every season
madrid isn't tottenham

How will Mourinho use him?

When he's played he's been top tier.

Only issue is, he won't ever not be cucked by CR7 and his injuries seem to be getting worse.

He scores goals against weak teams after RM are already up by 3 as a sub.

Yeah like when he scored the decima winning goal right?

are people this retarded? game ended 4-1, Atletico was crushed by that Ramos equalizer. And that goal was Di Maria's magic but he never gets any credit.

He is far more one dimensional as a player than his reputation implies. Very physically powerful and good crossing and shooting technique but he has an average footballing brain. He belongs in England, he can get away with it here.

very harsh
if he was/is a flop what does that make becks when he went there

His only problem is injury and fitness. In almost every area he is superb

No he didn't. Ramos scored the goal that got them into extra time. Two other goals were scored (Marcelo/Ronaldo) before the game ended. Hardly a game winner.

He scored the goal to make it 2-1 and got an assist for the first goal in the 2nd CL. Bale is a big game player

He belongs in England where the poor tactical approach leaves plenty of space in the final two-thirds for him to use his speed. He will never find that same space in Spain.

16 out of 20 managers in the PL aren't English. The tactical approach in England is Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Italian, whatever. Not English.

sell benzema not Bale FOR FUCK SAKE

You are right about that. But the emphasis is still on "pace and power". Don't tell me you think the game in England is even close to the one in Spain. That is one of the reasons Pep is struggling. He
refuses to adapt unlike the other foreign managers in the league.

>Implying Zidane will ever even bench hs buttbuddy in Benzshit
I demand Dembele or Forsberg

GOAT for wales

don't know why he went to madrid tbqh

guess he must've liked the weather

i miss bale being at spuds.

he was unstoppable in his last season in the PL

>scored the goal to put them ahead
>hurrr he didnt score the winner
kys

No technical skill is a bit harsh, he is kind of a pace baby but he is a killer when it comes to free kicks, shooting and heading

Tbh with his skill set he should be playing as a number 9

This.
Literally pulled Wales with Ramsey during Euro 2016.

This is it. Tsuu man does that for Halal so he is frequently left out of where he should be.

If he is sold, it tells us more about Madrid being retarded. Obviously he was overpriced but in the few seasons, he won everything is to win and often played a crucial role in the big games. He was injured for most other and is a limited player but very good at what he does.

>What does it say about British stars going abroad? Is it safe to say they just can't hack it?
Generally not. The last huge success was Beckham and it was not due his skills on the field.

When he's fit Madrid win every league game by like 5 goals. Granted they're against teams like Deportivo and the like but him and TSU on their day are easily the best duo currently

as usual, Sup Forums with the attention span of a goldfish. watch bale reminding everyone how great he is in 2017/18. bale was a vital element in real rebuilding themselves in post-mourinho era.

You're thinking of that copa del rey goal where his autism took over and he thought he was sonic and zoomed from one end of the field to the other in mere ascends

if he joined United they'd be scary

This
I was slyly mocking United for spending so much but not really becoming that much better or a threatening team. With Bale it's a whole different story boy

>flop
yes actually he is a flop. for the price paid for this pace merchant, I'd say it wasn't worth it. he didn't win anything for Real Madrid, it was all Ronaldo.

I think you mean if he stayed with Tottenham

>English "people"

>tfw Levy sells off Kyle Walker
>tfw Bale joins United
>tfw Spurs are cucked by other clubs in the age of big money
>tfw

I don't know about Bale's skills as a DM

No I'm thinking of the header that mare it 2-1

They're richer than a small country, they're a terrific team, he gets instant worldwide fame...Madrid checks a lot of boxes, it's why almost every top player is trying to go there unless they're already at Bayern/Barca.

Actually, Spurs have first dibs on Bale in England thanks to a clause in the transfer agreement. So if Man United bid 80 million, all Spurs have to do is match that and Bale has to either play for them or for no English club at all.

this. I love when he goes to play for Wales

he always comes back with a spark on his eyes after his NT games

as a CB

>spurs spending money
TOP KEK

>Would it be fair to call him a disappointment?
He scored a CL winning goal and a lot of other things.

He isn't a disappointment at all

>all Spurs have to do is match that

things that are never happening

Get over it, LVG went long ago bro.

Who would Bale replace if he went back to Spurs?

How much is Bale worth in the market now?

Surely less than he was bought for?

Janssen

Madrid was his boyhood dream club, hence why he desperately wants to stay.

He won them La Decima
He already paid his 100m price long time ago

No, Pep is struggling because he's shit and for the first time he's being exposed in a real league.

>you now remember in 2015 and 2016 when hipsters on Sup Forums thought Bale was more important to Real than Ronaldo

fucking kek

Bale has come small in the last 2 seasons and he is injured most of the time.Isco made Real Madrid so much better than it is not even funny.Bale is good for small teams like Bayern,Spurs ot City .He is not meant for a team like Real Madrid
It was all Modric and Kross.Bale's role was being pacy and missing 1000 chances while not playing defence.If Madrid would have just played with Isco and didn't fall for the James meme Madrid would have 4peated

lel, he clutched his way through so many games in the first half of la liga manolo

> he clutched his way
>Bale
Bale played like 3 decent games this year. Fucking James has been a better investment than Bale production wise

I'd blame Poop's shitty season in the City management. They got him pretty mediocre players who costed the team a shitton of points (Bravo, Stones to name a few) and he inherited a pretty mediocre roster from Pellegrini's era.

The best City players up to these days were the one acquired during or before Mancini's period (Aguero, Touré, Silva, Kompany and you can add others like Zabaleta, Kolarov, Nasri, 2014 England's Brave Joe Hart, etc)

He was pretty shit during the euros apart from the free kicks desu. Rambo carried the team.

Great in qualifying.

De bruyne is good
He's from Mancini r-r-right?

>Stones
>goes from one of the best defenders in the league to one of the worst

who else is to blame but pep? clearly has a lot of talent and ability, you'd expect the "greatest manager in the world" to improve that

Crooked Spaniards overloaded his body with drugs and fucked his legs up. He's already repaid their investment many times over anyway.

He played like shit for 119m and missed several occasions.
It was Ramos and Di Maria who won them La Décima.

we love him here he's a good lad but at this rate we'll end up with a neymar scenario with him

Singlehandedly won Real the Copa and La Decima.

Even if Spurs had the transfer money, they don't pay players more than £100k a week

Would Bale even fit in the Spurs team? I'd argue no. So he's probably not as great as he's hyped to be

lol you're gonna play Son over him?

Doesn't the arab of City have an epeen contest with the one at PSG? I see them splashing retard money if Bale has a good year.

>3 Champions League trophy wins
>"flop"

Bale is a better player but he's more of an individual. I don't think he'd do well in the kind of close-knit team ethic that Spurs have these days

Bale could fit in any team, one of the few "unplayable" players in the world with his sheer pace and power.

That said I haven't followed him in Spain and don't know the extent of his injuries.

>(((levy))) paying millions of pounds for some goy
He is all about the money.