Why do foreigners have such a hard time pronouncing this?

Why do foreigners have such a hard time pronouncing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u7BxxHXV1C0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why cant anglos roll their r

That's a Greek letter you subhuman
Anglos happened to say it because of their inbred face structure

>greek letter

Wrong. Everything on earth belongs to America.

What foreigners exactly? Many European languages do not have aspirated plosives. Also Japanese doesn't. It becomes even harder when the dental plosives are absent. Indian languages aspirate all plosives so it's not at all a problem for us. The Japanese usually end up pronouncing it like 's'.

only subhuman languages require a rolled r

its the dental fricative not dental aspirant

the only big languages that use it are english, arabic, icelandic, greek, yuro spanish and burmese

>only subhuman languages wequiwe a wolled ah

>aspirated plosives

It's not one, you git, he obviously means [θ].

We don't

whatever you say elmel al londonhi

this tbqh

We don't it's on our language as a Z and sometimes C

t. fucking G*RMAN saying that
ayyyy

Also some Italian dialects, a few African languages (Swahili I think and maybe some other big ones), a bunch of Turkic languages, Welsh...

But yeah, you're right, it *is* rare as h*ck in the overall big picture. Probably because it's fucking awkward to pronounce, even Anglos drop a fuckload of [θ] and [ð] in casual speech (you don't notice it, but you do, also you approximant that shit up a lot). Although I'm the one to blooming talk here, what with the Russian retroflex sibilants and ы, lel

I don't get it, isn't θ the aspirated form of the soft t (unvoiced form of the 'th' sound in 'the')?

Aspiration is different, it's pronouncing a consonant with a concurrent exhale. [θ] is literally just putting your tongue on your front teeth and saying "t"

no its not a plosive

k, g, ch, j, t, d (retroflex), t, d (dental), p, b
Suppose these are all plosives. Isn't θ just the aspirated form of t (retroflex)? What is the difference between t̪ʰ and θ? Is there a difference between 'th' in English and थ in Hindi? थ is thought to be the aspirated version of त (dental unvoiced plosive). For example Thames is written as थेम्स. Isn't theta just the aspirated unvoiced dental plosive? Why is it called a fricative like 'f'? Is that because the unvoiced dental plosive itself is absent from English (while the voiced dental plosive exists like the 'th' in 'the')?

If you are talking about the difference between they and day I can understand because they are basically the same sound. We have them in words like "donde" where both are pronounced but the other th is easy as fuck.

Because foreigners aren't even human

Why do native English speakers have such hard times
>distinguishing between there, their and they're
>distinguishing between your and you're
>distinguishing between its and it's
>distinguishing between to and too
>distinguishing between then and than
>distinguishing between plural and genitive
>distinguishing between adjectives and adverbs
>distinguishing between simple past and past perfect
>spelling simple words correctly
>using proper punctuation
>knowing that "should of" and "would of" are super incredibly wrong and make you look utterly stupid and terribly uneducated in less than 0.00001 nano seconds

Didn't read a single word, now fuck off Nazi

Why do native german speakers have such a hard time not getting raped by sandniggers?

You replying to my post already proves that I must have hit a nerve

oh another reply...

hey guys, how's it going?

its easy as fuck
Zapato, cereza, zarzaparrilla...

It's a combination of not reading enough, not caring and combined with the fact that it rarely impedes communication, there is very little reason for lowest common denominator to care.

Why don't foreigners capitalize nouns?

Because were too lazy, dont care enough, or want to trigger your autism

>rhotic accents and languages
spot the runts with 99.9999999999% chimp dna

>pronounce th
>haha spaniards have a lisp
>not pronouce it
>haha spaniards can't pronounce th

sigh

Spaniards and Greeks are literally the only other people on earth that use it afaik

and icelanders

Because it sounds GAY as fuck, I prefer UK's "th"

People can't pronounce Å Ä and Ö. Plebs.

ÅÄÅÄÅÄÅÄÅÄÅÄÅÄÅÄJ

No, it's not. Why Spaniards suck so much at English? Example: they pronounce "FIS" instead of "Fish" they think that you have to pronounce the words in English as in Spanish.

Yes, they are that stupid.

Why do anglos have such a hard time pronouncing this?

apparently they pronounced it correctly before being cucked by frech normans

b-but I can.

When they say "COSTA rICA", kek

No spanish can't even pronunce this

Nonspanish speakers can't even pronounce this* lol

>No, it's not.
Yes it is, are you memeing or literally retarded?

Why do anglos have such a hard time pronouncing this?

pegate un tiro

Is it the same as ü in Turkish? Also why do you capitalise every noun? Doesn't the utility of capitalisation go away then?

You guys are smalltime

Because you are writing it wrong. It's Ý, not Ü.

First time having english lessons, I pronounced it like a Jamaican lmao.
But now I can pronounce it without problems.

Not so fast, nh is easy.

You mean Ň?

Pronounced here "DEH"
Could drive you insane. Israeli accent is so degenerate and funny though.

I'll tellyou why. We use english because of it's easyness and simplicity. "Th" sound is internationalyrecognised as useless so we don't care abou the sound.

Also you're from the anglosphere so you're the last person who should say about other languages because you can't speak foreign languages for shit. Any simple sound that isn't in your language transform you into a helpless infant who requires special care.

why don't foreigners get that this is not a B

e.g. groBe Brüste

that's an "S"

Gruuuuzeh Bruuuuuusteh

ich will fucken

>t. fucking G*RMAN saying that
>ayyyy
It's really not that difficult. Most people just don't care to get it right.

MANDATORY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MATERIAL

depends, are you a czechoslovak or a kurd?

Thの発音 // Pronouncing "th"
youtube.com/watch?v=u7BxxHXV1C0

>What is the difference between t̪ʰ and θ
One is an aspirated stop while the other is a fricative. The best way I can describe θ is by resting your front teeth some distance away from the tip of your tongue and passing air through it. You should be able to sustain the sound (like the fricative /s/) which you can't do with थ.
Most South Asian languages approximate the English /θ/ with थ but weirdly the Arabic /θ/ with /s/, for example أكثر (akthar) becomes अक्सर (aksar).

wew about that last part it's probably because ث is pronounced like /s/ in Persian.

Just put the tip of your tongue between your teeth and blow air, and you got a voiceless th (Arabic ث). Use your vocal cords, and you have a voiced th (Arabic ذ). It's that simple.

literally impossible

Not many languages have it; to my knowledge Greek, English and proper (European) Spanish have this sound. We should form a club or something.