Eternal /trb/

> Real names and German/Japanese NT fix
sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/29149/fm2017-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix-file-beta-v11-for-fm17-beta-20102016

> Logos
fmscout.com/c-fm17-logos.html

> Hairpack
fmscout.com/a-debski-newgen-hairstyles-fm17.html

> Pastebin
pastebin.com/UHcJ6hvP

> Macca's official /trb/ database 2015
pastebin.com/uj27eQhe

> 2016
pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40852915
fantasy.premierleague.com
guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-personalities
guidetofootballmanager.com/squad/player-tutoring
fmscout.com/a-tactical-guide-pairs-and-combinations.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

official thread news
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40852915

Also a reminder to bandwagon Lille

first for first post best post

My 4-4-1-1 pit in 85 crosses in my first league match. I'm fine with crossing, but how do I make it so I don't solely rely on it?

I don't want it to be my only avenue of approach.

>85 crosses

I mean, it worked. I won 3-1 against a 5-3-2. I just want to be able to utilize the middle a bit more too.

maybe make a backup tactic with shorter passing, retain possession?

My current tactic is on retain possession and work the ball into the box with mixed passing with a control mentality.

I used exploit flanks since it was a 532 and they had no width as their fbs tucked in.

Maybe I just crossed so much that game because the midfield was so congested with their 3 midfielders and 3 cbs, as well as their 2 forwards, which pressed defensively.

>My FM just CRASHED as I click start on the game that will see me win the Serie A title with a draw ( for the first time in 900 hours )
What the fuck is wrong with this game.

I'm brand new at FM, but 900 hours to win a league sounds crazy.

How likely is it for me to do to win EFL championship on first season with Nott'm? Predicted finish is 16th according to preseason media.

I will add that I took this team from Serie B so it's my little baby. The lads bottled it the match before, they could have won the title at home to Livorno but decided to get "NERVOUS" and "FRUSTRATED" instead.

No, I mean, it crashed for the first time in 900 hours. A fairly stable piece of software, this.

gotcha

>How likely is it for me to do to win EFL championship on first season with Nott'm
If you're new to the game, not very likely. Did you buy any players in the transfer window?

Not a single one, the window is still open, I'm only one game into the league.

The whole scouting and transfer thong overwhelmed the shit out of me

looking for someone to tutor this kid since everyone in my squad is under 20.

was just gonna sign some free agent with high determination, anything i should watch out for?

>/trb/ FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE
fantasy.premierleague.com
1115999-268304

good personalities like the ones in this list

guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-personalities

thanks, how do i make sure the signee can tutor the prospect? i remember getting screwed once due to squad status

guidetofootballmanager.com/squad/player-tutoring

hope you don't mind me linking straight to here but anything i say will just be a rehashed version of this

>looking for strikers
>go to trialists match
>only goal scored in the match is an own goal

Ireland is like a black hole devoid of talent.

anyone remotely good in either irish league ends up in the English/scottish leagues very quickly

If I'm playing a 4411 or a 442 variant, is slow build up dumb or will I be fine?

Do I have to play the generic counterattack down the wings and knock it to a target man tactic? Or can I play a controlled game?

What a magnificent name

would buy

depends how well you control the pitch

do you really want your 2 man midfield trying to pass it around their likely 3 or even 4 man midfield? or do you think maybe getting it to the wings asap might be a good idea since you won't be able to control the centre whatsoever

i think that's our ticket to the premiership stamped

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I mean, my action zones are literally like 34 33 33 right now, and I've been creating plenty while retaining possession and and dictating the tempo with a controlled mindset. I normally use either a SS, or AM-S if he is unavailable, to man mark their pivot to help with midfield numbers too.

>irish leagues
you're a madman, enjoy having no money ever

Should I make a Hong Kong league save? What are some comfy saves?

Also how much do you let your assistant coach run for you? I'm new and he does all the training and scouting and interviews lmao

>how much does my assman do
about the same as yours, barring interviews

Make a Chinese league save, Hong Kong is boring

training is pretty simple tbqh senpai when you're ready to make the step up to pro player ask for some advice here

just don't ask this guy ^

>not even giving me a (You)
fag

i dont let him do anything because i dont trust the ai.

I don't even know what that is

>think about starting a new save in germany
>think about managing St. Pauli
>go to their wikipedia
>read this

>St. Pauli enjoys a certain fame for the left-leaning character of its supporters: most of the team's fans regard themselves as anti-racist, anti-fascist, anti-homophobic and anti-sexist, and this has on occasion brought them into conflict with neo-Nazis and hooligans at away games. The organization has adopted an outspoken stance against racism, fascism, sexism, and homophobia and has embodied this position in its constitution.

ayy lmao im not managing a gay club

to be quite honest senpai?

Yeah what is pro Player

it's not a game thing, he just means getting better at the game

how is my 6'4 target man losing 99% of his aerial duels?

shit jumping reach / heading probably?

yeah i just mean

Tfw

based old man

nice to see matthews win the young player award,he got the highest average rating in my team right now.

How do I go about transfers and promoting youth? I'm brand new at this game and those two aspects really overwhelmed me.

I went to U23 and promoted everyone with 3 stars or more already.

No transfers as of yet.

just keep buying young AMCs and left backs, eventually you will be able to develop an entire squad of fast, creative and tactically aware manlets

got a taste for victory lads

>first match of the season
>score after 26 seconds
>hattrick after 10 minutes
>the state of Juan Manuel
we're not failing promotion this year

wut

I've no clue when it comes to scouting either. My board keep hiring new scouts too.

this happens all the time on small countries. SI get super lazy with the name pools

okay now, somebody explain this please

Can confirm.

Malta is actually like that IRL though

What's ur comfiest save

Not hardest, not easiest, not a challenge, just the comfiest you've done

Racing Montivideo was pretty comfy

this is going really well actually.

well,except for the game against tranmere obviously.

AIK

Vikungur Gota

>tfw work buys you beer as a present
>tfw you drink so much because of work
hmmm

I know you've gotten this a bit already but honestly just tinker a bit until you get what you like. 1 game is too small of sample size to say you are relying on it too much especially because you won. Also I love your posts qt for the qt.
I use my assman purely for set opposition player instruction during the beginning of the match. If it is an important match I will set them myself but on a random match I'll tend to allow it. Most of the time they do ok with mark tighter and show onto weaker foot the players I would as well.
>My board keep hiring new scouts too
I would stop that if I was you. Staff hiring in general is the easiest part of the game to figure out IMO and for scouts you really just need to look primarily on Judging player ability and then determination & adaptability. Also staff are extremely easy to negotiate a lower salary with. Low ball them and then slowly adjust their price upwards until they demand a finalize contract. Worst comes to worst you'll lose a good to great staff member that is fairly easily replaceable.
FC Metz. Great youth & a slight challenge to go from national to winning Ligue 1.

How do I identify a good youth player

So can someone explain what I tasks / duties I should delegate to my assistant manager? I'm brand new at the game and doing everything would overwhelm me I think.

Give him striker buddies. If he's alone, it's just not working and the """help""" defender would just run at ball and get it while your TM fighting for position with his marker. If it's 2-3 forwards with TM in the middle, he can even become best scorer with support role. As a solo role TM hasn't worked since 2013.

I've got him paired with an SS in a 4-4-1-1, will that work?

>Top League Scorer
>Top League assists
>Top League MOTM awards
>League player of the year
>Top Portuguese Cup Scorer
>Portuguese Cup player of the year
>Most League Cup Goals
>League Cup player of the year
>Champions League best scorer
>Champions League best player of the year
>Golden Boot winner with an incredible 77 GOLAZOS in 54 matches
>European player of the year
>European Best youngster of the year
>Average Match Rating of 8.26 over the span of 50+ games

The game is going to cuck my lad from winning the Ballon D'or isnt it?

You better have nicknamed his striker pairing 'Kanto'.

I-I use only 1 striker...I'm sorry lad

Surely you have a secondary attacking player?

Oh, that's just Lautaro Martinez, Johto makes sense on this guy because João António can be nicknamed Joto here, added the H for pokémon reference.

If it makes you feel better I have an american/polish Rightback, Jay Ziminski, aptly nicknamed Jay-Z

>aptly nicknamed Jay-Z

Shit Aggression, Bravery, Balance, Strength, Heading, Jumping Reach...

Try it and report back, but to me he needs at least two options to pass to: the SS and a high activity midfielder.

I personally play pic related as a CF(S)/(A) because TMs a shit.

Young Boys

I honestly don't know what to do. He's just my best midfielder, and certainly one of the world's best players. I don't really need the money 2bh.

>Primary target

I wish they were wrong.

Sampdoria

>Fairly bad finances but not so bad you have to sell your team
>Couldn't make many signings
>Played the shexy football
>Consistently the "best of the rest" side in the league
>One of the lowest wage bills in the league
>Dem magical European nights

Can't fully explain it, but it all felt so warm.

has the hairpack been updated? or is it still shit?

If it's not written clearly that it's been updated, then it wasn't.

Why fix something that isn't broken?

So, I wasn't really creating much with my TM all game. I ended up going 1 down to 10 men and still couldn't score.

I subbed on a poacher late in the game and ended up getting 3 goals (I was dominating midfield with my 4-4-1-1 vs their 4-4-2 because one of my wingers I changed to wide playmaker and he came inside meaning I ended up having a 4v2 in midfield and eventually a 4v1 after the red)

Pic related is Velios' minutes (my target man), I'll post what happened after I dropped a target man for a poacher.

Also, I only have one tactic. Should I have other tactics to train? For example, if I start with my regular tactic but then I notice I can exploit the midfield and change to that mid game, would I have already wanted a preset tactic of that so it's being drilled in training also to gain familiarity? Or does it only matter if the formation changes?

Here is what happened after I dropped my target man for a poacher.

It might be key to note; this game my TM didn't have a strike partner due to an injury to my SS. I had to run with the next best thing, which was a AM-S. Maybe that's why my TM struggled and my poacher thrived?

>next best thing
>AM-S
No, no, nope, why the fuck did you even think a AM-S was the right partner for a TM? No wonder that didn't work at all. Did you read the role description at all? It's not an attacking role at all.

RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE------------------

dont bully him hes new. and cute.

I'm brand new at the game and I have 10 injured players 2 games into the season. I have one striker that can play a SS role. One that can play Targetman, and one that can play Poacher. SS was injured, and I didn't think a poacher would work well with a targerman.

My BBM did well this game with my targetman as I told him to get forward to make up for it (which is why he had a ton of shots, which were either assisted or pre assisted by my TM)

>My regens are getting poached

>I have 10 injured players 2 games into the season
You need to fix your training. It's either too intense or not intense enough.

>I have one striker that can play a SS role
If he has the right attributes he can play the role. Don't let FM tell you what role a player is supposed to play as.

>I didn't think a poacher would work well with a targerman
OP PasteBin, Pairs and Combinations guide:
>fmscout.com/a-tactical-guide-pairs-and-combinations.html
Search for Big-Man, and you should find Big Man/Little Man Pairing.

Also, Dad, you didn't answer my question.

How many tactics should I be training? If I make slight changes mid game but don't have a tactic with those changes I made will it make a difference? If I sub a TM out for a poacher or switch roles or whatever, will I suffer because I haven't been training that specific tactic?

Several players were already injured when I started the save (long term ACL injuries) others got injured during games.

I'll look up the combos now, thanks.

>How many tactics should I be training?
As many different ones as you need.

>If I make slight changes mid game but don't have a tactic with those changes I made will it make a difference?
It always has an impact, the tactical familiarity (granted you're playing FM17) will tell you how much of an impact it has.

>will I suffer because I haven't been training that specific tactic?
If it's a punctual change due to circumstances, who gives a shit. If you're going to do that kind of change frequently, and if it has an impact on the overall setup of your team and you have free tactics slots, you might as well train it.

:p

:3

You're the man. Thanks. I just read the pairs and combo guide for big man little man too and fuck me did I have it wrong. Poacher / TM is ideal. Fucking hell.

And I'll have to look into training now cause I'm clueless about that too.

I'd like to use a 2 striker formation because look at my depth of strikers (pic related) when all fit.

I don't know how he is in game, but Assombalonga was a beast for Forest in the past.

Also
>Bendtner
Completely forget he even played for Forest.

The Lord giveth user

Prolly should've loaned Tyler Walker or Ben Brereton (if not both) to a club with decent facilities, or at least a club where they'll get enough first-team opportunities. Far too many strikers at the club for them to have a chance to shine, especially with their ability. And if they don't play, they won't make it. I would've sold Dumitru or loaned him away: he's 24, he won't make it. He might, perhaps, possibly make slight improvements, but the ship has sailed for him.

Everyone listens to you and explains things clearly.

Everyone ignored my questions :'(

Link to questions, I don't pay attention.

It's because I'm the cute new boi playing Nott'm :D

Seriously, thank you all for help. I'm learning more each time I play. Fuck I'm at work reading about this shit and lurking / posting here all day too.

When does the transfer window end? I think it's still open for me.

>When does the transfer window end?
I don't know, it's different for every league. You go to your league, overview tab, and look at the rules. Although clubs are unlikely to be interested by an injured player.

>be in capital one cup
>trying to get knocked out
>be down 2-0
>come back and draw level in 65th minute
>switch to tactic in pic related in the 80th minute because I'm not trying to waste my fitness in this shitcup
>take lead in 88th minute and win
tactical genius