/nba/ general

BOS:Isaiah Thomas to be ready for training camp?
LAC:Willie Reed arrested for domestic violence
NO:Muscle Watch: The DeMarcus Cousins Edition
CHA:Kemba Walker logs 12 minutes in Africa Game
IND:Victor Oladipo named MVP of NBA Africa Game
WAS:Ian Mahinmi had minor procedure on left knee
LAC:Gallinari expected back on court in September
LAC:Rivers loses front office role with Clippers
MIA:Luke Babbitt agrees to one-year deal w/ Hawks
CHA:Kemba (knee) says he's medically cleared
BKN:Hollis-Jefferson to open camp as starting PF
NY:Porzingis says he hopes to remain a Knick

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HN8CVri_5KE?t=40s
youtu.be/A0AJp9MOC_k?t=46s
youtu.be/w0Nrn8xDu1Q?t=30s
youtu.be/GkT4DtN37zk?t=46s
youtu.be/uwy97SUgWGw?t=40s
youtu.be/uMN4Jw6TZOk?t=31s
nba.com/celtics/news/press-052017-isaiah-thomas-ruled-out-for-game-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sixers >> Warriors in 2 years earliest, 4 years max

For me, it's Joel Embiid. There's no saga last season that comes close to the first 31 NBA games of this man. I can't help it, /nba/ . . . I've watched and rewatched the highlights tens of times. Embiid is far more entertaining than LeBum elite yet again, Westbrick bricking his way to MVP, Giannis Chimpakounpoo, or the Waiters/Dragic month . . everything else of value was done by chucking teams. Meanwhile this guy missed two years and then tried to condense all that development into 31 starts. Embiid's arc is similar to Guts as you can see in the evolution of his game.

Chapter 1: Embiid against the Cavs
>youtu.be/HN8CVri_5KE?t=40s
Young Embiid encounters LeShit. Here Embiid plays like a brooding loner, using sloppy technique (goaltend on Lelbron) and luck. (it's officially a block) Like the battle with Zod, the sixers are destined to lose. However Embiid's power becomes known.

Chapter 2: Embiid against the Pacers
youtu.be/A0AJp9MOC_k?t=46s
Embiid shits on weak knight PG13 and his formerly playoff team. A star stat line for Embiid and he is more clutch than the whole Pacers team in overtime despite bricking the last shot of regulation. The East is officially on notice after like 6 games of Embiid.

Chapter 3: Embiid against the Celtics
>youtu.be/w0Nrn8xDu1Q?t=30s
Golden age Embiid. Manlets IT and Horford can't compete against Embiid's power. He teams up with Griffith (Dario Saric) and they learn how to win battles. Lying Horford nonetheless wins this game through sleight of hand, prophesying the team's eventual downfall.

Chapter 4: Embiid shits on the Raptors
>youtu.be/GkT4DtN37zk?t=46s
This game is the zenith of Embiid's glory. He becomes a canny veteran, carrying the team on offense and defense. His friends have all learned of their true strength, and with alongside their hero the Band of the Hawk (sixers) are invincible. The fraudulent 3 seed craptors get force fed Embiid's nuts over and over again through 4 quarters including the game winning play.

Chapter 5: The Eclipse
>youtu.be/uwy97SUgWGw?t=40s
Embiid challenges the Blazers and falls from grace after a nut, leaving him near death with exploded knees. Based Dame misses a FT on purpose in his honor, allowing Embiid's friends to rally together and defeat Pooland. However, Embiid's season will never be the same.

Chapter 6: The Black Swordsman
>youtu.be/uMN4Jw6TZOk?t=31s
Embiid reappears for one night on national TV to drop 30 points and block the shit out of Micropenis Guy. Scarred and mechanically augmented, Punished Embiid wades into battle against forces beyond his control (the West) fighting onward, eternally in a demon haunted world.

Forget about Markelle Fultz and Ben Simmons. /nba/ is on notice from the moment this man takes the court again. Joel Embiid is the face of the NBA now, and he'll still probably never play a full season. All I can say is, rest of the league, are you even trying?

And to think, the havoc that will be caused by Simmons and and Fultz. It's a damn good time to be a Sixer fan now. I hope Embiid won't be the next Oden.

Sad to say, but I ain't signing IT to no max deal. Fuck no. I'd rather press my luck with Marcus Smart.

This is why they should have drafted Fultz!!!!!! I still kind of don't believe how stupid it was for them to trade down.

Tatum is good, could be great. Plus they might luck into an all time draft next year. It's deep at the tom & the could end up with the 1 & 2 picks.

lebron is a good player

It's really strong at the top but it's not deep at all.

And they're probably not going to end up with any picks in the top 3.

And Fultz is probably better than Tatum and made infinitely more sense on their team.

Terrible trade. Terrible.

Seriously though, Westbrook isn't signing that extension is he?

WESTBRICK TO CLEVELAND

He would be crazy to sign it

Not likely, he's waiting to see how the year pans out to decide. If they manage to get to the WCF then he'll be more inclined to stay. If only the second round, it's 50/50.
Any worse and he's out.
But I'd like to think he's waiting out the contract for better financial flexibility in terms of the franchise.

If PG doesn't re-sign and he does, he'll be getting a monster of a contract. But if PG stays, he'll be taking less to put a roster in place. Seems like the discussion that the OKC franchise has set in place with their star.

Would the Lakers be a better situation from a purely basketball point of view for Russ and PG than OKC? I'm honestly not sure. LA doesn't have Steven Adams but they have a lot of young talent

I don't really get why he'd stay if PG left. Where is that franchise going otherwise? They're not going to have an easy time attracting FAs.

If I was Russ and PG13 I would rather have Steven Adams just entering his prime over Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram being years away from their prime, BUT PG13 seems to have his sights set on L.A. no matter what. If they do all decide to stay together in OKC, they'll need to fill out the SG and PF spots with meme shooters.

What was Isaiah Thomas's injury anyway?

right femoral-acetabular impingement with labral tear
nba.com/celtics/news/press-052017-isaiah-thomas-ruled-out-for-game-3

fucking kek. hes coming home to the warries

BUMPing the one true general.

I consulted WebMD and he definitely has cancer.

sup user, fancy a game?

Lebron winning 3-1 saved his legacy big time. If he lost three in a row to GSW he would have been forgotten.