This Is Objectively The Greatest Film Yet Made

It is not perfect nor is any other film, but so far in the history of film, There Will Be Blood is the most perfect yet made. The balance of ever single aspect of filmmaking into one continuous stream of greatness is unmatched. Contrarians hate it because it is so great and and the uninitiated don't like it because it's moment to moment display of craftsmanship flies above their heads. And if it is your favorite film ever and you have seen it countless times, you still, lack the perception to appreciate it's incisive power.

Please prove me wrong or show me a film better.

Milkshake memes are welcome but please take me deadly serious.

I love you Sup Forums (I'm drunk) and have been here half a decade but please take me serious and let's have a serious discussion.

There Will Be Blood is the greatest film yet made.

It was until Man of Steel was released

Yes, you're drunk. Go to sleep, tomorrow the hangover will be strong. And watch more films

“No!” is the first word spoken in There Will Be Blood, and it should be the last said in response to Paul Thomas Anderson’s latest pretend epic.

DDL is a hack and this shit was trash kys

I have seen everything, all countries/languages/decades/directors. I've seen it all.

why friend

the first word is "ladies"

And there are almost no ladies in the film.

>it's another Sup Forums claims X Is objectively the best without technically elaborating why

the vast majority of people on Sup Forums are not capable of discussion sadly
This boards saving grace is that it's funny

you willing to sit and let me deconstruct it?

i will, but first do you have any negatives for it?

plenty of older women and also Mary Sunday is paramount to the H.W./Daniel relationship, but the phallocentrism is a prime theme to the Industrial productive plot

this thread is a meager attempt to return to a so-called 'patrician' discussion of a great film, like rare threads used to be years ago

you're not helping, Sup Forums is shit because you're shit

I don't care

ok not him but what was the point of the "not brother" showing up? I get he was trying to use DDL for his riches, but is there a deeper point with him? Cause he felt like screen filler, and DDL kills him like nothing and bam he never existed and he carries on like whatever. Maybe I'm missing something, and I hope I am.

its not even good enough to warrant a rewatch

the 'not brother' was a surrogate platform to analyze Daniel himself, to open a possibility of a warm humanity under the cold violent capitalist, make him remember a truth to his youth and innocence having a connection to a family and past beyond his violent ego of moment and greed, to remind him he is more human than the man who sees nothing more than what he uses people in the moment for and the lie and betrayal returned him to his basic form of violence and killed the imposter appropriately

Daniel truly wished he was his brother, he himself called it "refreshing" but I call it redeeming

Plainview is a product of his environment. You thought until that point that he's just an asshole because he feels like it, but when the brother reveals himself you realize it's the world that's greedy, and Daniel is just good at beating them to it.

read my OP, it went over your head friend, that or you're memeing :)

your shitpost begs to differ, dumbfuck

>Anderson is currently working on a drama about the London fashion industry in the 1950s, which will star Daniel Day-Lewis in his first acting role since Lincoln in 2012.

Why is PTA and DDL wasting their talents on some crap about fashion?

What's wrong with Mad Men: The Movie?

I don't care

Fashion is questionable and the 50's may remind of The Master, but DDL in a English accent in a PTA will be quite unique. Also since the angry DDL has been done in TWBB
what will his performance motive be? Happy? Calm? Could this be a comedy? I'm fucking hyped either way.

Why does the main character become a silly crazy fucker at the midpoint? He was fair normal at the beginning. Yes I know his kid became deaf, but the actor was eating the entire scenery the 2nd half.

First word is when he's in the hole and he finds the rock spits on it and says "there she is"

I don't even like this movie and I know

wow thanks guys

that's true it was muffled and unscripted but the first 'true' dialogue starts in the Oilman monologue

I would argue he was the same "character" the entire film but the increasing intensity of the conditions surrounding him further his malice, any particular scene you want to cite?

faggot and pleb

i like boogie nights better

profound, explain further friend?

You can't understand this movie unless you are over 40 and owner of a milkshake factory