Why is this movie so critically panned?

Why is this movie so critically panned?

>I-it's mean-spirited!!

jim carrey's physical "humor" is a lot more dumb than funny

Maybe you should get a sense of humor

kind of ahead of its time in a way, definitely underrated.

My sense of humor is perfect. Him giving his ex sti's and her suiciding is fucking hilarious. Cable guy is garbage.

It's not funny. Matt Broderick killing Irish people is funny.

no ideal. It's a pretty strong movie. Actually better than the huge hits Carrey had before it.

for the Medieval Times scene alone all the complaints are unfounded.

I really like the bit about the "line." The line betwen stranger and friend that Broderick is afraid to cross.

That mom and her kids learned not to walk there though thats for sure.

I don't think it's better than Dumb and Dumber, but it definitely holds up more than The Mask and Ace Ventura.

The first or the second? The second is pretty great man I wouldn't be so sure.

Because it is terrible.

This is not a comedy.

First. I agree I like the 2nd Ace better.

it's not a good anything

Ultimate bro.

I would love a friend in my life who would rouse me from my pathetic existence.

i grew up only knowing about ace 2 before i saw ace 1 like ten years after, didn't like it as much, ace 1 definitely has a different feel in terms of plot not so much in the ace character itself.

Agreed. The first movie is shockingly transphobic. I actually had to turn it off when I tried to rewatch it because it was giving me anxiety attacks.

faggot

Fuck off to tumblr

Baitedhard.jpg

That movie is great, espcially all the references to other movies from the cable guy

>mfw karaoke scene

At this point Carrey had only done zany comedies and that's all people were ready to accept from him. I remember people being upset that it wasn't funnier. I didn't like it at the time either but I've come around to it. It's probably the Jim Carey movie that will age the best (excluding timeless masterpiece dirty Harry five)

Because Chris Farley was supposed to be the star of that movie, and he got cucked by another movie company and did beverly hills ninja and went on a suicidal drug binge and died because of how awful it was.

Too spooky, like click!