ITT: Bands that should have ended sooner

He didn't breathe so good!

unfortunately.
If we all know before that after the masterpiece Black Album would come out Load, Reload, St. Anger and today we need to wait too long for a decent record... for good should have ended when the Black Album tours ended, in 1994.

b-but it's the only genesis album I like.

Imagine if Achtung Baby was their last album. They would be true patrician

Most of them?

Right but you posted the wrong album

danzig's seat was reserved in the hall of all legendary frontmen who died young

but no he had to keep living and grow up to be a fat piece of shit who sues everyone

Imagine thinking Duke is a bad album.

I actually don't, but the band should have changed the name. It's clearly a completely different project.

By this logic so should Pink Floyd, King Crimson and any other band that evolved their sound.

None of these bands changed their sound and music visions as heavily as post-Gabriel/Hackett Genesis did.
Solo Gabriel had more Genesis in it than Phil-era Genesis.

Really? So Discipline sounds just like ITCOCK to you? PATGOD sounds just like Animals to you?

Also Gabriel did exactly what the rest of Genesis did which was to go on to make Pop music with progressive tendencies yet Genesis were the ones who got labeled as " sell outs." Sledgehammer is every bit as much a pop song as is Land of Confusion.

You're overthinking this.

That's why I not only said sound-wise but also the overall musical vision.
Banks himself said that he wanted to avoid prog and go for full pop/AOR sound, which Gabriel nor KC did (even if they incorporated elements of pop and new wave into their already variated work).
Also I'm not really calling them "sell outs", I don't hate Phil-era Genesis, I think they sound shockingly different, like a completely different band with a different vision altogether.
You're also overthinking this.

they should have ended when cliff died desu

All trash after Exit..... Stage Left

Forgot image

All trash after Exit

don't be so extreme, And Justice For All and Black Album are great metal albums

But AJFA is their best album