Just rewatched this and master/commander. What are some other bombass historical pieces?

Just rewatched this and master/commander. What are some other bombass historical pieces?

oh yeah and besides gladiator, love it but seen it so many times I could repeat 2/3rds of the script.

Lawrence of Arabia

I know it's long but there's an intermission for a reason

Generation Kill
Generation War

1492 conquest of paradise
the mission

Master and Commander isn't historical at all.
The bad guys aren't the french but the americans in reality and in the book, but since burgers are such gigantic pussies who can't handle to be depicted as "bad" added to the fact that the movie was produced during the Iraq invasion and boycott of France they changed the original plot.

HBO's Rome is good otherwise.

Daily reminder that Orlando Bloom is a giant Mary-Sue in that movie.

>barely anyone likes him
>gets smacked around a lot
>doesn't get the girl
>loses Jerusalem

But I forgot, he got a couple of good hits in so he's a Mary Sue

Shhhhh this is Sup Forums
Only a girl can be called a Mary-Sue here

waterloo

Reminder that after Ridley Scott and Mel Gibson die we will never ever get another historical movie ever again.

He's a bastard blacksmith and within a month after he shows up he's basically in charge on the whole city, all his fathers men who don't know him form Adam are his BFFs, he's an expert at siege tactics, he's an expert swordsman, he knows more about logistics than seemingly anyone else, he's negotiating treaties and the fucking princess falls in love with him. And then at the end the fucking King of England comes by to offer him a job.

Oh yeah and I forgot, e inherits a fiefdom out of nowhere and even though it's been around for ages he's the first guy who thinks of putting in a well and for some reason he's also an expert on wells and irrigation to.

This board is truly fucking hopeless.

>main character gets offered a job

Wow such mary sue

You are delusional. Come back when you learn to think critically.

He's got a good point

I have now learned how to think critically. Now what?

Use your critical thinking skills and apply them to this movie.
If you still think it's good then you need to learn more about movie and or history.
Protip: Just because it's not good doesn't mean you can't still like it.

Apocalypto

A Mary Sue is someone who develops ninja fighting skills despite not having the right background, the problem isn't that they are female, so shouldn't you be opposed to half-baked unrealistic female characters?

>all his fathers men who don't know him form Adam are his BFFs

they were sworn to the Baron. they were acting out of Duty

>he's an expert at siege tactics

This is explained in the extended edition, in the theatrical he also explicitly states having fought in an engineer role before.

>he's an expert swordsman

He isn't, he had to be taught

>he knows more about logistics than seemingly anyone else

He ran a business, also probably picked up a few things running the seige equipment for the French

He was really talking about Sup Forums, not mary-sues.

A mary-sue isn't the same as a plot hole. Just because you can write explanations for why he's so great and everyone loves him doesn't mean it's good writing.

It doesn't mean he's a fucking Mary sue either, what don't you people fucking understand?

Bloom's character isn't any more of a problem than every other character in the movie. Everyone is a sloppy, cardboard cut out. Like the patriarch of Jerusalem who follows Bloom around, and his only job in the movie is to say something that sounds either callous, stupid, or cowardly, and by contrast making Bloom's character look better.

That better have been the director's cut you slack jawed faggot.

How the fuck was Edward Norton so fucking good as Baldwin in this?

cheeseandcrackers, i had to look this up, i watch this movie almost every year, and never knew till now

The point was that he was fucking nothing in his shitty rural french village, but thought he found everything he ever wanted in the holy land which is pretty fitting for a movie about the crusades. His growth comes from giving up the fantasy and going back home, and his reward for the sacrifice was being able to take back a fragment of the happiness he found.

He landed sweet Eva Green pucc, he was the true victor of the Crusades.