Downloading SD or 720p instead of 1080p

>downloading SD or 720p instead of 1080p
>downloading XVID instead of the widely used x264 rip
>downloading the shitty re-encoded x265 instead of the original x264 rip
>avoiding mkv files because you "can't play them"
>downloading the rips with re-encoded 2.0 AAC audio instead of the original 5.1 or 7.1 audio track
>downloading the web-dl when there's a Bluray out
>downloading the 1GB or smaller rips when the full Bluray is right there
>using streaming sites instead of archiving Bluray rips to your multiple hard drives
>using one click hosters with shit download speed instead of torrents
>using public trackers filled with badly encoded, poorly seeded capeshit instead of private trackers with well-organized, well-seeded truekino.
>watching your rips on anything smaller than a 24 inch display at a desk or smaller than a 60 inch display in a living room.

Which of these sins have you committed, Sup Forums?

>using or even promoting the use of uTorrent instead of Deluge.
You've committed the biggest one.

>implying Deluge is good

no, user

I have no idea what most of these mean. I just download the first result from the pirate bay and watch it on my tv

I don't use private trackers.
I don't even on a TV, I watch everything on my laptop.

Besides that I'm good.

>downloading oversized bad-quality 1080p instead of good quality 720p
Noob

>I have no idea what most of these mean.

liberal arts major detected

>Implying you or I can see or hear the differences of any of those points.

Older versions of utorrent are whitelistet on every major tracker. I use deluge on one of my 3 machines. It's fine but there are very few noticable differences between deluge and utorrent.
>watching 480p on TV
kys

>I don't even on

>wasting time, effort and harddrive space downloading 1080p
>you can't even notice the difference unless you want to be an autistic shitfuck

>I have poor eyesight

we know

>wasting time
confirmed for Australian or some other 3rd world country.

Please explain to me how the coke bottle in the background of the kitchen scene not being resolved as clear as real life ruins your enjoyment of the thing you spent 0 dollars on

By this logic you could justify watching a decent camrip since you can still see there's a coke bottle in the background in those.

Stop being retarded.

>consuming a visual medium
>arguing that visuals aren't important
It's the youtube 128kbps MP3 generation.

>Sup Forums watches camrips regularly

Your point?

>I never eat McDonalds, ever
>Because I must only eat gourmet hamburgers that have atleast one Michelin star

>implying Michelin gourmet Burgers are for free like Blu Ray rips

pic is what 1080p fags actually believe

>I just download the first result from the pirate bay and watch it on my tv
If you do anything but this you are a pretentious bandwidth wasting asshole

>consuming visuals
>through a medium
>arguing about degrees of distortion

accurate

>arguing about degrees of distortion
I am not arguing tho.

>thread is over
>start same fagging

none. no exceptions

I always wait for the Blu-ray and I watch it on my 65 inch TV

>1080p fags being BTFO left and right
>s- samefag!

It gets even worse if you're in (South) East Asia.

I bought some bootleg DVDs (usually Ghibli films or martial arts films but I buy some others) when I was in Taiwan and I am already an expert on these Chink bootleg "Blu-ray" DVD-9 discs.

They have a type called 10-in-1 which has very shitty video quality (only 240p and maybe even non-anamorphic letterboxed widescreen, to boot), heavily compressed 1.0 or 2.0 audio which gives everyone lisps if they didn't have a lisp already and sometimes even hacks of part of a movie to cram ten movies in one DVD-9.

And many people prefer these bootleg DVDs because their cheaper, take note, most people still go with DVD in (South) East Asia and many don't even have Blu-ray players or HDTVs, and the reason why they prefer DVD is maybe because they have no internet or their internet is really shitty.

And they find official DVD releases too expensive.

There are also standalone Chink "Blu-ray" DVD-9 bootlegs which surprisingly have very high quality on par with an official DVD, if not better.

But poorfags avoid those as they only have one movie and are not practical.

And there are also bootleg box sets which poorfags also avoid because they are more expensive as well.

Thank God I usually buy Blu-rays (Ultra HD Blu-rays if possible) or torrent the highest quality.

Right half has been resized to 720p and back to 1080

With your horribly compressed jpeg and shitty textures of MGS5 only the superimposed text suffers compression loss

own*

>1080p fags being BTFO left and right
>making shit up
thanks iffy

I do x265 but only new encodes.

The only people who prefer x264 are those with shit poor equipment that can't handle it.

>I bought

already failed

Trasmission is the best torrent client besides utorrent 1.8.2 (lacks UDP tracker support since it's ancient but time proven)

Deluge is utter shite and is no longer updated

utorrent 3 and newer is still the one you see the most in peer list so

>The only people who prefer x264 are those with shit poor equipment that can't handle it.

Wrong. 99% of x265 are re-codes.

>utorrent 3
Literally spyware. I use my utorrent 2.0.1 on PtH, PtP and BtN and that's pretty much all I need. Never understood the debate.

You need to find better sources then.

>re-codes
Well, not on my trackers, no.

h.265 is still new and nobody figured out how to best use it yet

performance demand from any decoder is negligeble unless your PC is literally weaker than iphone 3G in which case you are a curator at a local computer science museum and shouldn't be shitposting on Sup Forums from work

>Well, not on my trackers, no.

Show proof

Not him, but why would someone re-encode a rip when bluray remuxes are wildely avaliable

or are we counting h.264 bluray source (with ridiculous placebo bitrates) as a re-encode now

Like how? If you re-encode something someone will just trump your upload and it will get deleted.

I meant native support on smart TV's, consoles and alike.

Steam link is 50 bucks and actually works flawlessly for movies and the like in wireless mode

Try telling that to the masses

>WONT PLAY ON MY YADDA YADDA.

Fuck I remember the headache of just moving to x264 from xvid for the masses, its amazing how much some new xvids are actually shared and downloaded actually to this day.

>Not downloading full blurays

I frequently download based yify torrents, simply because I know they'll play on my ps3. I could just look up what codecs are compatible but I'm a lazy lazy man.

>grew up watching tv on one of these
>don't mind watching shitty 480p streams to save bandwidth

go fuck yourself op.

Literally none, unless torrenting Remuxes from Rutracker counts.

I will tell you you do need good ol bundle of ethernet cable if you wanna use this thing for gaming

I used to have one of them usb IR ports that you can use a remote on, that was a bitch to set up but oddly satisfying

>wasting upload ratio on placebo quality

>not using utorrent 1.6.1

shiggy

>watching shitty 480p streams to save bandwidth

Poverty is sad.

>have been using rutracker as backup tracker since 2011
>they got rid of enforced ratio shortly after
>they now have magnet links since russian IP ban
>still a yuge tracker (2 million *seeded* torrents) with quality content
>Sup Forumsedditors constantly asking "kickass is rip what do"

>save bandwidth

>torrents: 0
Good one Yuri.

But consider you can watch 480p streams WHILST torrenting

Also data caps are very common in trumpland ISPs and a lot of the states have 3rd workld tier internets

Am I the only one using qbittorrent?

>Deluge is utter shite and is no longer updated
Why does it need to be updated?

>But consider you can watch 480p streams WHILST torrenting
Not that guy but this is just not acceptable when watching movies. It would like total crap on each of my screens. If you watch, I don't know, a sitcom while eating or something it could be the exception.

Yes you are

Because it constantly fucks up and could use more features

A good movie is a good movie on a worn VHS. Go back to plebbit.

DUDE INTERNATL SEARCH ENGINES
DUDE WATCH THE FILES BEFORE THEY ARE FINISHED
DUDE SPYWARE

>A good movie is a good movie on a worn VHS. Go back to plebbit.
I had some of my VHS till 07. Sorry for telling you that indulging in visual art while crapping on the visuals is stupid. Didn't mean to disturb you in your 3rd world echo chamber.

480p is roughly DVD tier. Sorry for telling you this visual medium by and large has shitty visuals and stunted cinematic language, while a lot of visually stunning movies are yet to see a bluray release.

No, you're not.

>moving the goal post
Watching shitty movies in shitty quality doesn't make them better. I watch good movies in decent quality. Weird, I know.

>480p is roughly DVD tier.
>thinking it's all about the resolution
Literally youtube generation.

So do I. And I have a decent connection. I've been a different user all along.

Literally arguing for the sake of arguing. Welcome to Sup Forums.

Optical shit aside from laserdisc has always had placebo bitrates for the relosultion. 8-10 megabits for 1080p can be considred "lossless" if you ignore the meaning of that word.

>So do I. And I have a decent connection. I've been a different user all along.
>stating that I am totally from Sup Forums will make people think I am a total oldfag
>hehe
What was your point again? Cause mine simply was that I don't stream movies cause they literally look like shit on my screens.

>being poor
the gravest sin of all

That you can overlook it in certain circumstances and if you can't you're the dictionary definition of autistic

Certainly you would be poor if you paid for all the movies you've seen. Poor and with barely 500 titles watched.

xdcc memes melt all shitty private trackers

all scene releases maxing out muh connection with no need to seed

goml nerds

I literally told you when I can overlook it. You suck at reading.

Second point was quite a few movies look like crap regardless of quality thanks to talentless hacks in charge of cinematography OR fall ino CGI wankfest camp (capeshit et al), at which point you might as well watch ReBoot on youtube.

indeed

>shitty reencoded x265

There are decent x265 rips if you look further.

It has featurettes, audio commentary, captions and 5.1/7.1 channel

Too bad x265 will be deprecated next year. Let's see what AV1 holds

>Too bad x265 will be deprecated next year. Let's see what AV1 holds

I'm waiting for that too. AV1 is going to be /ourcodec/ from the looks of it.

>Too bad x265 will be deprecated next year.

why?

I have violated none of these things.

I did however download a TC, and sometimes a WEB source for a shitty movie I had no interest in watching in high quality. aka Suicide Squad.

how mentally unstable do you have to be to download a high quality version of modern films or tv shows

they are disposable trash, to be eaten like the junk food they are

I would never waste bandwidth on 'good' versions of anything new and popular

I like 1080p WEB-DL's with okay bitrates, they're a nice middle ground for TV shows and throwaway movies.

waste bandwidth

>They have a type called 10-in-1 which has very shitty video quality (only 240p and maybe even non-anamorphic letterboxed widescreen, to boot), heavily compressed 1.0 or 2.0 audio which gives everyone lisps if they didn't have a lisp already and sometimes even hacks of part of a movie to cram ten movies in one DVD-9.
This gives me ptsd. But this happened for video games in my country. So many good as fuck soundtracks were missing from games I played for years.

2.2.1 has the most functionality with no spyware

I hate that so many public trackers have 3. You're fucking all our shit up, idiots.

I download 720p sometimes when it's the only golden popcorn torrent for a movie on PTP, or when the 1080p version is like 25GB and it's a movie I don't really care that much about.

>I like 1080p WEB-DL's with okay bitrates, they're a nice middle ground for TV shows and throwaway movies.

It doesn't matter if the web-dl is the only thing you will get for the next 4-5 months waiting for the bluray.

>how mentally unstable do you have to be to download a high quality version of modern films or tv shows

Some people have standards, you pleb.

>it's a Ganool, Ozlem, FOXM, VPPV, ETRG rip

>muslim ripz

not even once

>Being an autistic fuck that gives a fuck about whatever technical bla

as long as the filesize is small, it looks good and runs in vlc with .srt subs its fine

>vlc

lol

>Not buying entertainment legally
Turn yourself in

>paying for something that is free

Grow a brain

>any utorrent version past 2.2.1
>falling for the botnet meme
Expect a knock at your door shortly.

>Movies
I always try and find a 3-5GB 1080p rip, although 720p is fine if you're watching on a laptop or tablet.
>TV Shows
I go for 700MB - 1GB 720p rips, unless it's something with really good visuals like Hannibal then i go for the 1080p rip. And for stuff like Planet Earth i will seek out the really big size torrents. You need the best possible quality for that.

>not using qBittorent

Open source and has a built in search engine so you don't have to mess about finding proxy sites because your ISP blocked them all.

>SD
720 really is the standard for me now but I have a lot of stuff I've had for years still in SD.

>XVID
why

>x265
It's smaller and if done well it still looks acceptable as long as you're not a total quality nazi. Smaller actually is important if you save stuff forever.

>mkv
does anyone still do this?

>audio
If I'm not actually watching on a surround sound setup then who cares?

>web-dl
What's wrong with this?

>1GB or smaller
Maybe that's small for a movie, but episodes of a TV show shouldn't be over 1GB.

>streaming sites
Yeah I do prefer keeping my stuff. Sometimes even years later I randomly want to see something again.

>hosters with shit download speed
Meh, connecting to something like Mega via Tor is a lot safer than torrent without paying for a VPN.

>muh private trackers
Anything I can get an invite to the MPAA can too.

>monitor size
depends on distance, faggot. Seen too many people trying to get the biggest size they can find only to have a tv that's exhausting to look at because their tv room isn't long enough.

>funding the jew

>I always try and find a 3-5GB 1080p rip
absolutely disgusting

I don't even look at the video specification these days, only audio.

Audio is the first thing lazy encoders will cut because normies don't have a clue that they are listening to atrocious 96 kbps and cutting audio reduces the file size quite a lot.

So if the encoder actually cared about the audio specs, the video is more than likely decent aswell.

YIFY A:10 V:10 THANKS MY MAN YOU THE BEST