Would you object if your country abandoned your language, and used English instead?

Would you object if your country abandoned your language, and used English instead?

no

Nah

t. John Bull

No. What's the point of keeping a little language when you can speak the international language? Keeping french is useless, and english is way more simpler et more practical. Imagine how more simple things would be if everyone just spoke english

why not franglais

Good_goy.jpg

Im abandoning english and using my native tongue

Yes

english is already franglais

nice argument

Yes. I try to force Finnish on all the foreigners I get to know online and dream of it becoming a world language one day.

we dont speak italian anyway so who cares
make it english official, no one will speak it anyway

CHI

yes

What about Malays and Indians?

perkele :DDDDDDD

no, there is no point in a globalized world to let everyone speak different languages

surprised it was that low before 2bh

>be globalized
>get shot if you don't speak American

Dominant Home Language of Singaporean Chinese Primary-1 Students (1980 to 2009)
Resident population aged 5 years and over by language spoken most frequently at home and ethnic group (2005 data)

what exactly is "Chinese dialects"? Cantonese, or something else? and why did they disappear so very quickly in favor of Mandarin?

Yes.
But it would still be better than ruskie dog's barking """language"""

>Hokkien (41.1%), Teochew (21.0%), Cantonese (15.4%), Hakka (7.9%) and Hainanese (6.7%)
They disappeared because Mandarin was promoted to foster unity.

Oui

USA is a apanish speaking country.

This threa reminded me of pic related

we're already doing it unwittingly.

>mocked and insulted in britain for being unable to speak chinese well
>made the entire country's chinese population abandon their heritage language to overcome his humiliation

Si

No

>and used English instead?
Not really, no
>inb4 Arabic-memes

no

Knowing swedish helped make me a better and more knowledgable person, but it serves no purpose in itself and it's not useful. There's a reason finns are so insanely butthurt about having to learn it.

Yes. English is on the same tier as Swedish on the scale of languages that sound like shit.

Au bucher sale bougnoule

Mourir de la même façon que Jeanne D'Arc, le plus grand des honneurs.

Yes
Have you heard our accent when speaking English? It's atrocious
Believe me, the world is better off with us talking Portuguese

JEANNE

AU SECOURS

>Would you object if your country abandoned your language.
Yes.Different languages give you the ability to express yourself in a different manner since not all concepts are represented in every language.
Knowing only one language is a limiting language on ones thinking.
I would go the other way and make sure that all 28 languages of the EU are made mandatory in each EU member and split as secondary mandatory languages amongst the population.
That way 1/27th would be learning German,1/27th would be learning Bulgarian,1/27th would be learning Polish,1/27th would be learning French and so on...

Not only will this expand the minds of future generations but will also improve integration and relations.

>Imagine how more simple things would be
it wouldn't be that much simpler I imagine
also you have bad grammar

only one language would be bad for music and poetry, simply because languages sound different.

Have some silicone as an incentive to read my wall of text.

Yes, very much so.
Global English was a horrible mistake.
Any Romance language would be better. Can't wait for USA to switch to Spanish.

*limiting factor

We've read it, but no one is going to retain his Polish or Croatian lessons due to lack of interest.

>Can't wait for USA to switch to Spanish

¡Este!

>but no one is going to retain his Polish or Croatian lessons due to lack of interest.
I've learned German as my third language at school and even after 15 years i still retain a few of the basics.Kid's brains are like sponges.
Even if the languages are not practiced they'd be a part of you.

I don't believe if it's the best thing to abandon our languages so everyone can speak to each other, but I'd like more people to speak English.

The first thing you said is very accurate. All languages have their own bias, and if you want to implement a global/international language, I don't believe any natural language can work.
That's why I don't want language variety to disappear, if that happens, world visions would disappear too.

True. If you want English to be the global language, please reform the script and make it a bit more regular. If not, it would be a pain in the ass to write foreign names.

>you have bad grammar
>not "Your grammar is bad/shite

And you call yourself Irish?