youtube.com/watch?v=93lrosBEW-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
youtube.com/watch?v=ubZrAmRxy_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no one cares about Polynesian culture

No marketing.
Seriously, I didn't even know this shit was out

this.

It was a summer movie released in winter.

These two, I didn't see many commercials on the movie and its a bit out of season.

no one cared. It wasn't Cars 3 and it wasn't even Pixar. The only thing it had going for it was The Rock and his fans aren't exactly the Animated movie going type.

Niggers are a whole other sub-species so I'll go with niggers

It's actually not that great, mostly because the flow of the entire story isn't "there"

It feels more like a loosely connected series of short Polynesian adventures, as opposed to a strong cohesive Disney movie.

It's by no means bad, but it's nowhere near Disneys best film.

Trump won. People stop pretending to care about race shit.

I'm totally serious.

Thematically it was more consistent than Frozen which was full of forced shit like the trolls and Hans betrayal and that movie broke records.

china hates black people

the only market that matters

people preferred twinks

Rogue One will do great there because of Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen.

Either way, the Mouse wins.

why are americans so fucking dumb? you morons seriously can't watch a movie when the weather doesn't match the one in real life?

The entire world watches seasonal movies.

this

also this

>chinese don't care about vader so unlike amerifags they wont think the 3rd act is worth the shitty first and second ones
>chinese know when theyre being pandered to so they dont watch the movie

the numbers will be disappointing, mark my words.

You are also wrong and retarded.

The driving factor behind watching animated films are young boys or in this case, young girls. They literally don't even understand who Donald Trump is and drag along their entire families.

it's summer right now in australia and any country next to the equator doesnt give a fuck so that's still no excuse.

i didnt think "aw man it has a beach in it, now i cant watch it in december" when i saw the trailer

you guys are the dumbest.

Why the fuck would they release this on winter? Except Australia...

It's actually way better than Frozen. You just KNOW Dwayne Johnson is gay because of how good he is in this film

It was a very clear-cut, lean adventure story that was well executed. The mission had 3 steps (find Maui, get his hook, return the heart of Teffiti) and each step had its own villain to defeat. Even if it sounds "episodic", it's no more episodic than any other Disney animated movie or really any adventure movie involving travelling from location to location.

I am currently staying in the Philippines for Christmas so nobody gives a shit because it's always summer in the Philippines.

Unfortunately, the seven languages I am most fluent in are English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Korean and Mandarin aren't spoken that widely in the Philippines.

Many of them speak perfect English but it's just as common to find someone who speaks in stereotypical Engrish and Filipinos are extremely racist towards foreigners, especially the Americans and the Chinese.

There are people there who are Chinese but they are to the Philippines as to what blacks are to the US.

Their racism towards Americans and Chinks would make Trump cringe and say "That's too much, man!".

Good thing the Chinese people who live there are actually nice.

I am also from the Philippines and we worship American dick, you fucking moron.

The Chinese own all of our biggest corporations.

So what now?

You seem upset.

You're also wrong and retarded.

I'm totally serious.

Sexism

But race is the reason. Liberals would not allow merchandising because muh racism so Disney cut its life support and let it die. Also chinks hate brown people.

Here's a list of movies that came out in the past 2 months that are all way better than Moana:

Arrival
Hacksaw Ridge
Nocturnal Animals
Manchester by the Sea
Rogue One

Wrong season.

>berating people for not conforming to your preferences

This is the exact kind of behavio(You)r that got people upset about the new Ghostbusters .

Zootopia happens.

meh

lilo and stitch proved it isnt about polynesians being plebs, race is more of an excuse instead of a reason for success or failure here.

a flops a flop

>comparing a children's movie to a gory war movie

disney paid for the rock to win sexiest man alive in some magazine tho

>rogue one
>good

>If you pander to them they wont watch it

Trudeau logic, mmw

When do you think Home Alone is watched more, during the winter or during the summer?

>the seven languages I am most fluent in
Are you the fucking Pope?

Exactly. Fucking. This.
Frozen bombarded us like nothing before, but I've seen NOTHING about this one. Something tells me they saw the final produc and didin't think it would make cash, so decided to save money on the marketing.

Sup Forums only likes Moana now because it didn't get popular.

I thought it was shit

All right, where's the pasta?

>Movie set in a tropical island
>Release it during winter
Fuck you Disney

>Movie set in a tropical island
>Release it during summer
Glorious southern hemisphere overlord signing in.

>polynesians are niggers now

>media is telling us 24/7 that you can only identify with your own gender and race
>why is no one watching a movie about some weird ass culture??????

the dreamworks face is getting old

make animation great again

It was trying to be like Frozen but had a shitty soundtrack. Say what you will about Frozen, but I remember those songs after seeing it once in theaters. I couldn't recall a song from this movie if you put a gun to my head.

Then add the fact that nobody wants to see a tropical movie in the fucking winter.

Because I'm not allowed to masturbate in a public movie theater and I knew this thicc goddess would get my motor revving too hard

Scandi fairytale=You make a billion dollars
Shitskin folklore=You till tanks

Those are the rules deal with it faggot

Little girls want to be a pretty princess, not some fat, ugly cow with bad hair.

>of the winter season
not very hard

la la land is the better musical anyway. disney is fucking pedestrian.

cute girl + cute alien is more appealing than stronk female + fatass

>Disney pays for the Rock to win sexiest man in 'People'
>Disney bribes media outlets to praise 'Hamilton' to give Miranda brownie points going into Moana
>Disney pays off and coaxes film critics (those they still need to considering the majority of film critics are Disnyfags)
>riding on the musical coat-tails of Frozen
>riding on the 'diversity' media push

>Moana still making less money than Disney's furfag

> Hardmode: no talking about race
> Every shitpost in this thread mentions race in some way

Really makes you think

Didn't see the movie yet,but let me gess it is just another silly story with nice visual elements and a very weak plot,right? Catchy characters I suppose,but they are poorly worked during the movie,that's full of easily forgettable jokes

>What is 1+1
>Hardmode: don't meantion 2

Really makes you think

This guy, he's scary to children. And unpleasant to look at, unfortunately he is a main character and is on all of the advertising.

It's unironically probably the best disney film in quite a while. The plot isn't weak; a little by the numbers at times, but it's so well done it isn't an issue. Also, really catchy songs, and probably the best looking animated film ever made

>fat
>no tits

Haha

Thanks Mr.Shill I will make sure to download it 5 times so Disney loses $50

> girl character isn't a twig with ridiculous proportions

Dude fat lmao

You're saying a cartoon musical for small children is the better than movies like Silence and Hacksaw Ridge.

>both arms as fat as torso

lel she is a fatty and still has no tits
that is the worst thing that can happen to a woman besides being brown
oh shit

should have been life action with cgi, it would be like journey 2 but better

every new disney film is the best disney film in a while

>no one saw it
>56 million opening
>3 weeks at #1

Yeah it was probably the art style that put kids off. Should have made him muscular and good looking.

> A film like journey 2

Please no

It was sandwiched between Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One, while Dr. Strange was still in theaters.

Pretty much all the same demographic.

>It feels more like a loosely connected series of short Polynesian adventures, as opposed to a strong cohesive Disney movie
I haven't seen this yet but all of Disney's CGI films after Tangled are like that. Frozen is the worst for it but Zootopia has it too, I can't remember what else had even come out, so it might not be all of them, but it's something I look for now and I see it a lot

>still hasn't made back its budget

kek

Didn't it make more then frozen at it first week opening?

They didnt release best song first

youtube.com/watch?v=93lrosBEW-Q

I think OP means it wont make as much money as Disney wanted it to. They intentionally released it in a time of the year when movies are generally shit hoping to bring them in because there was nothing else to see. Unfortunately there is a reason there is no good movies in mid november. Everyone saves their shit for early-mid december because people are more frugal around that time and toys.

>but better

I mean it would be similar with The Cock punching cartoon animals and running around in fake islands

>the dreamworks face is getting old
today I saw a peluche of zootopia's fox.
even the fucking peluche has the dreamwork face, jesus

^
Sorry, I can't take praise like that seriously.

>daily reminder people praised Frozen out the ying-yang when it first came out

Disneyfags are the easiest of all people to please.

>keep saying this every thread
>nothing to support that claim except some figure about 180 million spent in marketing without any source given

if you honestly believe these things at least post some data as comparison

it was doing better than frozen domestically but that's been abruptly stalled by star wars. also worldwide it's doing absolutely shit

they could have made a whole movie about monsters and have a new Hercules but they barely show the cool shit

>racism against americans and chinks.
>Almost a fourth of the population has chink blood
>mainland chink are either druglords or are in organized crime

The local chinks are themselves angry at other chinks who are causing trouble, so I dont know what you are saying.

>today I saw a peluche of zootopia's fox
back to the cleaners, Paquito

> Superior to Frozen in every way
> Characters aren't white so it's struggling to make profit while Frozen made over 1 billion

Nothing went wrong with the movie itself, it's more or less the average movie going audience that's fucked

I agree, the world population don't own the world and are on the wrong side of history, shaking my head desu

this sounds fine, a perfectly good reason.

i just feel like all of these "why moana flop" threads are just trying to bait out racist resposnes like "nobody wants to watch brown people" when its not really true.

I don't have a girlfriend at the moment so I can't go see it.

Should've been released in the summer

summer

Too bad, Disney was really hinging on the "4channer with girlfriend" audience

They should give out gfs to market their next movie

As much as I wanna fugg that qt chocolate
I'd rather fuck the rabbit

it's a tropical summer movie visually, and it's winter for the western world.

>that upper lip
wtf were they thinking?

These were the best disney songs in ages

Dumb rabbit poster

No it wasn't. Frozens first week was 26.5 million and Moana was 25.4.

It's not that much worse but Moana did not do better than Frozen in any way.

Why do people keep saying this?

True

youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

youtube.com/watch?v=ubZrAmRxy_M

Two words:
Rogue One

sorry m8 this is the best Disney bunny